Stolen Pixels #251: Everyone Else is Wrong

Pages PREV 1 2

*reads strip title* Sorry, I have to.

killcannon71:
Escapist seems to be becoming the FOX news of game reporting. Sensationalize or Die I guess.

Or its a Webcomic designed to exaggerate for humour and an opinion piece on the game. Fox News, rather distorts facts and uses its own 'experts' to proclaim opinion as fact. Big difference there big guy. Nice try though.

Lost In The Void:

killcannon71:
Escapist seems to be becoming the FOX news of game reporting. Sensationalize or Die I guess.

Or its a Webcomic designed to exaggerate for humour and an opinion piece on the game. Fox News, rather distorts facts and uses its own 'experts' to proclaim opinion as fact. Big difference there big guy. Nice try though.

He's not talking about the comic, he means the original news article this comic is based upon.

The words "better than 71" came from shitty sensationalism in the article, not from Bilson itself. Reading the actual quotes Bilson only said Games are art -> you can't "score" art with a number" he never said his game would be better than 71 nor did he mention the reviews were wrong about his game.

The whole fundation of this comic came from words Andy Chalk put in Gibsons mouth.

noogai18:
Metacritic uses an oddball scoring system, right? And a 71 is closer to an actual 80?

That said, I didn't play Homefront, and it kind of sounds like an extended MW2 Ranger campaign, and I didn't particularly care for MW2.

I thought it was more like "Homefront: It has 80% more airport level then Modern Warfare 2", and I liked MW2 but that was specifically because of the co-op. Seriously, what happened to co-op, it's all about the online bullshit now.

Ummm.... isn't 71 a pretty good score? I mean 70 is what I'd give a game if it was good but not great.

In my opinion 50 means it's a decent game, entertaining without lasting an extended to or standing out in it's genre.

Soooo my 71's basically mean a really good game with a few core flaws and some interesting features that help it stand out a bit. It's likely replayable but lacks artistic weight.

I don't get other people's scores.
Now 31? That's a bad game.

i

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook