Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Nice format, this i will be watching.

Eric the Orange:
If I had to guess, sense it's not on the new vid scroller, that more likely this is a replacement for Creature Caster Master,

Your guess would be incorrect sir. ;) http://jimtopia.tumblr.com/post/5158616949/creature-caster-masters-status

More on-topic, I'm glad to see you guys did end up getting picked up by The Escapist, you really took a lot of time with your series and it shows, I'll definitely be checking these out, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

how is it, that the quality of some escapist videos is so much lower than those of others? i mean, how cheesy can you get? please, stop trying to be college humour, WHICH TOO SUCKS 9/10, and do the things you do best. you're not actors at any rate. actually all of your episodes with real people acting are absolutely atrocious.

Well, I don't know if this will be good or not, but the RPG-guy seems fun.

intriguing. the acting is..painful, but im looking forward to where they go with this

RPG master is a boss.
Seriously liked this, do it again!

looks really good. i didnt expect it to be this interesting.

I'm liking it. One of the better shows to have come out of the escapist in a while. Glad this one made it past the pilot contest last year.

vivster:
now you've done it
i thought to myself... that looks weird let's check it out next week
but then the very last bit... the rpg master badmouthing FF13?
totally destroyed the illusion

Are you implying that the Master of RPG's should be liking the horrible game that is FF13? Any RPG-fan can see how that game was utterly rubbish :S

OT: I have mixed feelings about this show right now, so we'll see where this goes :D

The random throwawy scenes, and the stuff in the credits, were genuinely funny, whereas the humour of the main story seemed somewhat forced. Perhaps a little more of the former, and this show could be damn well worth watching.

I was skeptical at first, but the more I watched the more it...drew me in...I laughed at parts which was nice :D

Its looks very good, Cant wait to see more.

Going to show not all pilots have to be disasters, I can't wait for more and to talk to those characters more.

why is she wearing those ridiculous gloves

This wasn't hilarious but it seems like it could be good if given some time to develop and I did actually laugh at several points in the video (which is more than I can say for some other shows we've had here on the Escapist). I look forward to episode 2.

I'd find the concept sound were it not just a tweaking of existing videogame-saluting shows. All this really does is reference and stand on the shoulders of video games without being anything particularly unique and interesting.

Given the documentary, I was hoping for a really interesting documentary.

itf cho:
Is it just me, or does the lady who played FPS look like she could be Graham Stark's (of LRR) little sister...

His little sister looks different. Or was that Kathleen's little sister? Its like 3 episodes back on phailhaus.

Adventure master was clearly the best because he has a crown.

Acting is a bit stilted.

It reminds me a little of Doomsday Arcade. I'll with-hold judgement, but I'm not overwhelmed

Could be fun, will keep my eye out for this...

i'm likin' the retro-master, guys got character

Ashoten:
I like where this is going

Like wise

I Like where this is going. So,if the regal looking guy is the RPG master, who's the JRPG master?

stinkychops:
Acting is a bit stilted.

It reminds me a little of Doomsday Arcade. I'll with-hold judgement, but I'm not overwhelmed

That's why I liked it.

Paul Hearding:
Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

Pro-gamer Gauntlet is a business that employs 11 elite gamers, each a master of a different genre. What does this business do? Well, simply put, they are personal trainers...for gamers.

Watch Video

Hmm....Curious. From seeing this,I say you guys got a bright future here. Heh. Good point. Who DOES read it anymore?

I'll b ehonest, It's pretty funny and I'm looking forward to more.
The acting could use some work and the comedy plot-wise seems strained but over all this was only a pilot, so I'm hopin' things will improve!

Awesome, I remember this from the contest, looking forward to more!

Kavachi:

vivster:
now you've done it

Are you implying that the Master of RPG's should be liking the horrible game that is FF13? Any RPG-fan can see how that game was utterly rubbish :S

OT: I have mixed feelings about this show right now, so we'll see where this goes :D

i am saying that a neutral gamer will see the merits of the game that stand out against many other games
while trolls will pretty much repeat what every other troll is trolling since the release of the game

you know what's utterly rubbish?
to call a game with a score of 85% from 59 different reviews utterly rubbish
a game that is being praised by several well established western reviewers
yeah but why the hell care about stuff that professionals tell you
it's much easier to copy and paste what any troll on this planet already said

god i love this earth

"It Never Should Have Happened. But here we are...Screwed"

vivster:

Kavachi:

vivster:
now you've done it

i am saying that a neutral gamer will see the merits of the game that stand out against many other games
while trolls will pretty much repeat what every other troll is trolling since the release of the game

god i love this earth

It wouldn't be a huge stretch to assume an "RPG" master is a "hardcore" gamer.

FF13 is like a casual FF game. Just because a game is rated well, doesn't mean a 'hardcore' player would like it. The assumption that a hardcore gamer could be neutral is laughable.

The fact you would take this trivial issue as a reason to hate the entire planet indicates to me that YOU are not neutral. I'd go as far as to suggest fanboyism, but I better not.

GamerMage:

stinkychops:
Acting is a bit stilted.

That's why I liked it.

The Doomsday Arcade nostalgia or the stilted acting? :P

stinkychops:

vivster:

Kavachi:

god i love this earth

FF13 is like a casual FF game. Just because a game is rated well, doesn't mean a 'hardcore' player would like it. The assumption that a hardcore gamer could be neutral is laughable.

The fact you would take this trivial issue as a reason to hate the entire planet indicates to me that YOU are not neutral. I'd go as far as to suggest fanboyism, but I better not.

i really hope you're just trolling with this
the fact alone that you divide between hardcore and casual rpgs is ridiculous

and then your last sentence?
who said i'm hating all people because of this single comment?
my hate for all people goes way back
things like that stupidity just keep piling up and reminding me of the misery
and thanks to you i won't forget about it today either

i love this earth

vivster:

stinkychops:

vivster:

god i love this earth

i really hope you're just trolling with this
the fact alone that you divide between hardcore and casual rpgs is ridiculous

and then your last sentence?
who said i'm hating all people because of this single comment?
my hate for all people goes way back
things like that stupidity just keep piling up and reminding me of the misery
and thanks to you i won't forget about it today either

i love this earth

You have such a hard life.

People forming opinions that differ to your own? WHAT IDIOTS!

I'm glad that variety isn't the spice of life.

On a non-sarcastic note, I've always found that misanthropy was a sign of immaturity and lack of perspective. Theres this great theory called "the least assholes theory". Basically, you assume the right perspective on a situation is the one with the least assholes in it. Are you the problem or is EVERYONE else?

I enjoy the fact that you didn;t actually comment on anything I wrote, and just called me a troll and insinuated that I'm an idiot. Mad props for that attempt at weasling bro.

Are you honestly telling me that there aren't separate hardcore and casual gaming demographics within RPGs?

Paul Hearding:
To make it clear for everyone: We will be releasing our first four episodes here next week and many of the issues that you are bringing up have since been addressed.

We have definitely addressed the Lara Croft costume "issue." It's actually a part of her character development. So, you'll see what's in store and that costume does change by episode 3.

Thanks for the feedback so far. It's what helps us make the show better. We are glad to be here on the Escapist and we look forward to producing the best video series that we can.

awesome to see PGG on the Escapist but I thought you guys and Screwattack had some kind of a deal or something(the first four episodes are there at least)

anyways love the series RPG is probably my favorite couse he's an unpredictable deuchbag. he's the character I love to hate and the series itself remins me of the office in a way

vivster:

Kavachi:

vivster:
now you've done it

god i love this earth

It smells like fanboys in here.....

Also, most reviews should not be trusted, because it is hard to stay objective when you want to keep your job without many game studios out for your blood. Also, implying game reviewers are "proffesional". There are almost no proffesional reviewers, and any gamer can review. Also, with trolls you might be refering to the actual gamers that played FF13, that are actually not under any pressure to falsely praise a rubbish game because they fear their job.

Just sayin'

Looks good so far.

I enjoy seeing these sorts of things as I don't get to play any games these days.

It is good to see the FPS master being someone different than you would expect.

As an aside, I also remember seeing Counterstrike being used in a story about hostage kidnapping in Iraq down to the "the hostage has been rescued" and this was on the government broadcaster you would not expect to do something like that. Don't know if it is online though.

This was Hilarious

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or