Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: E3 2011

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: E3 2011

An important discovery unleashes turmoil as conspiracy looms in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Watch Video

I really hope the final game doesn't have all the damn outlines on everything you can interact with.

It'd kill any and all form of exploration and discovery if it does.

EDIT: Seems its optional. Good.

From what I could see, the game looked pretty cool. I just hope the final product isn't that dark. I couldn't tell what half of the trailer was trying to show me, it was so dark. The orange wire-frame helps somewhat but, not too much.

I know they're showing the combat heavy stuff because it makes for a great trailer, but its the stealth/non-direct routes I'm hoping they get right...

But either way, here's hoping this does Square some favours. I'm in =]

I understand this was obviously the "action" trailer, but I just hope they haven't cut back on the more conversational aspects of the series.

Shoggoth2588:
From what I could see, the game looked pretty cool. I just hope the final product isn't that dark. I couldn't tell what half of the trailer was trying to show me, it was so dark. The orange wire-frame helps somewhat but, not too much.

I wonder if the game will be following on from the last two as far as the environments are concerned. In both, there was never a single mission set during the day. It did add to the atmosphere and as far as I can remember, they still managed to keep things well lit enough so you actually see. If that's what they're going for here as well, here's hoping they can strike that balance. Or we'll all be running around with the night vision aug active.

Funny, I thought this game was due on 17th June. 26th August the shop says. I was close enough, I guess.

Present and awaiting huge dismal failure followed by gut wrenching disappointment.

Irridium:
I really hope the final game doesn't have all the damn outlines on everything you can interact with.

They said that you can actually turn those off in the options, really shows that they can listen to the little things.

GAAHHHHHHHH

That trailer destroyed my ever hope for the game. I, for one, don't give a shit about graphics, but they did seem sub-par.

Oh, a wall with outlines, I WONDER if it'll be able... oh it did blow up!

Gun fights, really many gun fights!

Fuck this game and fuck Ubisoft for ruining the DE name.

This keeps looking better. I quite like the soundtrack, too.

Looks decent.

Also,the music playing around 40 seconds made me think of Mass Effect...

And that's a good thing.

Irridium:

From what I hear, you can turn it off on the PC. Not sure about consoles. It either depends on difficulty or is a separate option.

Pre-order now? I think I've had this pre-ordered since February...but then again, it was due in March, but then pushed back to June, and now August.

Anyway, can't wait.

Today's video game is brought to you by the color, YELLOW!

Idiotastic:
Looks decent.

And that's a good thing.

Well Mass Effect's music makes me think of Deus Ex...

This trailer quite nicely makes the intro that was leaked seem insignificant now. Which is nice
But as people have said, I really don't like that it's focusing on action. That was never the most fun stuff in DE.
In short:
I wanted orange, but it gave me lemon-lime

oh and we are fighting MJ12 again. Great.

game looks good though, i make an exception to my "it's shit until i have played it" rule.

Gameplay looks cool I guess, but being mostly ignorant of the Deus Ex series I have no idea what the game is suppose to be about.

Mike Laserbeam:

Idiotastic:
Looks decent.

And that's a good thing.

Well Mass Effect's music makes me think of Deus Ex...

This trailer quite nicely makes the intro that was leaked seem insignificant now. Which is nice
But as people have said, I really don't like that it's focusing on action. That was never the most fun stuff in DE.
In short:
I wanted orange, but it gave me lemon-lime

It's a trailer...

Look at MGS trailers... does he peak around corners? Does he sit in a box for 2-3 minutes avoiding detection? Does he drag off a body around a corner to hide in a closet? Does he shimmy under a Camera?

No... it's dialogue and shooting. Action sells in 2 minute trailers, not stealth.

Que "wah wah, nostalgia rage"!

Looks like it is going the Conviction route where stealth means out of your control killing cut scenes and shooting everyone in the face. I don't hold out much hope, for the game, and this trailer certainly doesn't make me want to pre-order.

Also I see no evedense of plyer cntroled skul-gun. Might I sugest agin, a skul-gun for my head. Yesterday in Batery Park, some scum we all know pushes smack for NSF gets jumpy and draws. I take 2 .22's, 1 in flesh, 1 in augs, befor I can get out that dam asalt gun.

If I could kil just by thought, it would be beter. Is it my job to be a human target-practis backstop?

Mike-O:
GAAHHHHHHHH

That trailer destroyed my ever hope for the game. I, for one, don't give a shit about graphics, but they did seem sub-par.

The Outlines are only on Easy Mode and even then on Easy Mode they can be turned off in Options.

The game has three different approaches, Hostile/Stealth/Explorative, only Hostile is shown in this video, but there has been another video that was about 30 minutes long that showed all three different approaches to a single mission, which was 'Get inside this bulding'

OT: I'm quite looking forward to this game, I was born at the wrong time to actually enjoy the original, so I don't really have any expectations for it, or have any nostalgia, this trailer just increases how much I am looking forward to this game.

There are some kneejerk reactions here. Other trailers clearly show that the stealth/non direct routes are fully possible.

Though i don't think this trailer represented the game very well though. It showed mainly action with a bit of dialogue. No mention of the adaptabilty with augs, varient playstlyes, hacking, the multitude of conversation options and such. I think it's a bit misleading, and certainly doesn't play to the strengths of the series.

That said it did do a good job of setting the tone and asthetic of the game, of which there seems to be a clear direction. Look at the art style, outfits, newsreels and stuff found in other screenshots of the game; there is a clear asthetic going on, they've thought about more than just graphics. Like the Witcher and Stalker games Deus Ex really nails asthetic well.

"This discovery...is big."

I laughed so hard.

Wait ... does that guy have shades BOLTED to the side of his head.

Sign me up. I'm always losing mine.

Why is it so yellowish-brown?
Remember how the firs game had more then three colours? What's the point of making hi-def textures and then covering them with a brown filter? This baffles me.

Irridium:

actually they said that it's optional... it was even a major announcement with it's own video...<.<

I always Knew FEMA had to be evil or stupid to fuck up relief effort so frequently

lowkey_jotunn:
Wait ... does that guy have shades BOLTED to the side of his head.

Sign me up. I'm always losing mine.

well those add HUD overlays for his robot eyes and they retract into those bits at the corners

oh enough trailers and just let us try it out for ourselves! :]

I didn't really care for this trailer, but then again it's just a trailer. Hopefully the actual game will be better than what I just saw. I particularly disliked how at 1:14 the guy literally slides in a kneeling position. It hurt my eyes to look at that. I'll wait for reviews, but at the moment I'm not holding my breath over this being anything above mediocre chatty/shootty-fest. The animation was stiff and everyone looked like big blocks of plastic, but...again...it's just a trailer.

Do want. The only problem I had with the first Deus Ex was the way that if felt unnatural to be sneaking along in first person, and having to keep poking my head around barrels while crouched. I'm digging how it switches to third person, which (IMO) helps to make a better stealth game.

Awesome.

Adapted for the console generation. Say goodbye to puzzle solving or/and inventory management.

Dustpan:

Adapted for the console generation. Say goodbye to puzzle solving or/and inventory management.

Probably, but maybe this will be the game that has guts enough to break the rules of dumbing-it-down for the consoles? Heck, if they are bringing Witcher 2 over to the consoles, maybe the console crowds are ready for a challenging sci-fi game? And, no, I don't think there's anything particularly challenging about ME, and even less so with the sequel.

Still not liking what I see.

It looks like a bad-ass action based FPS with objectives that aren't shooting people so far.

Perhaps their just not selling the other gameplay elements but this really looks like Call of Duty Future warfare.

Each time they release more footage they release an even more ridiculous Augmentation, how the hell does the ground pound work without tearing his mechanical parts from his remaining muscle? And why would it be useful outside of certain situations? do they now teach their agents by playing 'The floor is lava' everyday so they remember to climb on everything?

Final thought, this is a prequel so the game has to come into line for the original title, at this rate I can't see why they would be decommissioning cyborgs for Nano-soldiers as the Dentons look hopelessly out gunned (aside from the whole model citizen AI in the skull thing).

Mike-O:
GAAHHHHHHHH

Over-reacting much? Just turn it off in the options menu.

OT: I never got around to playing the first game, but I hear the game's supposed to be great. So since this one sounds like, and looks like, it's gonna be great i might have to pick it up some day.

GuiltBlade:
Still not liking what I see.

It looks like a bad-ass action based FPS with objectives that aren't shooting people so far.

Perhaps their just not selling the other gameplay elements but this really looks like Call of Duty Future warfare.

Each time they release more footage they release an even more ridiculous Augmentation, how the hell does the ground pound work without tearing his mechanical parts from his remaining muscle? And why would it be useful outside of certain situations? do they now teach their agents by playing 'The floor is lava' everyday so they remember to climb on everything?

Final thought, this is a prequel so the game has to come into line for the original title, at this rate I can't see why they would be decommissioning cyborgs for Nano-soldiers as the Dentons look hopelessly out gunned (aside from the whole model citizen AI in the skull thing).

No offense, but did you play the first one? I think everyone forgets how silly that game was, karkian's, greasels and aliens were almost immersion breaking for me. Nothing in Deus Ex HR looks ridiculous compared to the first one and IW. The 'ground pound' thing? I think its called the Icarus Landing System and employs a shock absorber to reduce the impact of long falls. Being able to land from very high falls would be very useful.
As for the whole 'the prequel is more futuristic than the original', its intentional , the first DE was how they imagined the future, things like flat screen tv's werent featured in the game for example, and the cyborgs were big clunking monsters. DE:HR is trying to imagine the future in a more contempory view point, which is why it looks a great deal more futuristic than the original and i think it makes a great deal more sense.

frederichvon:

No offense, but did you play the first one? I think everyone forgets how silly that game was, karkian's, greasels and aliens were almost immersion breaking for me. Nothing in Deus Ex HR looks ridiculous compared to the first one and IW. The 'ground pound' thing? I think its called the Icarus Landing System and employs a shock absorber to reduce the impact of long falls. Being able to land from very high falls would be very useful.
As for the whole 'the prequel is more futuristic than the original', its intentional , the first DE was how they imagined the future, things like flat screen tv's werent featured in the game for example, and the cyborgs were big clunking monsters. DE:HR is trying to imagine the future in a more contempory view point, which is why it looks a great deal more futuristic than the original and i think it makes a great deal more sense.

I understand that its the style and views from both a different team as well as a different period.

And yes Deus Ex is incredibly dated, so it is in need of some revamping (cyborgs especially with their strange blue metal augments).

I'm not sure where it ties into anything in DE, unless the evil cooperation/illuminati (probably) is developing its nanotech/perfect race plans in which case this will just turn into the same damned arguments and plots covered in Invisible war about destiny, free will and whats best for people.

I prefer this game if I look at it as its own unique title rather than part of DE.
The tone seems different, the stylisation is definitely different, plot that we've been shown is ridiculously wacky while its predecessors has wacky elements (like JC's ice fortress, the over-abundance of mad men with power) but the plot was reasonably sound and you can follow its logic.

It's not that I hate what I see. Its looks great, gameplay could be very interesting (although I would like to see more of things other than explosions and murder), plot I'll leave out to hang. But this looks like Square's take on the near future, not DE.

EDIT: Just went and found the 3 paths video, very action heavy in adaptive as well as in aggressive.

Stealth didn't look too bad, although I hope they don't rely on those instant take down cutscenes. A couple of gameplay trailers showed small environments with ridiculously stupid AI though, hopefully that's just demo material.

I think adaptive needs a lot of work, as it stands it looks like aggressive but with tech instead of guns.

Aggressive looks great for killing lots of people, and perhaps that's the new focus but as thief showed, its a poor agent/thief who kills everyone on their path to the objective.

I think the most likely flaw will be balancing, 1 trailer shows a fight with a large mech and the only option they showed was to blow it up with rockets. It needs to avoid the same mistake Alpha Protocol made.

Mike-O:
GAAHHHHHHHH

Pssst. Its Square Enix, not Ubisoft.

Just so you know

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook