Miracle of Sound: Little Sister (BioShock)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

My new favorite from you. You do wonderful work, Miracle.

I expected this to be a play on "White Wedding" for some reason.. Maybe just the name of the song.

Foxblade618:
Miracle of Sound,

Is there anything you have set up for me to purchase you music, via Amazon or iTunes or something? I would like to know how to support this constant flow of great tunes financially.

Devil's Due:

Foxblade618:
Miracle of Sound,

Is there anything you have set up for me to purchase you music, via Amazon or iTunes or something? I would like to know how to support this constant flow of great tunes financially.

Don't stop, you have become my favorite feature on the Escapist.

I myself am wondering this as well,

Yep:

miracleofsound.bandcamp.com, or just do a search for me on Itunes :)

SFR:
I liked this song. The subject matter contradicted the tempo, which was cool. I just wish you'd stop having this "multiple" singer approach to every refrain. It's seems every song you've done so far has at least a decent sized portion of it containing your voice and someone else's (or your voice twice). It's a cool sound, but it makes the songs all sound sort of similar. Frankly, I wish you'd do more thinks like Sweet LA, where you really put some soul into your voice. A complex, rich vocal melody with emotion, showing your true talent as a singer, not just a song writer.

It is not another singer, it is a technique called multi-tracking, where you sing the line two-three times to make the sound bigger and stronger. The reason I do it is because, well... I like the way it sounds.

It also adds dynamic to a song. If you listen to the intro, it's just a lone voice, then the layers come in when the music begins to build, then they drop out again for the first chorus and at the end of the song.

If it's not to your taste I'm totally cool with that, but it's not something that's likely to change in my songs, unless the genre/style fits it.

That does it, i'm gonna become a premium member. It's a sign of appreciation for all the good work you guys and girls at the Escapist do for the gaming community.
Also, nice singing.

This has been a long time coming; a perfect homage to one of the greatest games ever made. Great job, MiracleOfSound.

Loved this one, awesome gong, but I still love Wasteland Soul the most. Listened to that one like 30,000 times and know all the lyrics off by heart. Good job, now, would you kindly do another.

Incredible! Awaiting the iTunes release. You guys have earned my cash.

Currently 404'd, just a FYI :(

This song is great to play along to, Even though I'm having the usual trouble with the B maj, but I'm using the one on the 7th fret which works well enough.
Very catchy song, I've listened to it about 10 times today..

The nefarious nephews of the Great Tzarkhans of the Patriarchal Empire of Tzzrzrzrzrzrzrricaca is convulsing mildly from the music copulation that entered their corkscrew shaped earlobes when they heard this song. Those with the rare case of Bearditis even proclaimed mightily to the Fourty Sky Dieties; "Beard the fuck on, sir!". This has never happen before.

You won't get that kind of review on the Times.

(It's a great song, is what I'm saying =D)

Herrsunk:
The nefarious nephews of the Great Tzarkhans of the Patriarchal Empire of Tzzrzrzrzrzrzrricaca is convulsing mildly from the music copulation that entered their corkscrew shaped earlobes when they heard this song. Those with the rare case of Bearditis even proclaimed mightily to the Fourty Sky Dieties; "Beard the fuck on, sir!". This has never happen before.

Are you the same guy who made the beard-related epic quote about the Dragon Age song? I love your quotes lol!

Best song yet, haunting and beautiful.

I'll totally buy this on iTunes.

Freaking aweome.. I will buy this as a single.. But if you made a CD like this haunting I would pre-order it today!

Anyone have other recommendations of music that sounds like this?

Gav my friend well done ur best yet!

Cloudwolf616:
Gav my friend well done ur best yet!

Cheers buddy :)

Whytewulf:

Anyone have other recommendations of music that sounds like this?

Try some of the more mellow Nine Inch Nails stuff, tracks La Mer, The Great Below, Beside You In Time, or try some Massive Attack (Mezzanine is an amazing album)

Fantastic. Just fantastic.

Say, is there any way I can purchase this, to both reward you with money and have it on my iPod?

MiracleOfSound:

Herrsunk:

Are you the same guy who made the beard-related epic quote about the Dragon Age song? I love your quotes lol!

Yeep, that was me (also on other songs of yours, ha!). It's a way to spice up the endless adoration/criticism you get from other sources... Or it might just be a wide gateway and window to my imminent, full blown, insanity-cancer.

I haven't decided yet.

I'm always hesitant to listen to videogame-inspired music because they usually end up mentioning mechanics or about how much they liked or didn't like the game. But this song was beautiful. I love that someone without any knowledge of Bioshock can still find the lyrics poetic.

You have a haunting almost Damon Albarny sounding voice in this song

Never played the game but I love this song.

And I can't believe I just discovered MoS... This is so Frakking AWESOME!

I'mma put it out there. I adore all your songs. XD Every single one has something I find amazing. You constantly give me a new favourite song for the week. :)

This one actually made me go and get my copy of BioShock out and start playing again. X3 You get mega hugs from me!!! *hugs*

Considering the original games, I am extremely surprised how calming this song is. Well done!

Oi, Miracle of Sound(wave), would you kindly make a crap song for a change? Whenever I manage to get one of your songs out of my head, you release *another* one! I've been unable to listen to anyone else for months now. I miss the rest of my music!

Although, saying that, your stuff is magnificent. I don't need other music.

Reynaert:
That does it, i'm gonna become a premium member. It's a sign of appreciation for all the good work you guys and girls at the Escapist do for the gaming community.

Thanks, man. Appreciated.

-R

colostomizer:
Oi, Miracle of Sound(wave), would you kindly make a crap song for a change?

Lol I have made plenty of crap songs in my day, believe me :D

Detective Prince:
I'mma put it out there. I adore all your songs. XD Every single one has something I find amazing. You constantly give me a new favourite song for the week. :)

This one actually made me go and get my copy of BioShock out and start playing again. X3 You get mega hugs from me!!! *hugs*

Hug back! Thanks :)

Dead_Lee:
You have a haunting almost Damon Albarny sounding voice in this song

Been getting the Damon Albarn thing a lot this week... I think it's because I used a telephone filter effect at the beginning and he uses them a lot in Gorillaz!

My second favourite of your songs, seconds only to sweet LA. On the topic of buying your songs, which do you get more from, itunes or bandcamp?

Awesome song - absolutely loved the slow buildup.

I might have to give Bioshock a try... :)

sethzard:
My second favourite of your songs, seconds only to sweet LA. On the topic of buying your songs, which do you get more from, itunes or bandcamp?

bandcamp!

mikespoff:
Awesome song - absolutely loved the slow buildup.

I might have to give Bioshock a try... :)

Do, it's a great game!

Damn man, you seriously made me miss Rapture.
I will play this on repeat as I start to replay Bioshock.

Pretty cool, but for some reason the refrain reminds me of another song.
I can't really place it, but I know it from somewhere. Especially the "Broken Machinery" part.

I wish I remember where I recognise it from...

But I do get that a lot with several of your songs.
You seem to put a kind of a vibe into the songs that reminds me of other artists.

JenSeven:
Pretty cool, but for some reason the refrain reminds me of another song.
I can't really place it, but I know it from somewhere. Especially the "Broken Machinery" part.

I wish I remember where I recognise it from...

But I do get that a lot with several of your songs.
You seem to put a kind of a vibe into the songs that reminds me of other artists.

Happens me every time I listen to any music... there are only 12 notes, some songs are bound to sound similar.

To be honest when I heard the first few seconds I thought I wasn't going to like this one as much, but by the chorus (oh the beauty of that chorus) I was already pulling up iTunes to see if you had released it there yet. Speaking of, can you please tell me what the time difference is between you releasing a song here and on iTunes are?

bobtail123:
To be honest when I heard the first few seconds I thought I wasn't going to like this one as much, but by the chorus (oh the beauty of that chorus) I was already pulling up iTunes to see if you had released it there yet. Speaking of, can you please tell me what the time difference is between you releasing a song here and on iTunes are?

Usually the previous song will go up a day or two after the new video, so this one will be out Wed-Fri next week

You know every time I see that you have a new song posted I hesitate clicking on the banner because I'm afraid that it will not be as good as a previous one. Fortunately my fears never come true. Awesome song. Now do one about Warcraft =)

BTW, do you have any plans to sing on stage on one of conventions or gaming expos? Like ComiCon, PAX or Blizzcon? I usually don't go there (what with me living in a different hemisphere and such:)) but if there's a chance to hear you sing live, then I might just pull myself together and endure the 14-hour flight.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here