Doom
Heretic 1 and 2
Hexen 1 and 2
Raptor: Call of Shadows
Duke Nukem
Shadow Warrior
Blood
Populous 3 The Beginning
Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 (i liked DK1 more because of its fast pacing and atmospheric soundtrack but loses point for the Direct Drawn problem that doesnt let you have more stuff on the map than it should)
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
MDK 1 and 2
Heroes 3 of Might And Magic
Sacrifice
Messiah
Requiem The Avenging Angel
Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen (by Silicon Knights, yes, there was a time when they did good games)
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance

all of them made in and before 2003, where the golden age ended (as far i can remember). But i still have the free games to download games like:
IJI
Cave Story
Minecraft
Soldat
Hero Core
The Binding of Isaac (not free but from Steam and deserves a good recommendation)

I cant die happily that at least no more good games will be made after me :D

I must be a complete jerk then. Every time I play halflife 2, during the bit after you put the suit on I end up stacking boxes together, stealing microscopes and throwing them in NPC's faces, and just generally trying to make an ass out of myself and get in places I shouldn't while causing as much chaos as possible. It wasn't until you mentioned it, but that really is something I loved about older games: I could act like a raving lunatic and watch just imagine the NPC's try their hardest to ignore my insanity.

One of the funniest moments I've ever experienced in gaming happened randomly when playing the original Deus Ex. I had just gotten finished whooping Walton Simons, and he had fallen over, screaming but otherwise dead. As soon as he hit the ground, one of those big, dangerous lizard hybrid-things came over, and began to chomp on his body until it did that awkward explode-into-tiny-giblets routine.

I was speechless and was never able to recreate that again. I wished I'd recorded it.

"Who's thirsty!" is pretty funny but I think you could do one better:

Have Adam use his bust through the wall aug and say "OOOHHH YEEAAAH!" :P

This pretty much explains why I read your articles and watch your videos. You get it. Have you investigated cloning?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here