Goodbye is Still Goodbye

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Fair well sir. I shall toast you with my heartiest wine.

Live Long and Prosper

Good luck and godspeed Mr. Pitts!

This is the Pitts...

This almost seems like the Butt of a bad joke...

I really hope you Arendt just messing with our heads here...

Good luck in all your future endeavors, you'll be missed mate.

I'm not convinced Russ and Steve are actually different people.
I mean, Pitts? Butts? Too much of a coincidence. I'm on to you.

I wish you luck on your future endeavors, anyways.

You've done a great job =]

Russ Pitts:
Goodbye is Still Goodbye

After five years, six Webby Awards, two Streamy nominations, a G.A.N.G. Award nomination, two dozen video series, over 1,000 written articles, hundreds of millions of page views, quadruple digit percentage traffic growth and a Time Magazine "50 Best Websites" mention, I have decided that it is time for me to move on to new adventures.

Read Full Article

I wish you success in whatever your next endeavor may be, and I hope you'll find a moment to keep us all informed so that we could continue to show you support. The Escapist seems like a fantastic staff, and while I personally love to support the collective entity itself, it is only great because of the fantastic individuals staffing it.

Thanks for playing with us, Russ.

Gonna miss you dude.

You've done an excellent job Kane Russ.

I will shed a tear every time I re-watch Doomsday Arcade and see you shouting at Yahtzee. You shall be sorely missed, Master Pitts, but I do wish you the best of luck with whatever you plan to do with your life. I'm sure it will be grand and full of explosions. Or just the first bit. Either way, I hope you'll grant us, the peons that haunt these forums, your noble presence every now and again.

Russ, there is almost nothing I want more right now than to shake your hand. You have done good work here and you are right to be proud. So long Russ.

cyber95:
I'm not convinced Russ and Steve are actually different people.
I mean, Pitts? Butts? Too much of a coincidence. I'm on to you.

Retiloid brain parasites are so predictable when they change hosts.

Hey I helped move you in, and I WON'T help move you out. So, now you have to stay! See!?

*stamps foot*

On a more serious note, Russ you've been a fantastic colleague to work with and have truly taken the magazine in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible when we started The Escapist. It will not be the same without you and you will be missed. Whatever you do in the future, one thing that's certain is that you will be fantastic at it. I and my fellow Escapist staff members salute you.

/fingergun salute

Good luck and Godspeed.

Farewell, Russ- all of luck to you in your future endeavors. Does this mean a return of the Game 'stache?

Goodbye and good luck.

I wish you the best, Mr. Pitts. Thanks for all you've done here and good luck for whatever the future holds. :D

Godspeed you magnificent bald bastard. Best of luck in whatever you find yourself doing next!

Best of luck!
It was great having you here.

Farewell, Russ.
I wish you well in whatever you decide to do next.

So long, Russ. You've done well and this site wouldn't be what it is (or was at some point) without ya. Good luck in future endeavours.

I am still extremely mad about the Black Ops review, though. Grr...

In the words of GLaDOS: "Goodbye, sir."

So long and thanks for all the fish...

Russ Pitts:
Goodbye is Still Goodbye

After five years, six Webby Awards, two Streamy nominations, a G.A.N.G. Award nomination, two dozen video series, over 1,000 written articles, hundreds of millions of page views, quadruple digit percentage traffic growth and a Time Magazine "50 Best Websites" mention, I have decided that it is time for me to move on to new adventures.

Read Full Article

It will be weird not seeing any more articles by you, and not hearing you in the podcasts.

Good luck in whatever you do in the future. To give the the best send off I can think of, I'll leave that to The Doctor.

Have a fantastic life.

Only the best go, when it's time (see Bill Gates *duck*)

best of luck in your future!

Good luck in your future adventures, you have played well.

Russ, you gave us all so much. You did it for us and not for the money or the fame, although I'm sure you take stock of those boons on the regular. You're a personal hero of mine. You are emulatable. You're a mensch.

Best wishes! Take care of yourself and our gal!

You walk with the love of Saint Waldo.

I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors. I'll sure you will enjoy whatever comes next. No matter how much you love something, every time comes to an end and you will be greatly missed.

Now that that's out of the way:

It wouldn't be a proper Escapist send-off if I didn't say something negative about your style. So please take this as my kindhearted sendoff:

Please stop the /fingergun. It makes you look like a douche.

Good luck!

We'll miss you, Chief. We really will.
Remember to stop by the forums some time and say hi.

Good luck on your journey ahead.

Daystar Clarion:
See you space cowboy.

Bang.

That... is perfect! All I can add to that is good luck in your endeavors.

Goodbye good Sir.

I have enjoyed this mighty fine site very, very much these last few years.
Thanks man.

Hope you have success wherever you go from here.

Good bye good sir.

.. You know, even though I didn't get to experience all the glory years The Escapist went through since I joined late of December- I must say you made my experience here something more then any other website could of done for me. This may be a good bye Russ Pitts.. but in truth it's just the beginning of your new set out career and I shall root for you every step of the way.

There's a difference between just being the Staff running a website and those who reach out to their Members like family.. and you guys, unlike anyone else... are family. Really hurts to see you go, but I know it's for the better. Even in this short time I have got to know you through your work.. it's been incredible. Yes, this is cheesy but I mean it, I promise that I mean it. You're incredible and as an Escapist Member.. I can tell the other Staff Members on here like Susan, Steve, Louis, and so forth shall still continue doing an incredible job. We salute you, Russ Pitts.. please come back to visit us. I'd sure would welcome you even if you're not visiting for long.

It's not much, but here is something..

Best of luck, Russ; you've left some pretty big shoes for Steve to fill.

Catch you on the flip side, boss.

/salute

Good luck to you, good sir.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook