The Big Picture: Out of the Park

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

With the show South Park, I'm not a big fan, but I have an interesting history of the show. I was a toddler when the show was on, and with the colourfulness of the show, I wanted to see it, but my parents wouldn't let me watch it. Then later in my kid to tween years, I'd try to watch the show late at night on Comedy Network (the canadian equivalent of Comedy Central.) I often just watch bits of, so I wouldn't get caught. It wasn't until I was in my early teens that I was able to watch it, I rented the season 9 DVD, I own the movie on DVD, and I even got a kenny doll for christmas.I don't watch it as much anymore, because I don't watch a lot of TV and I can't watch it online for some reason. But I think the reason I enjoyed it was because it was something I wasn't suppose to watch, so with the taboo gone, it's not as interesting. I love this episode, and I was just explaining how much South Park means to me as the animated forbidden fruit.

I don't turn to South Park for my political/ideological views. I watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart for that.

When he turns to the camera and gives the same "are you buying this shit?" smile Dennis Miller once gave before he turned into "because I'm old enough to not care about anyone else" Republican, I feel an urge to smile back and say "no, I'm not buying that shit, either."

That's the extennt of my polticial outlook.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here