Unskippable: Mortal Kombat

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Prince Regent:
Best 13 seconds of my life.

That's what I said! Should be fixed, sorry, having some file server issues lately. :(

Kross:

Prince Regent:

That's what I said! Should be fixed, sorry, having some file server issues lately. :(

It was still broken when I just tried a minute ago.

Definitely worth the wait. And didn't Mortal Kombat always kind of have a plot? I know when you beat the single-player you got an epilogue for your fighter.

runnernda:
Definitely worth the wait. And didn't Mortal Kombat always kind of have a plot? I know when you beat the single-player you got an epilogue for your fighter.

There is a story mode to it, its kind of the culmination of Earth vs. Shao Khan. Wouldn't call it the best explanation to Mortal Kombat, but the story line is decent at best.

I prefer the ending stories after you complete the ladder.

Not gonna lie; I'm intriged! And I'm not a huge fan of MK games. The original 90's movie yes. The original MK game, sure. But beyond that, I became less and less of a fan. Now? I'm interested again!

... I cant believe that game is on the ps3. this intro looked like arse.

chimeracreator:

Kross:

Prince Regent:

It was still broken when I just tried a minute ago.

You may have a bad browser/flash cache if that's the case. I'll try and kick the encoder again though.

Logarithmic Limbo:

Icehearted:
Witty, but short. 13 seconds doesn't go far enough to truly capture the humor I've come to know and love from Unskippable. Tis bold, yes, but my pedestrian mind can't truly come to grips with the potent message being conveyed with such brevity.

Indeed. I can however not overlook the rather amusing dichotomy of "Unskippable" actually "skip" itself, creating a juxtaposition which in itself is mind-bogglingly ironic. Surely this must be a post-structuralist nod worthy of Foucault himself. As you so briefly, a sly wink to the piece itself perhaps, summarized it, witty and bold.

Oh my god I lost it!

oh man I need to pick this game up. gotta find out where they take this story! epicness and relevance shall surely ensue!!

"Oh , Scorpion. You will "Get over here!" into our hearts forever."

"They made a movie of this , and I'm played by Christopher Lambert!"

"Oh wow , the planets are aligning! oh , wait , no , just boobs."

"Kombatants , I am Shang Tusng...SO GET READY TO PARTYYY!" 8D

"...for those who didn't meet him , Chance is our bus driver , remember to tip him on your way out."

wow , never thought you could make a good Unskipable episode out of this. XD

and yeah , calling reboots with the same name of the original in video games is really an annoying trend that needs to die , it's not cool , and makes alot of confusion.

anyway , kudos for a great episode you made this week. ^^

Vanbael:

runnernda:

There is a story mode to it, its kind of the culmination of Earth vs. Shao Khan. Wouldn't call it the best explanation to Mortal Kombat, but the story line is decent at best.

I prefer the ending stories after you complete the ladder.

Yeah, those! The epilogues after the ladder are the ones I meant.

Urgh, Christopher Lambert.

canadamus_prime:

Warachia:

canadamus_prime:
So did Raiden travel back in time or did he send a message back in time to himself?
Also Christopher Lambert as Raiden was awesome! Only problem was they didn't give him enough screen time.

Also I completely agree about the reboot title thing. I mean I hate reboots on principle, but if you must do that at least give it a subtitle or something to distinguish it from the original so as not to confuse the hell out of people.

He just sent a message back to himself to try and change the tournaments outcome.

Which begs to question how he figured that was going to help, 'cause didn't Liu Kang win the original tournament, but then Shao Khan just said "Fuck it, I'm invading anyway."

The part I love about this is that if you end up facing Raiden and use a fatality, then history will just repeat itself and the realms will be doomed.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here