No Right Answer: Best Anime Series Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

pffftt you guys are lame! CLEARLY the best anime of all time is.......(drumroll)

actually thats kind of hard. there is the obvious FullMetal Alchemist - Brotherhood (superior in all ways)....but then Code Geass is quite ballin as well. i just got done with Soul Eater. i really dig that. now im watching Deadman Wonderland and its really cool too.

but if we are talking oldschool kids anime.... TEKNOMAN! better that that fairy pokemon crap. digimon was only slightly better

Booo! Chris was robbed!

And I doubt anyone who watches anime would call either of those "Best Anime Series Ever". -1 Point to the whole team.

Drakmeire:
On anime terms there is only one right answer.
Tegen Toppa Gurran F***ing Lagann.
and yes, there is a rule that you have to drop an F-bomb into the title whenever you say it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Anime. Genre. Have to give you a smack on the hand for that one.

Why are we arguing for something as subjective as "best anime"? Pokemon vs Digimon, guys? I'm gonna go watch me some Gunslinger Girl. And for the record, I don't have a top choice. Gunslinger Girl is pretty damn good though.

I would like the description writer to know that anime is not a genre but a medium. Bit of a difference there since mediums have genres.

So, was any disappointed that there was a Best Anime Series Ever video and there was no mention of:

Code Geass

Death Note

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bokurano

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Because I was very disappointed by their lack of inclusion.

---

btw, Pokemon was not 'untouched'. The episodes may have been the same, but there were a lot of things changed in the actual format. Almost all inclusions of Japanese culture (like, say, rice balls) were changed by 4Kids in their localization, and despite it being, imo, the second most controversial thing in the first season of Pokemon, I'm surprised the episode where Ash and Team Rocket have a gun pulled on them was not mentioned.

... Anyone getting the feeling that this wasn't a very well-thought out episode? They didn't seem to have that much to really talk about and debate in this one, so overall it was a bit disappointing imo.

Thats easy, just go by sales.

Granted I dont have sales figures, but if someoe did, you go by them.

And gus totally should have lost for not finishing his soda chug. or at least lost a point.

Also, my pic would have been Speedgrapher.

admittedly I dont know squat about anime, have only watched a handful of movies, but one series i did watch with my friends was Berserk and it was pretty good. I dont know if it counts as anime but i thought Avatar: the last airbender series was quite good for a more kid oriented series.

ThunderCavalier:
So, was any disappointed that there was a Best Anime Series Ever video and there was no mention of:

Code Geass

Death Note

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bokurano

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Because I was very disappointed by their lack of inclusion.

---

btw, Pokemon was not 'untouched'. The episodes may have been the same, but there were a lot of things changed in the actual format. Almost all inclusions of Japanese culture (like, say, rice balls) were changed by 4Kids in their localization, and despite it being, imo, the second most controversial thing in the first season of Pokemon, I'm surprised the episode where Ash and Team Rocket have a gun pulled on them was not mentioned.

... Anyone getting the feeling that this wasn't a very well-thought out episode? They didn't seem to have that much to really talk about and debate in this one, so overall it was a bit disappointing imo.

id say you missed full metal alchemist and samurai champloo
but other than that, yeah all of those are contenders.

Best 'Mon' show. Let me think.

I've recently finished watching every made season of digimon (plus the one still being made) and I've also started suplementing a few pokemon episodes to my anime time. Naturally I have to note that they have glaring differences in tone.

Pokemon is light-hearted all the freaking time to the point my "fast forward" reflex starts kicking in on a few episodes. While Digimon is dark from start to finish... And gets even darker! To the point that every season almost everything dies either permanently or that the biggest enemy has to be defeated to save the fallen.

In fact, the first part of Digimon Xros Wars; it starts with the main digimon about to die. In the Sencond part (Death Generals) ends with that digimon Dead. Talk about hopeless odds.

Then theres the awsome moments in Digimon:In season 5 the "Hero" Marcus Damon, ends the series by climbing the tallest mountain in Japan and punches a digital god in the face... Like four times or more.

Over in Xros Wars Death Generals, a Team takes on a digimon acsended to godhood by Combining all the digimon in the entire digital world into one form. (right after a gambit to save the main digimon from oblivion by having the combined armies drawing fire long enough for a plan to work)

I remember these and more of Digimon... Pokemon on the other hand? Doesn't seem to have darkness or true awsome moments outside of the games and movies. (at least not the ones I've seen so far.) The closest I can think of to a true awesome moment in the main pokemon anime is when Ash becomes a Pikachu. However I still haven't seen a sample of best wishes so I could be wrong.

Did I mention I like my stories dark? I almost did? Close enough then.

In any case, I've got a cross-over fic about the two to write. I also threw in spectrobes for good measure.

In my opinion One Piece is the best Anime series ever.
1. It's still airing new episode, and it is still the same story progressing and not be made into side stories.
2. As the show progresses it got more and more mature to grow with the audience.
3. The series is supposedly going to be 1000 episodes and One Piece has just reached the halfway point in the Japanese dubbed episodes, and the show still keeps me interested.

And if I was refering to the Funimation Dub and original Japanese Dub of One Piece.

4kids One Piece must be buried forever so no one can ever find it. For all that is holy never air the 4kids version ever again whoever owns 4kids should be ashamed

remoe the word "if"

i get why people are raging about why these 2 anime's were chosen as the topic (personally i think it should have been about cowboy bebop and gurren lagann) but come on these 2 anime's structured a generation of western views on anime as a whole and its great to have them compete against each other (although i think Digimon should have crashed and burned).

also one point that should have come up for pokemon is that it did have some secrets to reveal in season 1 like the bird pokemon in the first episode (which turned out to be hoho). the problem was they just never got around to revealing some of them. and ash never got around to being the very best lols.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here