No Right Answer: No Right Answer Omnibus

Pages PREV 1 2

I love how I can't tell whether or not the book barbecue actually happened.

GOLDENEYE. YES. Marry me, you two.

If I don't learn who won the contest by December 31st, I will sue.

Holy shit, they answered my question. General Ripper refers to General Jack D. Ripper. 8D

It's very noble of you guys to let the viewers cast their questions for you guys to debate on. I do appreciate that and shall keep watching because everyone knows that an honest Escapist who observes these optional debates...
*puts glasses on*
Has no right answer.

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

What is the greatest person, place, or thing ever?
To make sure you don't both give the same answer, I'm not a valid choice.

Zachary Amaranth:
I would totally vote for Kermit, bad Green Party joke aside.

No way, man! Santa Claus all the way!

OT: Let's see, so many possibilities...

Best "Lazor" Beam. i.e. Shinkuu-hadouken, Super Kamehameha, Hyper Beam, etc. As long as it's a big-ass beam of energy and it's fired from somebody's body or handheld device (sorry Hadron collider), it's fair game.

Best Video Game Composer. I nominate Jeremy Soule, Nobuo Uematsu, John Williams (because why the F not?) and Akira Yamaoka, but feel free to have fun with it.

"Best" "celeb-utard".

Most inconsiderate video game hero.

Best voice actor who is "in everything". Pretty much narrows it down to Nolan North, Steve Blum, Patrick Stewart, Maurice LaMarche, Claudia Black, and Jennifer Hale... but you guys are creative and resourceful.

Most irritating/obnoxious meme.

???
Profit.

Oh fans you loveable, if inept, rascals ;D

Stick to your guns, Dan! If the "artists" aren't willing to put in the effort, neither should you.

The Random One:
I love how I can't tell whether or not the book barbecue actually happened.

GOLDENEYE. YES. Marry me, you two.

If I don't learn who won the contest by December 31st, I will sue.

This is probably my favourite episode. A lot of debate, really personal, and some good (and some bad) questions. Please do more of these, and I love that some of the suggestions will get full episodes, some deserve it.

Chris; "what is the best Anime for Dan to watch to change his opinion of Anime?"
Dan "None of them!"

Ohhh hard luck CameraDan, but you're wrong, "none of them" doesn't qualify under the topic of debate.

Chris; "I'll will say Akira"

Nope wrong again
The answer is actually RedLine my friends, RedLine. It makes Akira look like a girl scout.

I prefer Chris's style of debate. He speaks for us, the masses. Chris is a Mass-Debater. *giggle*

Gamecube or Playstation 2?
Super Mario with the best backpack robot ever or the Playstation platformers before they went bad?
Zelda: Wind Waker or Team Ico games?
Pokemon Colosseum and XD or Personas 3 and 4?

NO RIGHT ANSWER

Wrong! GUS is the best debater!

Souplex:
What is the greatest person, place, or thing ever?
To make sure you don't both give the same answer, I'm not a valid choice.

Nor me, the obvious second.

Caramel Frappe:
It's very noble of you guys to let the viewers cast their questions for you guys to debate on. I do appreciate that and shall keep watching because everyone knows that an honest Escapist who observes these optional debates...
*puts glasses on*
Has no right answer.

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I don't get it.

6SteW6:
I prefer Chris's style of debate. He speaks for us, the masses. Chris is a Mass-Debater. *giggle*

No, that means Kyle, debating Chris, who speaks for the masses, would be this legendary "Debater of Mass"

SAXTON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLEEEEEE!!!!!

Perfect Dark is CLEARLY superior to Goldeneye...

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure there was something I wanted to say, but now I've forgotten...

OH WELL.

Zachary Amaranth:

He's British.

He resides in Austrailia, so he's Australian. He may not be a naturalized citizen, but generally, if you ask a person where he lives, and he says Australia, we call that person an Australian regardless or citizenship.

silliest villan, magneto v voldermort

Spartan448:
Best Australian is Yahtzee.

I would agree except for the fact that HE WASN'T BORN HERE, a fact that he is no doubt proud of. oh wait someone already posted that.

Here's an idea for a debate...Which army would beat the other?
The Clone Army with their advanced weapons and battle-walkers or the Locust Horde with their superior strength and brutality.
I'll make a few points myself just to prove this could be talked about.

First, the Clone Army does have technology far beyond what the locust have, blasters and immense firepower from walkers like the AT-TE, but the locust have ways of rendering them both practically useless. The locust can withstand alot of abuse from enemy fire, admittedly they are used to bullets not lasers, but they are very tough to kill regardless. As for the walkers, the locust can just dig massive sinkholes under them or have a Brumak attack them; and besides, the COG have those Centaur tanks which can move faster than most Republic armor and Brumaks can still destroy those.

Second, the locust are stronger than humans. They can rip off a human's arm and beat them to death with it for god's sake...which incidently is a wonderfully violent and satisfying execution EPIC, good work on that.

Third, the locust Kantus have their own 'powers' to fight the Jedi, they can heal other locust and bring them back into the fight. From a psycological standpoint, the clones and the even the Jedi, at first, would probably think the Kantus can raise the dead. Also, the sounds the Kantus makes are very unnatural and disturbing.

Fourth, while the Jedi would be able to deflect the bullets fired at them with their lightsabers, they couldn't reflect the bullets back at the locust like they can with the droids blaster bolts. Yes, a Jedi would still have the force but the force can only help a Jedi for so long.

Anyway those are my points, if any of you have another point to make or if I got something wrong, please let me know.

Try this debate idea on for size:

Best Ridiculous Group of Evil- Evil League of Evil (Dr. Horrible) or Guild of Calamitous Intent (Venture Bros)?

It's so hard to decide!

Let me see what I remember:

Best Pony: Fluttershy is more awesome than either of those two. When the god of chaos is brainwashing everyone with mind games, being able to twist supposed insults into compliments is cheer-worthy. Too bad she breaks due to the fact that the show must go on.

Best Australian: Steve Irwin. He died doing what he loved. How admirable is that?

Recommend Anime: I have never seen Akira, nor do I actually have much desire to see it, to be honest. I have a sinking suspicion that it will be kind of like Evangelion (feel free to correct me on this), which is something I definitely *DO NOT* think would change anyone's mind about anime. In fact, it would probably scare them away for good. The fight scenes are pretty awesome, and there are some likable characters... sort of. Other characters you'll want to bury six feet under with a massive drill for constantly whining about their daddy issues and being so heavy-handed about it (or for being the douchebag father himself).

Hard to recommend anything without knowing a person's tastes, but in a time when I just dipped my feet into the Japanese animated waters, Fullmetal Alchemist had me hooked right from the first episode. Now I'm talking about the 2003 version here. The 2010 version (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) starts out pretty lame but improves a lot around Episode 14 (in other words, once the show's done recapping everything that people who watched the first version should already know in a very rushed pace). Just saying. And if that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.

Luca Blight vs. Kefka (or Sephiroth - whichever FF villain you guys feel best)... who's the most badass JRPG boss?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here