Miracle of Sound: Legends of the Frost featuring Malukah

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Fantastic job, guys. Keep it up, and maybe do more of these!

by god, this song was quite heavenly <3.

MiracleOfSound:

purifico:

No, people don't like Skyrim (well, they do, but that's not my point) - they like you and your songs! So it doesn't really matter what game your next song will be about (please let be something other than Skyrim), as long as it's at least half as good as this one =)

Awesome job, btw. Made me wish I didn't hate Bethesda that much.

Well in the last 8 weeks I've also done songs for ME3, Darkness 2 and Dark Souls... I don't have the money to buy a new game every two weeks I'm afraid!

Do songs inspired by retro games then! :D
I'd like to hear a Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow song :P

OT: Beautiful beyond words

Never heard of your duet partner there, but damn does she have a beautiful singing voice.
Marvellous performance, the both of you! You deserve every cent of income you make on this and then some. :D

I can't say I like it, I don't know why though. I love both Miracle and Malukah so I was expecting to dig this.

Oh well, can't win them all.

That was so worth the wait. Seriously, since you revealed you were doing a duet with Malukah I've been looking out for it each new song. Give her our thanks, would you?

Can we expect more from you both in the future?

TimeLord:

That.....is an awesome idea. I've heard some awesome remixes from Red in the past.

Loved it. Though in my opinion you could have continued the outro for a bit longer. (To be exact, the part where you went "Yee-ee-aa yee-ee-aa") Gave me the chills it did. In a very positive way, mind you! Keep up the good work. :)

Wow, that was... Charmingly gorgeous. Absolutely loved it, a beautiful duet!

That is... just BEAUTIFUL!

I keep on thinking that you have reached perfection and could not go any higher... then pieces like this come along!

Song was ok, it just didn't have the passion or intensity that SOVENGARDE SONG had.

More Skyrim please. That was beautiful. :)

Just when I was thinking someone should do a song with Dragon Tongue, this song pops up on the site. Great work, guys.

Beauty, beauty, beauty. I absolutely love this song, your voices work beautifully together. This feels like it should be the opening song to some ritual night where the (town, clan, band of heroes, whatever) gather together and sing those epic tales before a roaring fire, with plenty of mead to ease the throats of the gathered throng. As the fire burns bright, tales of strength, cunning, skill and luck ring triumphant. As the embers slowly fade in the gray light of dawn, tragic losses are mourned and the crowd slowly wander home, tired (and likely drunk) but having fulfilled their duty to remember the grand histories entrusted to them.

... o.0 Sorry, good music hits my 'descriptive fluff overload' button.

Malukah, I've listened to your Dragonborn song on youtube easily 50 times now. THIS was a treat and a surprise. <3

I was a bit worried because I didn't really like Malukah's version of Dragonborn comes (well, that's not really fair, there were only certain bits I didn't like, like the layered vocals) but this was really great.

TimeLord:

MiracleOfSound:

purifico:

No, people don't like Skyrim (well, they do, but that's not my point) - they like you and your songs! So it doesn't really matter what game your next song will be about (please let be something other than Skyrim), as long as it's at least half as good as this one =)

Awesome job, btw. Made me wish I didn't hate Bethesda that much.

Well in the last 8 weeks I've also done songs for ME3, Darkness 2 and Dark Souls... I don't have the money to buy a new game every two weeks I'm afraid!

OT: Beautiful beyond words

Actually you make a great point. Some MegaMan rock would be pretty bitchin! Zelda, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, hell even Mario.

MiracleOfSound:
featuring Malukah

By the way : any plans for future cooperation with other singers/musicians ?

Really enjoyed this one, beautiful voices and very well put together. Hope there will be some more collaborations between you two! ^_^

You two should start a band and call it Miraluka. (Haaaaaaa.)

I really liked this song. My only complaint is that just as I had really gotten into it, it was suddenly over. Made me sad. (But I can always play the Dragonish part over and over when I'm done listening to the song!)

Zhukov:
Huh.

I was about to roll my eyes and mutter something about yet another Skyrim song

By Dibella and the stinking armpits of the giants, there is no such thing as to many Skyrim songs.

Wow, Gavin is an attractive man.

Seriously, is there any other way besides iTunes I can get this song?
I really REALLY love it, but I just can't stand iTunes :(

Ranorak:

Bandcamp. Spotify and Zune :)

LarenzoAOG:
Wow, Gavin is an attractive man.

Blush

Rastelin:

By Dibella and the stinking armpits of the giants, there is no such thing as to many Skyrim songs.

I agree!

Razzigyrl:
Beauty, beauty, beauty. I absolutely love this song, your voices work beautifully together. This feels like it should be the opening song to some ritual night where the (town, clan, band of heroes, whatever) gather together and sing those epic tales before a roaring fire, with plenty of mead to ease the throats of the gathered throng. As the fire burns bright, tales of strength, cunning, skill and luck ring triumphant. As the embers slowly fade in the gray light of dawn, tragic losses are mourned and the crowd slowly wander home, tired (and likely drunk) but having fulfilled their duty to remember the grand histories entrusted to them.

... o.0 Sorry, good music hits my 'descriptive fluff overload' button.

That was awesome to read. I love knowing the songs put such strong images into peoples' minds :)

MiracleOfSound:

Ranorak:

Bought it, and love it!

I don't know if it means anything to you, but you're on my mp3 player now, surrounded by Iron Maiden, Metallica and other legends of old!

Ranorak:

MiracleOfSound:

Ranorak:

Bought it, and love it!

I don't know if it means anything to you, but you're on my mp3 player now, surrounded by Iron Maiden, Metallica and other legends of old!

Those are some of my fave bands right there so yeah, that's very cool :)

Rastelin:

Zhukov:
Huh.

I was about to roll my eyes and mutter something about yet another Skyrim song

That. Seconded.

Also Gav, you must do more stuff with this Malukah person. That was fucking incredible. I'm off to youtube to listen to everything I can find her on there singing.

Keep up the good work! Props man.

It's... just... beautiful. Words cannot describe it.
And the only bad thing about this song is that it's too short! As I enter in ecstatic trance to my nirvana full of happiness and harmony it's always a really saddening moment when the song ends and I'm in real world again.

Gav, I can't help but wonder, what do these lines refer to?
"Savage sister mighty maiden.
Brother strong warrior brave."
Do they represent (your) playable characters or something else?

Either way, great song. Keep up the good work.
Is there any chance you'll ever do a Witcher song? I'm not sure if you are a PC gamer but the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is coming out for Xbox360 soon. And I can personally tell you that the game is absolutely amazing.

amazing song. i especially like the part in dragontongue that you sing, gavin (no offense to malukah, but it justs sounds very powerful)

between this, nord mead, sons of the snow and khajit like to sneak you've kept me playing skyrim for months now.

Now I'm not going to do anything crazy like accuse doctoring or auto-tune or anything, but those shots of the two of you singing... the actual singing is just dubbed over that right, and not recorded there and then?

Because otherwise Malukah's part ghost.

Jynthor:
Gav, I can't help but wonder, what do these lines refer to?
"Savage sister mighty maiden.
Brother strong warrior brave."
Do they represent (your) playable characters or something else?

Either way, great song. Keep up the good work.
Is there any chance you'll ever do a Witcher song? I'm not sure if you are a PC gamer but the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is coming out for Xbox360 soon. And I can personally tell you that the game is absolutely amazing.

RE: Lyrics

They're about the Nord heroes that the bards in the song sing about... while also implying that myself and Malu are doing the same thing through this very song. It's a little bit meta... kind of!

RE: Witcher: When it comes out on 360 I'm all over that game!

Amarok:
Now I'm not going to do anything crazy like accuse doctoring or auto-tune or anything, but those shots of the two of you singing... the actual singing is just dubbed over that right, and not recorded there and then?

Because otherwise Malukah's part ghost.

Yep, every music video in history ever is done that way and this is no exception :D Although I was genuinely singing my part for the vid - just that particular take is not on the finished song.

Would be great without so many effects on the voices. It kinda doesn't fit with epic fantasy songs for me. A natural version would be great.

Reverb/echo = bad.

Cool song tho.

Will this be on Level 2? There will be a Level 2, right? I bought Level 1 a few weeks ago off your bandcamp thingy, and I've been playing the whole thing through to myself at least once a day since, but I'm pretty skint so can't afford to buy each individual song as it's released... sorry...

That was pretty dang awesome!
I'd be jealous of your talent if you didn't share it with us like you do.
Keep rocking on!

P.S. Actually still a lil jealous

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook