Zero Punctuation: Prototype 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

I'm guessing that Yatzee will put this game in his Top 5 for 2012, which would be nice because (according to The Jimquisition) Prototype 2 didn't do very well in the first 2 weeks compared to last year's April releases.

Granted, November 2010 didn't have a batch of hyped-up releases like November 2011, and people still play Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 en masse.

Overall I think the Prototype 2 is an improvement over the first. The story is pretty flat and one note like a summer action movie, though Mercer's sudden shift to moustache twirling villain bent on world domination (of course!) was a little jarring for me. But then the original game wasn't that great and paced very poorly too. But the the important part is the gameplay which is much improved over the original. Combat is much more fun and every power has a use, dodging is easier and you can do context sensitive special moves to do extra damage. Targeting can still be troublesome when things get really hectic but it never got me killed as much as in the first game.

As somebody thats lived in liverpool for all his life, I loved the "perhaps liverpool" comment.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Prototype 2

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Prototype 2.

Watch Video

Just had to pop in and say: best one in ages. I've actually had to pause and take a break to collect myself thanks to the graphic of Stalin consigning his rubber ducky to the gulag; was literally(actually, not in the way those annoying cockmuncher teen girls in America mean it, ie, "metaphorically") crying with laughter.

Okay so wait.. am I understanding it right that Prototype 2 has NO gods-damned races? I may have to buy this game just to show support for removing that unwanted "challenge" trash from a sandbox game!

Thank gods SR 3 doesn't appear to have those... at least I don't remember doing any.

Katya Topolkaraeva:
No surprise here. It's an open sandbox game so, no matter the quality Yhatzee will love it. Just as he will hate any very prescripted linear game no matter its quality (ie Uncharted 2, 3)

Except he doesn't, and has actively given positive comments to linear games such as Psychonauts, Portal, and the Sands of Time trilogy. And if memory serves me, he ripped into GTA4 pretty good, too.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here