Blue Rose of Illium

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

That was pretty sweet, in multiple meanings of the word. It is kind of disappointing when they sum up a character's involvement in the story in just a quick blurb. Like how Zaeed just kind of got wrecked with nothing you can do about it.

Other characters, I just enjoy when I see a conversation with them again. I missed Wrex, I really did. And when you have a scene with Garrus and Wrex shooting the shit or throwing friendly insults, perfection.

I guess they had limited time fitting in minor characters when they spend so much of it trying to make you feel bad for that ONE child that died. Because there totally weren't other people that died or anything....or planets.....but man ONE human child? Harsh stuff. I mean yeah it's kinda cool having dreams where you are hearing the voices of those lost and that Sheperd feels bad about it, but the focus on random child seems preachy somehow (and he probably would have survived if he came out of the damn vent). Mind, I understand Paragon Sheperd probably being all reminiscent and self berating..........but wouldn't Renegade Sheperd kind of give less of a crap? Hmm...

That was damn good. Great artwork, great story. Seems on par with the official comics. Thanks for this.

There are tons of little stories littered around. I would love to see them made into more of these comics. The Mass Effect series did a great job creating a world. A interconnected narrative with all these little tid bits and interplay behind the scenes.

It's indeed sad that a great game ends so incredibly poorly. Maybe that's why everyone focusses on that. If you are served a 5 star meal and the chef comes over at the end and craps on your plate. Guess what you are going to talk about.

1337mokro:
There are tons of little stories littered around. I would love to see them made into more of these comics. The Mass Effect series did a great job creating a world. A interconnected narrative with all these little tid bits and interplay behind the scenes.

It's indeed sad that a great game ends so incredibly poorly. Maybe that's why everyone focusses on that. If you are served a 5 star meal and the chef comes over at the end and craps on your plate. Guess what you are going to talk about.

This, unfortunately. So much awesome in ME3 but when the last thing you see in the game is that ending... well.

That being said, the writing that went into this comic was far truer to the spirit of Mass Effect, far more poignant and far more enjoyable than the ending of ME3. It hit every note near perfectly, and if EA/Bioware was smart they would find some way to make this canon - this is how Charr went out. And a pregnant Ereba left the Citadel before it was destroyed to grieve, survived and managed to choose one of the places in the galaxy that survived the Reapers. (That place to be visited in future Mass Effect games, assuming they go into the future of the universe) That would be awesome if EA/Bioware could find a way to do that.

This is beautiful. It would be really nice if more short comics like this could be made.

Wow, right in the feels ;_;

Awesome comic you guys!

I hate being this guy... Na, who am I kidding I love being this guy, but: Mass Effect 3 was not "good" until the ending.

Only regarding the events related to the comic, That sub mission played out and ended the same regardless of how you handled their relationship in the second game.
Shepard has no influence on anything that happened in ME 3 (except Saving/destroying the Genophage data, and certain character's deaths) That whole mission played out exactly the same whether the Rachnai were saved or killed in the first game.

Mass Effect 3 was good writing stuck together with offensive Ret-cons and gaping plot holes.

Don't get me wrong behind my rage I liked your comic.
Could you go back and do one for if you told Ereba to break up with Char in the second game?
Because Bioware apparently doesn't think anyone did that.

I cried a little bit for Char. This was, I think, a lovely representation of that story arc - which as you say, was small but powerful. There were so many many great elements of the game it really is a shame about the ending overshadowing them in our discussions and our memories.

Triaed:
Holy crap, that is a full blown comic.
Nicely done!

- how often will it come out?

Sorry to say that this is most likely a one-shot thing seeing as how it basically what happened before Shepard shows up, unless they're planning to do one for some other characters, which I doubt.

When I came across this in ME3... I didn't know it was Charr that died until I handed over the datapad to the woman. When I heard his voice, poem, and hearing the woman's reaction I was like "WHAT? HIM? NO."

I felt more for him than I ever did for the 'kid'.

Well played!

Edit: For the record, the ending -was- made for speculation.
My theory? Mass relays were rebuilt and everyone got connected again. I imagine it may have taken a few years (Give or take), but they eventually were.
That was my only complaint. Seemed pointless and random.

This made me smile. I love it. Absolutely amazing. Bravo, sir.

I haven't got anything new to add, except that I agree with the majority here that this was beautiful - brought all the emotion back from that part of the game (which did make me cry). Would love to see more of these in the future alongside Critical Miss.

Wait... I also brought Garrus and EDI along... and I also was wearing the default armor...

You have seen me play, haven't you? PERVERT!

That was very good. I also enjoyed those two characters. When it finally clicked who they were, I was overcome with a wave of sadness.

personion:
(you save the rachni queen, she's evil, you kill the rachni queen, there's another rachni queen)

Not only does Char die, but this as well?
With every bit of information i learn of ME3, i become gladder and gladder i did not buy it.

Well done!

Excellent, That was great

Really good guys, highly enjoyed it, hope there's more to come.

evilthecat:

The worst part is..

No coincidence there, mate.

I felt myself choking up. Both of you are just badass.

Charr was a true poet :')

This rocked my world. As others have said, it is so perfectly drawn and written that it could easily be canon for the next Mass Effect comic release.

I'd love to see more.

Perhaps a tale of how Morinth became a Banshee. I was pretty gutted that she didn't really have a role in ME3.

This is pretty damn fantastic.

And I completely agree, Grey, with your commentary at the end.

An excellent comic, and a nostalgia-inducing read to come home to after work - may replay a bit of ME3 just because of it.

Encore! Perhaps a story about Miranda's sister, set after the ending?

I've been trying to hate on Mass Effect. Stop reminding me of how good it was! :p

I really enjoyed this. And I'm not even a ME fan.
I enjoyed the afterword as well, really well worded and it got the point across of why the comic was done.
Great job, please do more?

Oh Charr, I knew I liked him for a reason. Again it is shame the we all can't seem to focus on anything else other than the last five minutes. We'll here's hoping a second playthrough will alleviate that.

itsthesheppy:
Just goes to show how character-driven pieces carry so much more weight than 'save the world' shlock.

Could make an entire game about the story of just one throwaway background character. Probably be a better game.

They did. The fans hated it.

OT: This was pretty good. I remember running into that datapad the first time and remembering the krogan and the asari back in ME2, and I went "Aw damn."

Page 2 the number on the Claymore is wrong.
Haven't finished yet, but it looks promising.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-300_Claymore
Just finished it, enjoyed it.
One other goof I noticed is that on page 5 the commander's scar changes what side of his face it's on so it's always visible to the camera.

Well this was unexpected and awesome.
Great job, very well done.

Would be happy to see a followup or work off another fiction.

shrekfan246:

itsthesheppy:
Just goes to show how character-driven pieces carry so much more weight than 'save the world' shlock.

Could make an entire game about the story of just one throwaway background character. Probably be a better game.

OT: This was pretty good. I remember running into that datapad the first time and remembering the krogan and the asari back in ME2, and I went "Aw damn."

Hawke was a background character in DA1?

itsthesheppy:

shrekfan246:

itsthesheppy:

Well, okay, they didn't specifically make a game about a background character. But 2 did set it up that Hawke's family was from Lothering and they needed to run away after the Blight took it during the events of Origins.

My point was more that they decided to make a character-driven story about the life and times of Hawke and companions instead of yet another boring "Save the world" stock plot, and (without getting into a discussion about what it did actually do wrong) the fans absolutely despised it.

A very well done comic. I also feel that there are similar minor characters who have sufficiently developed arcs (and not just from Bioware games) that this sort of mini-comic could become a full featured comic here.

shrekfan246:

itsthesheppy:

shrekfan246:

Well, okay, they didn't specifically make a game about a background character. But 2 did set it up that Hawke's family was from Lothering and they needed to run away after the Blight took it during the events of Origins.

My point was more that they decided to make a character-driven story about the life and times of Hawke and companions instead of yet another boring "Save the world" stock plot, and (without getting into a discussion about what it did actually do wrong) the fans absolutely despised it.

Well, it didn't help that the game was made terribly. The plot was badly structured (there was no reason for Hawke to remain in the city after a certain point before the third act) and the game's mechanics and environments were poorly put together.

I don't think it failed because it was character-driven. It failed because it was very poorly constructed. I think that normally character-driven stories are stronger and more engaging that bigger, more sweeping stuff.

That was pretty damn good man!

CAPTCHA: take it all - You deserve it.

krogan man tears all the way

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook