Spider-Teased

Pages PREV 1 2

faefrost:

RJ Dalton:
If I cared in the slightest bit, I might have been intrigued by this, but I intend to make no attempts to see any movies in this version of the Spider-Man franchise. Not even on Netflix or on TV.
This version of Spider-Man can fuck right off.

At least it's not "Miles Morales"

At least Miles Morales wasn't "Peter Parker as Edward Cullen".

Actually, I don't know anything about that incarnation of Spider-man, so I really can't comment anything at all as to it's quality.

Not Fancy Dan then? Maybe Montana?

I must admit a love of the silver age when it comes to spiderman. I temember being quite excited at the thought of Larry David as the Vulture in Spiderman 3. Instead we got Venom, the worst of the nineties. I wish Raimi had had the chance to make a Kraven's Last Hunt film.

MovieBob:
Spider-Teased

MovieBob offers up some theories as to who just might be the Amazing Spider-Man's next foe.

Read Full Article

BOB. Not that its a real possibility or anything but off the list of major Spidey villains whom could be considered obscure you forgot KRAVEN!!

You know who they could go with as a villain? Mysterio. He's a stuntman stage magician who makes all his own gadgets, and employs theatric trickery as possible to scare/confuse people. Why? Becuause if the idea is to jump on the bandwagon with other franchises like the Dark Knight, this guy's MO is pretty much Batman's. You could devote half the movie to him making his gadgets, stealing obsolete equipment from research labs, and planning to take down Spiderman. Plus, him "teleporting" out of prison would be kind of in character.

The problem with Spiderman in general is that he lacks a big nemesis, like other super heroes. Even Doc Oc and the Green Goblin/Hobgoblins don't really fill the role. Instead, you've got to get creative, taking a goofy villain from the catalogue and trying to make him look serious and realistic.

Haven't seen the movie, but my first thought from that description was Mysterio. Maninahat beat me to it.

I assumed the man was Osborn sense he was the man behind the scenes the whole movie, but the scene itself was kind of stupid it's not like we needed it to create lose plot ends for the sequel.

jmarquiso:
Haven't seen the movie, but my first thought from that description was Mysterio. Maninahat beat me to it.

Agreed this seems like the most logical villain. It's not Osborn, he's dying. It was commented by someone in production that though it is left open ended to give them some breathing room it is a "representative" of Oscorp. That reads to me not osborn.

nvm

Quoted from an interview

RI: It's not a zoo. [laughs] I kept seeing it as maybe a mixture of both. Then a representative from OsCorp appears miraculously in the room. How he gets in there and how he leaves, we don't know. Maybe we will find out. But it's not Norman Osborn.

faefrost:

RJ Dalton:
If I cared in the slightest bit, I might have been intrigued by this, but I intend to make no attempts to see any movies in this version of the Spider-Man franchise. Not even on Netflix or on TV.

And what exactly is wrong with miles?

Bob you're being as insistent with how bad this movie is as the most flaming homosexuals who constantly remind you they're gay; We get it. You thought the movie was bad. Get over it and move on the another movie.

RJ Dalton:

faefrost:

RJ Dalton:

At least Miles Morales wasn't "Peter Parker as Edward Cullen".

Actually, I don't know anything about that incarnation of Spider-man, so I really can't comment anything at all as to it's quality.

Well just from someone who read a few comics with Miles in them, I'll say he's not bad. His unique powers are rather clever and his story is pretty fun at times, given that I can't seem to figure out if his uncle is a bad guy or just pushing his nephew to become stronger by pretending to be.

obvious - he appears and disappears

The Spot

One of my friends brought up the idea that it could be Red Skull. After all, he is the only who has Peter's parents killed in the cannon. And imagine the dollar signs of bring Spiderman to the Avengers.

godofslack:
One of my friends brought up the idea that it could be Red Skull. After all, he is the only who has Peter's parents killed in the cannon. And imagine the dollar signs of bring Spiderman to the Avengers.

Sony doesn't have the film rights to the character.

godofslack:

I know they don't, but if Disney and Sony were able to negotiate a deal to get Spiderman in for Avengers 2, they'll both get massive sales.

I actually liked the Ang Lee Hulk, except for the stupid comic book cut-up scenes.

Bob really hates when things mess with the comic book source material. But I like seeing things get changed up. It keeps us from seeing the same damn movies every ten years or so, and we get to see people try something more interesting than the usually retarded stuff comics bring to the table. (Really, Bob, it's sad that we don't get the "guy gets struck by lightning, gains powers" backstory? Play that one out in your head and tell me how it looks.)

This

"The super science holy grail Connors and others are seeking on behalf of Osborn is the ability to successfully cross animal and human DNA, and while Connors can pull it off, he can't stabilize it - hence The Lizard. Peter, on the other hand, was able to absorb spider traits without turning into a Spider which, in the film, is never adequately explained. But if Peter is carrying the stabilizing agent in his own blood, that not only explains the powers but also gives cause for Osborn etc. to chase him down in the sequels."

and this

"Spencer Smythe is a scientist contracted by J. Jonah Jameson to build remote controlled anti-Spidey robots called "Spider-Slayers." Eventually Spencer got his ticket punched, but his son Alastair picked up the mantle and kept the robot-making dream alive, eventually mutating himself into a "human" Spider-Slayer."

was basiclly done in the movie tie-in game. Would be funny if they did it in the movie sequel

Wait why does no one think it's Mysterio? I figured he was the most obvious villain, with the whole being mysterious and what not.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here