Space Janitors: Episode 8

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Excellent episode, and great way to end the season.

Can't wait for the next one.

bandman232:
Damn, looks like this retarded show is going to stay. :(

Yeah, such a shame. And on top of all that, you have to wait until next year to not watch more episodes of this show you apparently dislike. Whatever will you not watch in the meantime?

Really rebels? Baby experimenting and general assholeness?

Rooting for the empire after this.

Don Reba:

Aardvaarkman:
Why is that how it works? That's not how holograms work in real life. It's not how holograms work in Star Wars, where you see the Leia hologram from behind.

In fact, the very point of a hologram is that you can see the hologram as a 3D object from all angles, unlike a 2D picture which only has one angle.

Hm, yeah, you're right. In episode 5 they show Princess Leia's hologram from multiple angles.

perhps its an simple hologram that requires less machine

Anyone else yelling "It's a TRAP!" by 1:32?

I know I was.

bandman232:
Damn, looks like this retarded show is going to stay. :(

Thank god this not-retarded show is going to stay. :)

John the Gamer:

I know I was.

Nah, you're an episode late on that joke.

2013?? What year is this even? It's not 2013 and I can tell you that for sure, it's just not right. You have no business creating something awesome and then taking more time to create something awesome. Fantastic series guys :D

+Double double props to the acting, every single role was elevated right to it's limits,

I had my doubts about the series initially but they were quickly dispelled. Come back soon! Also the "I am your father" bit was great.

Space Janitors Pilot - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"
Space Janitors Finale - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"

Way to build a character arc guys!

NOOOO, I dont think I can wait till 2013 for more!

Hopefully there will be deck crew still to help fill in the gap

Whispering Death:
Space Janitors Pilot - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"
Space Janitors Finale - "I want to be more than a janitor but I'm not"

Way to build a character arc guys!

To me, it felt kind of more like:

Pilot - "I want to be more than a janitor."
Finale - "Yeah, well a fish isn't exactly what I had in mind."

Besides, it would be kind of awkward having a show called Space Janitors where the main character stopped being a janitor. That would be up there with having a show take place on an immobile space station and calling it Star Trek.

Scars Unseen:
Besides, it would be kind of awkward having a show called Space Janitors where the main character stopped being a janitor. That would be up there with having a show take place on an immobile space station and calling it Star Trek.

The Star Trek series where they tried this did turn out to be the best one by far, so maybe there is something to the idea of exploring other occupations, after all.

Good work on season 1 guys, I'm looking forward to season 2!

Great work, guys! Although I was expecting to see Darby say 'fuck the rebels' after that douche bag spoke to him like that.
What an ass...

Although it's cruel of you to end on a cliff hangar!

Scars Unseen:

John the Gamer:

I know I was.

No I'm not. This episode is the first with the Admiral Ackbar character in it.

John the Gamer:

Scars Unseen:

John the Gamer:

I know I was.

No I'm not. This episode is the first with the Admiral Ackbar character in it.

Yes, you are. They already used the "It's a Trap!" joke last episode.

Love this series and can't wait for Season 2, but, 2013? Really?

jamesbrown:

Don Reba:

Aardvaarkman:
Why is that how it works? That's not how holograms work in real life. It's not how holograms work in Star Wars, where you see the Leia hologram from behind.

In fact, the very point of a hologram is that you can see the hologram as a 3D object from all angles, unlike a 2D picture which only has one angle.

Hm, yeah, you're right. In episode 5 they show Princess Leia's hologram from multiple angles.

perhps its an simple hologram that requires less machine

Truthfully, I wanted to make it look like different technology that the Empire. So, the hologram is actually projecting a 2D plane that is squared up with Darby's shoulders (as opposed to a 3D hologram, which was used for the Leia scene). Imagine that Gul de Sac was projected on a piece of see-through plastic... even when looking at Darby, it would look a bit like he's looking at you from every angle, including from behind.

The reason why you have to wait until 2013, is because we JUST got a go-ahead to film season two, and we wanted to wait until we've heard from you before we start writing. Don't worry, we'll film this year, and we'll keep you posted. We're SUPER excited (as Edith might say).

It is so nice to see our comments acknowledged. ^_^

Don Reba:

Aardvaarkman:

And Mike encouraged Darb to look at her from another angle.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with a show that opens with "And now, the conclusion" and ends with "to be continued..."

You lied, that wasn't a conclusion at all.

Good episode though.

-JAG

Please rename Space Janitors to "Things We Thought Would Be Funny When We Watched Star Wars".

Grape_Bullion:
Please rename Space Janitors to "Things We Thought Would Be Funny When We Watched Star Wars".

That does not work. I got bored half way through the new title.

Great series. Looking forward to 2013. Is there a donate button or something for the series?

Don Reba:

Grape_Bullion:

That does not work. I got bored half way through the new title.

That's good, because "Things We Thought Would Be Funny" is a really good ironic title for this drivel.

Well...I think that signals the death of another good series. I understand that it is difficult for independents to make a series on a weekly or even monthly basis with just a shoestring budget, but you guys need to be more aware of your primary demographic: THE INTERNET.

As a demographic, THE INTERNET is trollish, angry, fickle, autistic, dandyist, homophobic/philic (depending on the day and alignment of the stars), nymphomaniac, fanatic,occasionally-accepting, sometimes-intelligent...and many other things. Although it vacillates between every emotion and thought process in the spectrum of (in)humanity, sometimes cyclically and sometimes randomly, and every once in a while in tandem with its opposites, the one thing THE INTERNET is in perpetuity--

is impatient.

Even interest in ERB seems to be petering (see what I did there???) out as a result of their schedule changing to monthly. At least we got to have an official ending for Apocalypse Lane, and I really hope the Space Janitors guys don't go the way of Doraleous just when they succumb to Cerebus Syndrome.

Poste-scripte and reason for edit:

JoeyMousepadd:

Don Reba:

Aardvaarkman:

And Mike encouraged Darb to look at her from another angle.

I know it's just fanwank, but...there are no holographic images of Leia in Empire...

Awesome. I love how we get the polar opposite of the Luke story, and how the rebels are somehow even bigger douches than the empire. Good luck with the filming, and looking forward to the new season next year!

Loving this series. 2013 is too long to wait, but alas we have no choice. :)

Congrats Brendan/Darby on your Taco Bell commercial.

Loved it. Been a great season 1 and hope the whole crew is back for the second season! But must admit this one didn't start too funny, the holo scene was a bit slow. But the rebel scene was hillarious "Are you sure? Check your mouth." *Janitor sticks tongue suggestively into cheek* Haha.

Oskamunda:
I know it's just fanwank, but...there are no holographic images of Leia in Empire...

I believe he is referring to Space Janitors Episode 5 (this was Episode 8), where the Leia knockoff is talking in a hologram.

"There are no dicks in my mouth."

That whole conversation could have been dumb and repetitive but the way they presented those lines just made it incredibly enjoyable to watch!

Can't wait for 2013 and the second series, not something I usually say for a web series. Great going guys!

Well that was nic--

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU--

Oh well...

I don't get why they've tried to turn a light hearted, fun little comedy show into a serious drama of some kind, it's really weird!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here