Steampunk Feminists Vs. Zombies

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

MatsVS:

DaRigger420:
Sorry, but I personally know a few raging fems and they enjoy their corsets. One of them told me she wears one as a top to clubs just to lure in unsuspecting guys so she can rip em apart with intelligent conversation and debate. She has a 4.0 and BS in Psychiatry.

Pfft, corsets were the Victorian patriarchy's primary tool of oppressing the feminazguls of their time.

Actually, I believe their primary tool was the law. The core of feminism is simply allowing women to do what they want. That can range from being the CEO of a company to being a submissive house wife if they want. A type of clothing is only oppressive if it's forced.

Ha! Best poster-size in a long time. This is the best kind of satire. Ruthlessly barbed but a curiously sweet concept at the same time. I feel so dirty...

Why are all the displayed protagonists women while all the zombies are men? Feminists my ass, the cover imagery can be argued as anti-male. Not to mention that there are thousands of zombies games, including Steampunk ones, that already exist. Also, somebody had to have draw that picture for the Kick-starter page which they know at least one guy with some talent. That said, its still a funny comic.

This comment section reminds me of how sad Kickstarter can be. You never know when a project, even one as awesome as this, might be headed by morons.

It's a good thing I don't have disposable income on me, or I probably would've donated to it already.

That art style, and the creativity-

But seriously, loved how the Steampunk chicks were dressed up, how everything was in highlights, the details to everything and- oh gosh my love for art is overloading onto the forums!! But also your art makes me favor the moment too, it's so digitally well done (if that makes sense) and I love it all the more too. Everyone has their own style and clearly it's so good to see~

But uh.. yeah, *ahem*. Game wise, I think I would want to try it out. Not sure if I should, but ... well, it looks interesting enough. Only saying that because we have tons of zombie games already but it is a Steampunk styled game so I have to check it out.

I've stopped donating to crowdfunded works, but this would look quite interesting if it were real.

Spartan1362:
I'd donate to that.
Seriously, looks awesome.

No, seriously, I'd donate to this, I wouldn't mind a Steampunk zombie game.

What I find hilarious here is the number of people who appear to have taken this seriously.

Irony=win

MatsVS:
feminazguls

I regret to inform you that I shall be stealing that word for future mocking purposes.

PedroSteckecilo:

TsunamiWombat:

Susan Arendt:
I would totally play that game.

Yeah i'm in too.

Also this exists - The Bone Shaker by Cherie Priest is a steampunk novel with feminist undertones (it's about a widow confronting the spectre of her abusive husband and rescuing her headstrong son. By shooting Zombies. Kindof. Admittedly she gets rescued a couple of times but she's the protagonist and does her own asskicking. Also, there's a pissed off native american woman with knives whose effectively the biggest badass in the book)

Nice reference Tsunami! Cherie Priest is one of the better Steampunk Writers out there and helped define it rather than jumping on the bandwagon. Her second book Dreadnaught is also awesome, though doesn't have zombies.

And overall, I blame the excellent character designs for why people would actually want to donate/play this! Those ladies look absolutely fantastic!

I'd give Boneshaker about a C, to be honest. I wasn't that smitten with it. When you say she's one of the better steampunk writers, I believe you- what little i've seen looks like absolute dreck. Cherie Priest at least can turn out a cohesive story that isn't just BANGBANG WE GOT AIRSHIPS AND CLOCKWORK GUNS HERE'S ABRAHAM LINCOLNS SEVERED HEAD IN A ROBOT WOO. If I had a problem with her characters it's I feel that there wasn't really a character arc to be had for them - the rebellious youth is SLIGHTLY less rebellious perhaps but we're never really shown any growth on his part, and the protagonists ultimate act of self-actualization and establishment of her own worth as a human being

TheYellowCellPhone:

Spartan1362:
I'd donate to that.
Seriously, looks awesome.

No, seriously, I'd donate to this, I wouldn't mind a Steampunk zombie game.

The Chaos Engine springs to mind

I'm sure that is being made into a L4D2 mod right now...

Even though it looks awesome I'm just gonna hold out for Cyberpunk Lesbians vs. the Triffids...

lmao! So true of the evil femlord Sarki. (quiet breathy voice:.....SARKIIIIII.........) thank you that was a real laugh.

Those chicks look pretty cool. take the feminist out of the name an im down.

chick1: blows zombies head off.
chick2:With this horrific pay gap and you still want to eat me! SHOW SOME RESPECT!

mission success: the ladies go back to there womens studies class!lmao

Lt._nefarious:

Even though it looks awesome I'm just gonna hold out for Cyberpunk Lesbians vs. the Triffids...

...what is a Triffids? Never seen that word before in my life.

Tenmar:

Lt._nefarious:

...what is a Triffids? Never seen that word before in my life.

I'm going to assume you are joking but just on the off chance you're not I shall divulge, the Triffids are giant flesh eating plants that can, I think, make people blind, Although that may have been the meteor shower...

You've seriously never heard of Day of the Triffids?

This is why I'm very cautious of what I would invest in. I want to use kickstarter one day myself to cover publishing costs of a comicbook I'm writing/illustrating this coming year. The twist is, I will have a product that needs only to be printed several hundred thousand times, as opposed to "with this money I will generate this product which does not currently exists."

Lt._nefarious:

I'm going to assume you are joking but just on the off chance you're not I shall divulge, the Triffids are giant flesh eating plants that can, I think, make people blind, Although that may have been the meteor shower...

You've seriously never heard of Day of the Triffids?

I never head of a Triffids at all. So yeah usually when I ask questions on this forum, I mean it cause I'm not afraid to admit I don't know stuff. So basically they are piranha plants from Mario Bros?

hahahahaha Tenmar doesnt know what a triffid is(looks triffids up)hahahaha condescending laugh ha hahahaha.

Tenmar:
[quote="Lt._nefarious" post="6.382240.15081377"]

I never head of a Triffids at all. So yeah usually when I ask questions on this forum, I mean it cause I'm not afraid to admit I don't know stuff. So basically they are piranha plants from Mario Bros?

... Technically you are correct in your comparison to piranha plants... But they were though up in (or possibly before) the 30's so really Piranha Plants are basically Triffids...

rbstewart7263:
hahahahaha Tenmar doesnt know what a triffid is(looks triffids up)hahahaha condescending laugh ha hahahaha.

Hey nothing wrong by living by this creed.

"I know that I do not know, and that is what makes me wise".

*enters thread to post joke*

*sees every other post tossing money at the nonexistent product*

Mr. Carter, how do I contact you to discuss plans for an intergalactic zeppelin racing CCG? That posterboard won't draw on itself, y'know.

you knew it was coming...

mirasiel:

MatsVS:
feminazguls

I regret to inform you that I shall be stealing that word for future mocking purposes.

I can't claim credit, unfortunately. That belongs to, I think, a blogger by the name of acrackedmoon.

Whaddya mean it's not a real game!?! D:<
Carter, you have made a POWERFUL enemy!!
I will not be rickrolled by an...an...
ARTIST! O:<

Everyone, keep an eye on Kickstarter... This is totally going to happen.

I would pay real money for this game

Ah and thus the real problem with the Kickstarter system becomes clear. ...incidentally, I would totally buy that.

Someone show this to kickstartery people. I want to play this. More than that, with how addictive kickstarter can be, I want to give someone money for this, and feel warm and smug afterwards.

The Artificially Prolonged:

What do you mean it's not a real kickstarter?

I think it's just a matter of time until this is a real project. Somebody make it happen! [Throws crumpled up $5 bill at screen.]

Firia:
This is why I'm very cautious of what I would invest in. I want to use kickstarter one day myself to cover publishing costs of a comicbook I'm writing/illustrating this coming year. The twist is, I will have a product that needs only to be printed several hundred thousand times, as opposed to "with this money I will generate this product which does not currently exists."

Well now, that brings up a good point: how do I know I'm not getting scammed on Kickstarter?

PedroSteckecilo:
She didn't really "take advantage" of anything, she started the kickstarter and got youtube comment bombed by assholes who ended up having the opposite effect they hoped to have.

How much money do you think she will spend on the project?

Moonlight Butterfly:
Well that pretty much covers everything I like.

I assume the power ups are made of chocolate yes?

(I still don't think Sarkeesian swindled anyone. It's strange how no other kickstarters get rape threats huh...)

How long will it take before someone picks up the Girl Genius IP for vidyagaems? :(

I'd like to see that, but I'm not sure how well it would translate as anything but an adventure game.

That said this strip is making me want to fire up Arcanum again. :)

Susan Arendt:
I would totally play that game.

Who wouldn't? I mean come on a woman in a dress that has no pratical use in combat and yet she's STILL rocking a gun and making it look good?

Now there's a mix of femininity and bad-assery!

I don't care that this has been said already (I've not even read any of the responses, I just know) but I'd play this game. I could take or leave the zombies, but the steampunk part I can get on board with.

Surely it would make a better use of Kickstarter than shelling out to have somebody follow you on Twitter for a year if nothing else, right.

Seriously cool art in the first column too, indeed.

Good lord ... I believed it was a genuine article on the mega-header and hence avoided clicking it until I saw the teaser below ... This is hilarious!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here