Feed Dump: The Leaning Henge of Rome

Pages PREV 1 2

I don't come here for the hats. I come here for all of you wonderful people. :D

Because, without you, who would wear the hats? ;p

Graham_LRR:

LadyRhian:
Paul, Chien is dog- not even a female dog. The word you are looking for is Salope.

We looked it up on the interwebs, and used "chiennes".
Darn.

Well, chienne is the word for female dog. Salope is slut. Chienne is the correct word for word translation, salope is the correct context translation.

Jamiethejedi:
I'm a bit gutted that Big Ben isn't worth more. I mean it's a giant gold(ish) clock. Stone Henge isn't even a real henge!

I thought it was renamed because the Queen and 60 years.

The french word for "Bitch" is "Pute" and I would have laughed my ass off even harder is he got it right.
Not sure I could have laughed any harder though.

Remove this new female. Two weeks is two too many to endure her. She is neither charming nor witty. I could say other things about the lack of wit being related to the lack of intelligence. But that would be rude.

I'm convinced.

I mean... dat hat. News is pointless without dat hat.

Well at least the punishment those tourists got for faux-kissing the statue was porportionate to the "crime" This would be a far less funny story if they had been chucked in prison.

lomylithruldor:
Well, chienne is the word for female dog. Salope is slut. Chienne is the correct word for word translation, salope is the correct context translation.

But is "bitches" in that context really equivalent of "sluts", though?

And I have heard French speakers use "chienne" for "bitch" in the insult-a-woman-who-disagrees-with-you context. Maybe it's a dialect thing.

I want to marry Kate.

Oh couse the Eiffel tower is the most expensive. It's all metal. I would have thought it would have been worth more just as scrap.

lomylithruldor:

Graham_LRR:

LadyRhian:
Paul, Chien is dog- not even a female dog. The word you are looking for is Salope.

We looked it up on the interwebs, and used "chiennes".
Darn.

I think that depends greatly on what you're using bitch for, which has never said "slut" to me. But to each their own.

As a Brit I am somewhat outraged that the French one-upped us with their Eiffel tower. Our London Clock and Rock Circle are clearly more impressive!

That's my dose of patriotism for the day. Now to drink some tea and eat scones.

The Duomo! It is in Florence. I was there. I saw it. I'm pretty confident.

hotdogoctopus:
Remove this new female. Two weeks is two too many to endure her. She is neither charming nor witty. I could say other things about the lack of wit being related to the lack of intelligence. But that would be rude.

This is satire, yes?

Aankhen:

hotdogoctopus:

This is satire, yes?

No.

Looks like Graham's sister is adorable this week.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I expected stories about smuggled reptiles!

hotdogoctopus:

What, Kate?

Play nice son, and what constitutes funny in your book?

I was thinking puppies that whole episode!

What are the pigs doing, you ask?
Bacon.
For eating while watching dogs walk the plank.

hotdogoctopus:

Aankhen:

hotdogoctopus:

This is satire, yes?

No.

Ah. In that case, I'd have to disagree entirely with your assessment and point out that ordering people to 'Remove this new female' does nothing except make you look like a complete and utter tool.

Kate, don't pretend you don't know what happened to those pigs
Bacon.
Is it sad? Maybe.
Is it delicious? For sure it is!

hotdogoctopus:

Aankhen:

hotdogoctopus:

This is satire, yes?

No.

You should check previous LRR videos before saying things like that.
Besides she is back-up Stark for the times when Graham leaves the Moonbase
Because as we all know "There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase"

Aankhen:

hotdogoctopus:

Aankhen:

This is satire, yes?

No.

Ah. In that case, I'd have to disagree entirely with your assessment and point out that ordering people to 'Remove this new female' does nothing except make you look like a complete and utter tool.

Oh yes. I forgot about the memo regarding the use of empirical data in conjunction with opinions. I'll stick with the more colloquially accepted "Get rid of that bitch" next time and I'll even say please.

blackrave:

I shall. I just started watching these past four (or five maybe) but I am sure that exposure therapy to the subject in question will not help.

hotdogoctopus:

blackrave:

I shall. I just started watching these past four (or five maybe) but I am sure that exposure therapy to the subject in question will not help.

Dig deeper.
Go to their LRR webpage and watch their stuff from the very beginning
Kate deserves to be in LRR videos more than you deserve to demand to get rid of someone
(although to be honest I find Tali more hilarious)

hotdogoctopus:

Aankhen:

hotdogoctopus:

No.

Oh yes. I forgot about the memo regarding the use of empirical data in conjunction with opinions. I'll stick with the more colloquially accepted "Get rid of that bitch" next time and I'll even say please.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but it's not helping the whole looking like a tool thing.

Herman Hedning's mace:
YAY, Warriors of Darkness reference! We need more of them, dang it!

Seconded, even though the quote isn't exact.

The "laughing Buddha" is not a different representation of Buddha it's actually an entirely different figure from Chinese folk-lore known as Budai who has absolutely no relation to Buddhism.

Oh yeah, Canadians speak French.

Aankhen:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but it's not helping the whole looking like a tool thing.

Looking like a tool on the Internet? *foams at mouth from laughter*
You must be new here.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook