The Big Picture: The Prophesy of Freakazoid

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

The Prophesy of Freakazoid

MovieBob turns his gaze to Freakazoid and his prophetic tales of the internet.

Watch Video

Yep, saw the ending coming a mile off. I mean you, can't talk about Freakazoid without going into Candlejack. Of course, what I love about that character is

This thread is going to need a LOT of rope.

Also: Freakazoid: The Movie, staring Jim Carrey!

God I LOVED this show as a seven year old.

Fuck... 100 episodes already? Dang, I didn't realize how long it's been!

I remember watching Freakazoid! pretty infrequently as a kid. I was more interested in Animaniacs. Kind of a shame the show was canceled just as it got off to a flying start.

Thank you Bob. I had forgotten all about Freakazoid until today. I loved the show back then and am now in a great mood remembering all it's demented goodness.

freakazoid was soooooooooooooo good. Bob, you make my day.

I loved Freakaziod! when it was on. Thanks MovieBob for the trip down memory lane. Now I'm off to buy the DVDs.

Oh lord, he just HAD to mention Candlejack? Now none of are safe once he

SlightlyEvil:
Yep, saw the ending coming a mile off. I mean you, can't talk about Freakazoid without going into Candlejack. Of course, what I love about that character is

Yeah Candlejack was

SlightlyEvil:

PAY ATTENTION EVERYONE. THIS is how you properly do the "Candlejack" joke. You NEVER cut it off in the middle of his name, or he could never get you to begin with! Also Bob, congrats on your 10

Wow, Bob does a whole episode on a show I grew up with? Consider myself surprised.

Having said that when this show aired it wasn't really something I was interested in, I just didn't want comedy cartoons then, I was too busy watching more serious cartoons like Batman, Spider-Man, and X-Men.

Captcha: Goosebumps, nice.

I didn't really like this show as a kid, and I probably still wouldn't like it.
Sorry, I just hate annoying characters.

First thing wow, it had been a hundred episodes of this show? That's nearly two years (bring on four more episode to hit the two years mark)!

Second thing, what a nostalgic episode. What you stated never occur to me but in saying so I havern't watched the episode for god know when. Well that Fanboy wannabe sidekicked character make sense in today content. I suppose Freakazoid probably respersent the SFW side of the internet (I dread to think if someone had made a more twisted version of Freakazoid who repsersent the NSFW side of the internet). I dare to say they should bring back/ revive Freakazoid for todays cuture (as long it is faithful and funny to the original).

Third thing. Ha! That creep scene is always a classic!!

EDIT- Forth thing, Why haven't they made a region 2 version of that Freakazoid dvd? Sure I can still order the import version but there are limits to to switching back and forth with the media player.

now that i think about it , dude has a point, way ahead of his time freakazzoid was a major troll.

haha! cj got his ass

When Freakazoid first appeared on TV when I was in elementary school I had dreams my family could afford a computer and then that my cat would link me to a top secret government page that would imbue me with techno super powers... to be young.

At least I have a couple great computers now so at least one dream came true.

And now I'm basking in Nostalgia. Ah, that intro...

Anyway, yeah, now that you mention it Freakazoid is basically the internet personified. Huh.

And yeah, I loved Candlejack. He was

Awesome now do tiny toons and animaniacs. And i guess pinky and the brain.

God i miss those shows. FReakazoid was always my favorite after animaniacs.

Bob, Bob, Bob, you can't do the joke until you complete Candlejack's name which you did n-

Calumon: ...Where'd Jack go? And my rope? :S

The Tall Nerd:
now that i think about it , dude has a point, way ahead of his time freakazzoid was a major troll.

haha! cj got his ass

Most warner brothers cartoons were major trolls. Warner brothers cartoon characters are just one long line of trolls

Not much to say here but, good job Bob, here's to another 100, and thanks for shedding light on one of may favorite animated series. Besides that, what else is there... We could all beg for a reboot? Make a bunch of references? Beg for a movie? Eh. I'll just go watch the series again.

P.S. And a big congratulations to me! my 10,000th comment! Glad it could be on one of my favorite webshows having a segment on one of my favorite animated shows!

*slow clap for awseomeness*

I needed this this morning... I loved this show as a kid, so it's great to see it getting recognized lately.

Also, this guy I know online wants to charter a bus- anyone know a good place?

I miss Freakazoid, I don't remember if I watched it much as a kid, but I'll have to spring for the DVDs...

Anyway, happy 100 episodes, Bob, and here's to a hundred more!

Well, the interent hasn't changed much since that prediction has it eh!

I'd heard of that show, but I'd never watched it. Sad just how accurate a prediction it was though.

Well... I guess I have another reason to rewatch it all again.

Decent ending as well. I'd forgotten about Candlejac

I forget who originally said it, but there was a quote in the late 90s that went: "We used to think a million monkeys typing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the works of Shakespeare. But now that we have the Internet, we know that's not true."

I vaguely remember Freakazoid, but I was a bit old to be a regular watcher. I did like the pop culture references and self-awareness in the episodes I did see. I remember liking the Nerdator episode, a Predator-parody about an alien who kidnaps important nerds like Stephen Hawking and Bill Gates to take over the world.

I loved that MovieBob put in references to Emmitt Nervend, CandleJack and Weena Merc-

I don't think I ever had any chance to watch this as a Finn.
Enjoyable listen/watch, captha's refering to "thunder storm", any connections?

I always liked Freakazoid more than Animaniacs, I mean, they did get a memo after all.

Come on Bob, Candlejack? He

What show was the picture in 0.40? I remember watching a show WAAAAAAAAY back that looks like it but I never got the name.

That made for a great 100th.
Do more Big Pictures on 90s cartoons pleaaase.

Grats on the 100 episodes. Remember watching this as a child and didn't quite get it, the randomness just appealed to me. I totally see it now though!

Lol the candlejack thing wa

Ah! Bob you tease!

Seriously, awesome episode! Absolutely love the show!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here