The Big Picture: The Prophesy of Freakazoid

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Maybe that's why I couldn't stand Freakazoid and didn't get the appeal.

I mean, literally half of the first page's responses immediately devolved into droning the same meme at the first opportunity.

Signa:

Darth_Payn:
(what did that ASCII code at the begining mean?

I didn't see an answer within the next page, so here it is. That sequence was the random string of characters, followed by delete, that turned Dexter into Freakazoid. It was a known issue with the line of CPUs that Dexter ended up with, but because it was such a low chance of anyone typing all that in, the company ignored it. Dexter's cat took a walk on his keyboard chasing a moth, which lead to his transformation.

Yup, I rememebr it was a computer code that made Dexter into Freakazoid once he pressed Delete, I just thought it was longer. I guess since they didn't reveal every character in the code on the show itself, Bob just had to make do.

SpectacularWebHead:

Draconalis:
Ugh... this show is just as annoying and stupid as it was when I was a kid.

I've always hated it.

NOOOOOOO! GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR COMMENT! LEAVE THE POOR ESCAPISTS ALONE! SHEEEEESH! YOU'RE A CREEP! WE WERE ALL HAVING A GOOD TIME UNTIL YOU SHOWED UP DRACONALIS! OOOOO! GO HAVE SOME COFFEE WITH CREAM OR SOMETHING! BECAUSE I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING! THIS IS A HAPPY PLACE!

Yeah! that's telling him! You didn't even wait for him to ask if you'd like to see something strange and mystical first.

viiiiiiggo:
"No! I am not the wienie! You are the wienie!"

I loved Ricardo Montalbon's appearances on that show.

Hell yeah. When he said "Laugh with me! Laugh with me!", dammit, you laugh. You really have no choice in the matter.

captcha: grilled cheese
great, now I want some

MB202:
About Bob's point, I get the feeling that this was a "Beverly Hillbillies" sort of thing, namely that the idea that Dexter Douglas downloaded the Internet into him and THAT'S what made him a maniac might have just been a coincidence and probably something Tom Ruegger, Paul Rugg, and the like probably never even thought of, and the whole "cyberspace" thing was just an arbitrary way of giving Freakazoid his powers. Still, this also counts as a "hilarious in hindsight" as well.

If I recall correctly, the bit about having the entire internet downloaded into his brain was clarified in the episodes "The Chip" parts 1&2. In the first part, Roddy MacStew discovers the flaw in the chip, and describes it's effects, which I believe included downloading all the content of the internet into the user's mind, overloading him, making him insane and "very silly."

Now I'm going to have to go home and watch it to make sure I'm remembering it right (like I need an excuse for more Freakazoid!).

There...really is nothing to say on the matter. Bob pretty much summed up everything one could possibly say on the matter.

So I shall instead close out this comment with one of the most overused memes in existence. Candleja

The Great JT:
On that note, I have to say the following. Ahem.

Hugbees.

Moose.

Oh, this guy. Yeah, he was a pest. Practically a male Pinkie Pie, and with a voice almost as ear-splitting as hers, too.

"I'm gonna need more rope..."

Why that never caught on as a meme I'll never know.

I know I'm late in commenting on this, but I usually not online as much as I'd like. Loved it so much I ordered the first Dvd set of Freakazoid. The fact the ending really made me LOL is proof enough I still love everything about it. Surprised I didn't pick it up sooner. Also getting Animaniacs I'm sure my nephews (yeah, that's why I'm buying it...) will dig it.

Jack and Calumon:
Bob, Bob, Bob, you can't do the joke until you complete Candlejack's name which you did n-

Calumon: ...Where'd Jack go? And my rope? :S

Dat avatar, combined with re-watching Madoka...

DEAR GOD DIGIMON PREDICTED KYUBEY.

evilneko:

Jack and Calumon:
Bob, Bob, Bob, you can't do the joke until you complete Candlejack's name which you did n-

Calumon: ...Where'd Jack go? And my rope? :S

Dat avatar, combined with re-watching Madoka...

DEAR GOD DIGIMON PREDICTED KYUBEY.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Calumon: Wanna make a contract? :3

I love you Bob, congrats on you 100th!

Blackbird71:

MB202:
About Bob's point, I get the feeling that this was a "Beverly Hillbillies" sort of thing, namely that the idea that Dexter Douglas downloaded the Internet into him and THAT'S what made him a maniac might have just been a coincidence and probably something Tom Ruegger, Paul Rugg, and the like probably never even thought of, and the whole "cyberspace" thing was just an arbitrary way of giving Freakazoid his powers. Still, this also counts as a "hilarious in hindsight" as well.

If I recall correctly, the bit about having the entire internet downloaded into his brain was clarified in the episodes "The Chip" parts 1&2. In the first part, Roddy MacStew discovers the flaw in the chip, and describes it's effects, which I believe included downloading all the content of the internet into the user's mind, overloading him, making him insane and "very silly."

Now I'm going to have to go home and watch it to make sure I'm remembering it right (like I need an excuse for more Freakazoid!).

It's been forever since I last saw Freakazoid!; even as a kid, I didn't watch it that much.

i'm gonna need more rope...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or