Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Comebacks

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I must admit I was expecting Mortal Kombat to be on the list. The first few games were good but then they went bonkers with crap after crap for many years. Not until the recent release did they get any respect back.

I would also say that Fire Emblem has made a great comeback with the recent FE: Awakening after that dismal game of shadow dragon on the DS and the sub par FE: radiant dawn.

omega 616:

FEichinger:

Other than Lisa, there's Tara Long, Nixie Pixel, Jackie Talbott (Carboni works with them all at Rev3/Destructoid TV), and Dodger (Game Station). Here in Canada we also have Liana K (Kerzner).

Leaving out Felicia Day, are we?

Felicia is a jack of all trades, so I excluded her.

I know she has done voice acting and stuff but shes been on House and stuff. Although, I am probably ignorant of what other female gaming journalists have done, so I might be including women who have done what Felicia has done.

You... entirely left out "The Guild"... I think maybe having created and starred in a webseries entirely devoted to the other side of what is essentially managing a raid might give her enough pull to be considered. From what you said I interpreted it as only having dome some voice acting, but it does go beyond that.

Thanks god, Smosh is off this website! AND Lisa Foils is back!(For some people, I never watched her >_>) I did love that intro, and the list was well done except for... I think she should of included batman because in videogames Batman was a dead franchise till Arkham Asylum brought him back with a bang.

Yah!

Disagree with some of the picks (XCOM should have been on the list, I prefer the originals but this new one was easily the best in a long line of crap since then), but doesn't matter, Lisa's fun, and back.

Raioken18:

omega 616:

Leaving out Felicia Day, are we?

Felicia is a jack of all trades, so I excluded her.

I know she has done voice acting and stuff but shes been on House and stuff. Although, I am probably ignorant of what other female gaming journalists have done, so I might be including women who have done what Felicia has done.

You... entirely left out "The Guild"... I think maybe having created and starred in a webseries entirely devoted to the other side of what is essentially managing a raid might give her enough pull to be considered. From what you said I interpreted it as only having dome some voice acting, but it does go beyond that.

I know she has done more than voice acting, no idea what but I know she has.

I just don't follow "gaming celebs" at all, this is the only gaming web site I visit and the only 2 people I can name are Susan and Greg. I listen to rooster teeth podcast and know a little about day[9] and heard a few other names during browsing but other people don't interest me that much.

I think day[9] is fucking awesome and kinda want to be like him but I don't want to delve into his whole personal history and what he has worked on, just doesn't interest me. Knowing that Felicia starred in a web series about the other side of managing a raid is just far too much for me, Felicia being into games is more than enough.

To me, knowing her entire working history is like knowing her measurements, 5ft 6', 32 inch waist etc ... just information I don't need about someone.

Intro was hilarious.

Welcome back.

Oh look quality! Yay! I'm glad to see this back. And looking better than ever.
Omfg Stan Lee.

Welcome back Lisa! We all...most of us...some of us missed you! Great list to start off the return of the show!

The_Echo:
I'm still not over the fact that this girl who used to be on my TV as a kid is now on my computer talking about video games. It's a weird kind of cool.

Dude has a good point. Definitely deserved to be on this list!

Awesome episode.
Stan Lee adds more awesome.
Another please!

It's great to have your slightly kooky sense of humour back Lisa! Awesome video, although as has previously been mentioned, no XCom?

Yeeei! Back in full form and more, Lisa. I could not stop smiling all through the video. I'll add my WTF for Stan Lee but put another one out there. Who did the Morgan Freeman voice? Or is it THE Morgan Freeman also doing a Cameo?

On topic, I haven't played the new Tomb Raider yet (I'm poor, let me be) but I stuck with it for all the so so games (although Anniversary was pretty good overall, and Guardian of Light was jolly good mayhem). I don't know how good of a comeback it is, but is all the rave, so it should be to my liking. I missed Prince of Persia there....or is that one of the bad comebacks (if we're talking 2008).

Deus EX also made a super solid comeback so I kinda missed it on the list.

Soviet Heavy:
I liked the Stan Lee cameo.

I wanna know how she pulled that one off.

Welcome back Lisa !
You realize that now we'll want awesome cameos every episode, right :P ?

She's back to steal our hearts again.

Please never leave again.

My favorite come back isn't videogame related but still.

Self-aware humor and a Stan Lee cameo? Welcome back Lisa.

Also, the bit about "a female in tight clothing dancing around" followed by the AC/DC shirt made me laughingly facepalm, with a song stuck in my head. Oh, internet...

I should totally get around to playing the Megaman and Donkey Kong Country comebacks... the rest, though... not my thing. I loved the Ninja Gaiden series on NES... this new stuff, not so much.

Fappy:
How the hell did you get Stan Lee in on this? Tell me your secret!

Anyways that was a pretty nice come back episode. And I agree, Donkey Kong Country Returns is one of the only games worthwhile on the Wii.

Ya that surprised me too also DK64 was the best DK game ever made.. that's right I went there!

Wait, I recognise that shark! I took a screenshot when I was watching The Blue Planet and have it as my current wallpaper. Has someone been sneaking into my house while I wasn't looking? Admittedly I haven't noticed a ninja in mine, but I suppose that's kind of the point.

Aw yeah, welcome back Lisa!

And yeah, I agree with you on the DMC side and Tomb Raider, really liked both of those games.

What was that music that came on after the escapist invited you back? I've heard it before but I don't know the name.

Anyway the behind the show bit at the beginning was pretty funny. The show was good too.

lol the new Lara does have pants on now, though she really could have thrown on a jacket of some sort with what she's going through in that game o.O

I woke up earlier then usual for this. Totally worth it.

Like sax, but better!

Okay that intro was hilarious. Also I agree about the Ducktales thing. Otherwise it is still good to have you back!

Lisa Foiles Top 5: Always guaranteed to turn into a gigantic debate on what she *didn't* mention.

Well back and much cleaner (tighter and more polished editing very well done! :)

Vkmies:
No Metroid? GOD DAMNIT LISA!

Oh, and welcome back, your show is awesome.

Yeaaaaah. I agree with everything. Like what is this lack of Metroid I don't even...

But whatever, still a great show. At least there was some DK love.

First Stan Lee writes an episode of HISHE now he's in the intro for this. I get the feeling old Stan spends too much time on the internet.

Then again who am I to judge on that?

Vkmies:
No Metroid? GOD DAMNIT LISA!

Also, when talking about a lack of DK games she completely forgot about Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat for the Gamecube which was actually a really good game.

Yeah, this should never have gone in the first place.

Great to have Lisa back!

OOoooooohhhh, she's been too scared to come here all by herself, so she brought her "friends" along to intimidate us. Pah! How weak!

... *cough*

Good job, Ms Foiles.

/me walks away. Backwards. Slowly.

"Top 5 with Lisa broke a lot of ground by having a female who jumped around in really tight clothes...pretty sure that was revolutionary"

That might have been the funniest part of the whole episode. It's so refreshing to see a show like this which is actually self-aware or if silliness. And that apparently can pull in Stan Lee for a Cameo? I mean, I'm hardly adding any new questions to the mix, but how the hell was THAT managed?

Couldn't you get a younger/prettier girl with more personality and an interesting voice called Lisa Foiles to do the show instead? That way you don't even have to change the name of the show.

While I may disagree with your opinions, it is good to have you back.

You know, I expected a lot more hate from the comments about you having DMC on the list. I am surprisingly...surprised, to see that isn't the case.

Scorpid:
Thanks god, Smosh is off this website! AND Lisa Foils is back!(For some people, I never watched her >_>) I did love that intro, and the list was well done except for... I think she should of included batman because in videogames Batman was a dead franchise till Arkham Asylum brought him back with a bang.

Except that Batman has existed in PLENTY of media besides video games, so it's not really a comeback. Batman circulates through popular culture as much as Jesus. Hell, I've heard a reference to some sort of debate called "Christ vs. Batman."

Love the opening. Guess Lisa fell pretty far:

"... a Coke[a-Cola] overdose [*holed up in corner with ALL the Coca-Cola*], and a SAX addiction... compulsive need to make lists..."
"Will you marry me?"
"Gimme FIVE REASONS!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook