No Right Answer: Greatest Disappointment in Hollywood Ever

Pages PREV 1 2

I used to think Lohan was the biggest fall, but when Michael Bay refuses to work with you? I dunno, that's... well, with Lohan we saw the gradual decline. With Lebeouf, it was like a pit just opened beneath him.

DVS BSTrD:
Kyle you left out his first staring role in Holes.

WAIT!
T-th-that's him?
My hole world has been rocked.
I couldn't just leave that pun unused.

Gotta say...Kyle should have gotten a point each for the Michael Bay and Alec Baldwin comments at the end. Still, I gotta say, Lohan is the bigger disappointment. I mean, I could give two craps about LeBeouf. Lohan won serious kudos for being in Machete!

Have to say I'm in disagreement on the "enjoy watching them fall" requirement. Probably because of the video I'm about to post, it made an impact on me personally

Sorry to be a downer, just had to be said.

Hmmm, well the thing is I never had paticularly high hopes for Shia to be disappointed by him. Lindsay Lohan at least had some potential as entertaining eye candy if nothing else. I was never a big fan of either of them when they were "hot" so that might have a lot to do with it as well.

I agree with Lindsay winning because I at least remotely cared about her career for the most base reason.

THAT said it should be noted that Lindsay's self destruction was not just drugs and alcohol. She was also apparently a lesbian sex maniac, and a bit crazy all on her own. Her serious self destruction started when her own bodyguard quit and started outing her for her insane behavior, saying that he couldn't protect her. According to him, her MO was that she used boys for drugs, and girls for sex. She also did things like try and attack drug dealers that she thought weren't giving her a good deal, and after one such incident her Bodyguard pretty much just quit, outed his story for a quick payday, and also allegedly because he felt it was the only way to get her help, which would not be forthcoming if this was kept secret. Her other antics have apparently included things like getting wasted and trying to pick up Mariah
Carey during a red carpet event.

In a lot of respects Lindsay was kind of wild to begin with, and when she got a taste of fame and power she kind of went wild with both it, and her personal vices.

A lot of people will laugh at this, but I honestly do think Charlie Sheen is a perfect mentor for her. He's dealt with all of the same things she has been going through, including a sex addiction. Charlie, whether you think he's a mess or not has still managed to build up a massive career, even with those problems. His most recent and famous "explosion" over "Two and a Half Men" wasn't all that out of line actually, he had some very legitimate points, he just went about it the wrong way. That's a show which incidently did make over a billion dollars, and even with that explosion Charlie is still talented enough and has enough of a fan base where he was able to pre-sell his "Anger Management" show to a massive degree, to the point where even if it fails in an absolute sense (which it doesn't seem to be doing) he's still set.

The big question with Lindsay at this point is how talented she actually is, and if she's capable of recovery. To put it bluntly in a lot of the recent pictures of her, she is physically ravaged to a point I don't think i've ever seen Charlie Sheen hitting at his worst (of course maybe the camera didn't catch him at that point). The sex, drugs, stress, and everything else have seriously damaged her looks, and I'm not sure if she'll ever get them back. She could succeed on talent without them, but again it's hard to say if she's that good due to her relatively limited body of work.

I'll also be blunt, typically with actresses the illusion of availibility to men is a big part of their selling point. In Lindsay's case, I think she kind of blew presenting that illusion, since a lot of the self destruction rumors I heard about it made it pretty clear that she's a lesbian, even if she's bi-, she definatly seems to be swinging towards the girl's camp. I think the best thing for her, and probably her career honestly, would be for her to find someone at this point, either a steady girlfriend, or a wife. Mostly because of the stability such a relationship would likely provide. The "damage" already being done she'd benefit most from a long-term anchor. I can see Charlie mentoring her to some extent, but I don't think he'd be capable of being that simply because he has his own career to worry about.

Such are my thoughts.

pearcinator:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

pearcinator:
I hate Anne Hathaway...she seems like the biggest stuck-up bitch.

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong thread...

No...they mentioned Anne Hathaway as a role model. They also mentioned Robert Downey Jr. but I like RDJ. Anne Hathaway on the other hand tries to steal the spotlight in all of her movies (when she's not the main character). She pissed me off in Dark Knight Rises because she thought she was so good. Batman would kick her arse any day of the week.

So you hate her because she played an arrogant, self-important character in a movie and you mistook that for her real personality? Good to know...

OT: Not sure there's really a fair comparison here. Lindsay Lohan started out being great in stuff like the Parent Trap then became one of the biggest trainwrecks in Hollywood.
Shia LeBeouf started out in shitty movies and he's stayed there...

Shocksplicer:

pearcinator:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong thread...

No...they mentioned Anne Hathaway as a role model. They also mentioned Robert Downey Jr. but I like RDJ. Anne Hathaway on the other hand tries to steal the spotlight in all of her movies (when she's not the main character). She pissed me off in Dark Knight Rises because she thought she was so good. Batman would kick her arse any day of the week.

So you hate her because she played an arrogant, self-important character in a movie and you mistook that for her real personality? Good to know...

It's not just that movie. She played 'Agent 99' in Get Smart all wrong. She was meant to be a warm friendly girl who admires Maxwell Smart even though she knows he's a buffoon.

The 2011 oscars which she co-hosted with James Franco was a disaster. She is not a comedy actress...she tries too hard to be funny. Franco seems like a down-to-Earth kind of guy and easy to get along with (albeit a pot-head) but you could plainly see that he didn't really get along well with Anne.

She also has a mouth too big for her face. She might give good head but she won't shut the hell up if you were in a relationship with her.

I still like Shia, he was good in Lawless in my opinion. Lindsey deserved this one hands down.

Always be cast as Iron Man should have quote of the week!

NinthPlanet86:
It's very hard to look at Lindsay Lohan now. Back when she did Mean Girls she was a beautiful young lady. The physical transformation she's undergone in the last few years is as fascinating (from a dangers of drugs point-of-view) as it is truly shocking and awful.

I hope that something good can come from this, which is that she acts as a potent warning to other young actors out there about the dangers of fame. She's not the first to crash and burn - Macaulay Culkin is another example. Kyle could so easily have picked Michael Jackson if the topic had been about celebrities in general.

How bad can she look now?

(Checks Google images)

Holy sh*t! I thought the president had aged badly!

Good god how the hell did the girl from the parent trap turn into THAT?!

Needs more couch-jumping Tom Cruise.

Hmm how about a movie version of romeo and juliet starring this two wonderful actors directed by Michael Bay and produced by M. Night Shyamalan :D

wow. i dont really care for either of them, but you, NoRiteAnswer guys, are dicks indeed for badmouthing ppl like that. ppl who really didn't do anything bad.
On my list, you are way below Lindsay, pal in a red t-shirt whats your name

The difference is that both Robert Downey Jr. and Lindsay Lohan are still hot. Shia is euhhdekjlfreklavsa come on man, make a good film.

Wait, I just saw her pictures, she needs to gain healthy weight and the shit is up with her face?

Am I the only one who spent more time watching the bobbing Hello Kitty than the actual episode?

Urh:

Drazi:
This would easily be won by M. Night Shyamalan.

It was quite the surprise (dare I say a twist?) that he wasn't considered. But I suppose you could do a separate one of these on disappointing directors. Shyamalan vs. Kevin Smith, anyone?

Really? I can understand feeling like Copout and Jersey girl were letdowns (Hell even kevin takes jabs at himself on that front), but I thought that Red State was an interesting film, if not a particularly good one.

I absolutely despise these types of discussion. Celebrity gossip is the lowest form of conversation if you ask me. You seriously couldn't have thought of something with an actual discussion value?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here