The Escapist Presents: The Escapists Blow Up The Death Star!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

It hurts so good!!!
But I think for a next 4th may it would be better to make a X3 machinima
I'm sure there are already SW ships modded in this game
Something like this

Definitely on the "so bad it's good" side of the Force :)

Highlights for me were Susan Arendt's lines with "the dots on the thing", Lisa as Luke whining for R2D2 to do something and Darth Vader's Boston accent.

Susan Arendt:
Actually, that's Janelle as R2D2. :)

You're kidding. I could have sworn that was you just doing a cutesy voice like whenever you talk about your dog or something. Wait, then who were you? Now I need to go back and watch it again.

Actually on reflection, Janelle as the cute little droid makes even more sense in terms of casting.

Luka Skyfoilker.

Obi Wan Benyahtzee.

et al.

I <3 you all.

ALL OF YOU.

Namechangeday:
R2D2/Janelle was sooo cute(Hey guys, I...I think that's your daaa....).
Oh, and Dan, nice stash.

It was majestic, wasn't it?

TheDrunkNinja:

Susan Arendt:
Actually, that's Janelle as R2D2. :)

You're kidding. I could have sworn that was you just doing a cutesy voice like whenever you talk about your dog or something. Wait, then who were you? Now I need to go back and watch it again.

Actually on reflection, Janelle as the cute little droid makes even more sense in terms of casting.

I had so desperately wanted to make an Arendt2D2 joke, but the credits ruined it.

Susan was the radio operator who warned them of the dots... on the thing...

So you guys doing Empire next year? Think the Duel on the Death Star II/Battle of Endor from Return would be more appropriate so as to allow a good amount of the Escapists some screen time.

Either that, or I wouldn't mind seeing more Star Wars parodies here on the Escapist if it were maybe once or twice a month. Think they'd be funny to watch.

canadamus_prime:
That was great. Darth Bob, Dark Lord of the Sith.

I was wondering if Darth Bob was done specifically to play on the term.

There needs to be a word 500000 times more powerful then awesome to describe this video.
A smile was bolted to my face the entire time.
Maybe next year we could get the battle of Hoth?
May the forks be with you.

That was so bad, it was good. Though gotta be fair, it was very nearly bad again.

You guys are some silly bastards

The Reel Physics guys really hit it out of the park!

All I can say is:

That was twelve different kinds of awesomesauce and there were only seven of them known about. One of the best Star Wars parodies I've ever seen, and from Arendt to Sterling, an awesome job by all of you.

It makes me want to install X-Wing. And that takes a lot considering how much I dislike that game.

(Okay, I liked X-Wing, but when I installed TIE Fighter it was light years beyond its predecessor and that's not even factoring in graphics.)

EDIT: For some odd reason I thought Sterling was before Stark. My apologies, Jim your performance cracked me up as much as the rest.

That was dodgy, but awesome!

That was so cheesy, I think my arteries hardened.

After Lisa said, "I'm going in!", I so expected Paul to reply, "That's what he said."

May the farce be with you...

That was...

The cutest thing I've ever seen. I bet you guys had a lot of fun making it, and it has made my day, nice work!

That was laugh out loud hilarious! I bet it was a nerdgasm dream come true for Bob to be Darth Vader hehe
Thank you so much guys for the amazing skit, Ashley's bit was actually my favorite but I'm fast developing a sweet spot for her cheesey dorkiness anyway . (Dont tell my girlfriend!)

Why didn't the imp get any lines? Poor imp D:

How did you come up with the casting order?

lacktheknack:
I had so desperately wanted to make an Arendt2D2 joke, but the credits ruined it.

Susan was the radio operator who warned them of the dots... on the thing...

Holy shit. I'm so disappointed now that she wasn't R2 now for no other reason than to be able to make that pun. Gah.

Yeah, after a second viewing, I realized Susan was one of the operators. Now that I think about it, I don't remember if Princess Leia had many or any lines during that whole sequence other than *concern face*, but yeah the dots line was pretty perfect for her even if the guy saying it really didn't have a name. Wait, what am I saying? It's Star Wars. Everyone in every frame of that film has been named and has at least three novels based solely around them written by Timothy Zahn by now.

You could see the original pilots behind their heads, I just imagined they were sitting on someone's lap.

Also, the casting was perfect, there was never a doubt in my mind that Yahtzee as going to voice Obi Wan, it made too much damn sense not to happen.

The people who think R2D2 sounded like Susan Arendt are crazy.

It was funny.
It did feel like it started off as a LRR sketch. As in it had three crew members...

acex1138:
That was freaking painful to watch.

The great thing is that now that it's been done, it can never return!

Except as a short film during this year's expo.

That was painful.. Like Star Wars Christmas special painful.

That was wonderful guys, loved every bit of it

OlasDAlmighty:
The people who think R2D2 sounded like Susan Arendt are crazy.

Hey, give me some credit. When I heard the "Not the face!" line from Janelle2-D2, to me it sounded nearly identical to whenever Susan starts imitating what she thinks her dog is thinking in almost any given podcat.

I cant help but feel they mistakenly switched moviebob and Yahtzee

Dammit. "Arendt2D2" is genius. I'm kind of ashamed none of us thought of it.

Fortunately, Janelle did such an incredible job as R2 it hardly matters.

That was completely dreadful. It was not even good in a "that's so bad" kind of way. It's was actually pretty insulting to the memory of the once great series. You didn't really add anything to it, you just stood in front of a greenscreen and committed no less than an assault on that scene.

The worst part was probably Darth Vader's iconic voice replaced by MovieBob's incredibly stupid accent. I actually feel sick and you ruined my favorite holiday of the year.

I am so ashamed of all of you right now.

That was so... awful... XD

Well done everyone...

i had to strain myself to force a chuckle... this was a great idea in theory, but the differing comedic styles of each content maker didn't fit this skit at all, except for the LRR crew.

the effort is appreciated and a nice gesture towards the community, however this kind of skit was way beyond the ability of whoever directed it, and the editing was atrocious, the timing for the bad jokes was no where near fitting.

a great idea, i hope that this wont be the last time we get content like this, hopefully with better execution... just be careful you guys don't turn into "that guy with the glasses" team. Despite many of the personalities of the video makers being very appealing, they are not as interesting as the original content they provide, in my opinion.

My favorite Star Wars parody of the year so far. Thanks for capping off a pretty awesome May 4th.

This is Bad with a capital B. But I liked it. I thought Chris was the best.

Keewa:
The Reel Physics guys really hit it out of the park!

Thanks Keewa! We had a great time collaborating with everyone! If you watch our normal show, you know we just couldn't do it with a straight face... we just HAD to be over the top. We kind of expected everyone else to top us but mostly everyone played it straight. It was done in a major hurry and kudos to Paul Goodman for all of his production work on this!

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

That was a fun little diversion to brighten up my day! This kind of stuff is why I love this site.

Hilarious! Happy Star Wars Day.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or