Escape to the Movies: Furious 6

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

unacomn:
Are the end credits leading up to a crossover with Gone in 60 Seconds?

I'd actually like to see that.

Heck, I'll go watch Gone in 60 seconds again. right now.

Let's just say that when you see it you'll go " Well, yeah, of course. That makes perfect sense."

Then you'll be counting the days to FF7 ;)

Mikeyfell:
So... Bob.
You're telling me FF6 is the best one?

hahaha gaming pun.

HA! Well played.

Bob smugly regarding the rest of the audiences enjoyment of something?

has it ever occurred to you that it took you 6 movies for you to give a crap might be the more humerus thing? that you thought your amusement was the big story
is the fact you just don't get it. This isn't a troll, i didn't even put in an insult, there'd be no point.

The Captain from the Raid is in this?... for fuck sake I didn't wanna have to see this.

Grenge Di Origin:

daxterx2005:
Bob enjoying a Fast movie?
Next up is an American Pie movie :D

Or the inevitable Hangover Part 4
But seriously, since this place seems not to care about spoiling Iron Man 3/Star Trek's twist,

can someone spoil me what the post-credits scene is since I'm not watching this film in the first place?

GamemasterAnthony:
Bob...actually...LIKED...a F&F movie?!?

Oh dear crap...the Rapture is upon us! WE'RE ALL BONED!!!

*ducks into a shelter to await the end of everything*

(In all seriousness, though: It's interesting that it took six movies to get it right. I'm not too sure what part 7 will bring, if there really will BE a part 7, but I'm not optimistic.)

I'm surprised too! Am I awake? Is anything around me real anymore? While you're in your bunker, I'll be in the padded-wall room at the loony bin. And there most likely WILL be a 7th one; I watched Michelle Rodriguez on last night's LAst Call with Carson Daly, and she's co-writing it, I think.
Oh, and Bob, thanks for the extended intro music. I want to hear the whole song now at least once in this series, like what Yahtzee did with his theme song on his 100th episode (fwooo!).

demalo:
So that surprise at the end, it was Transformers wasn't it? Come on, it's got to be Transformers.

Karmariffic, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Two intensely stupid franchises together in the same movie?

AntiChrist:
Bob likes a The Fast & The Furious movie?

What has the World come to these days?!

WIth the Xbone, Justin Bieber getting an award for best male artist at the billboard awards and this, I would say the end of the road. The horsemen are on their way.

Awww, no scathing rant on Hangover III? I am disappoint.

Fast Six seems to be getting really good reviews. I might actually have to watch it. Can anyone tell me if it's more or less enjoyable if you've watched none of the other fast and furious movies and know nothing about cars beyond "hey that's a car!"

synobal:
Fast Six seems to be getting really good reviews. I might actually have to watch it. Can anyone tell me if it's more or less enjoyable if you've watched none of the other fast and furious movies and know nothing about cars beyond "hey that's a car!"

I would say that not having watched any of the movies would impact your enjoyment quite a bit. I haven only seen the first one but that alone helped a lot. There are a lot of characters and the movie assumes you know them.

Still; crazy over the top car stunt is crazy over the top car stunt regardless of who does it :)

It's weird how there's so much continuity with this series now. All it needs is to start bringing in some Tokyo Drift characters to round out everything. It'd be weird because Tokyo Drift, unlike all the other movies, was actually focused on street racing and the main characters were more or less "normal people" compared to the crazy super cops and robbers the rest of the series started focusing on.

The title gag and the chicks picture made me laugh. Well done, Bob.

MovieBob likes a Fast and Furious movie? The sky is falling and the seas run red with blood!

Still gonna give this a pass. These kinds of movies have never interested me.

I still doubt that I could enjoy this movie. But I might go see it. I literally couldn't sit through the last 3. I gave up on them halfway through. I did enjoy Tokyo Drift and the first one because they were about illegal street racing. And because I don't really care about the spoilers I had to Google that post ending twist. That actually sounds like fun.

Well time to get down to the video store and get out fast 5. I was going to give up on the series as 4 was such a drop in quality (relatively speaking) and just never got around to 5, I was intrigued if the tank scene was either stupid or awesome.

Well... there's Anakin and Padmé.

Let me guess, Nick "Bad Mother Fucker" Fury appears and wants to talk about Avengers initiative?
THAT would be some twist ending.

Grenge Di Origin:
can someone spoil me what the post-credits scene is since I'm not watching this film in the first place?

Yeah, their cars are actually Transformers. How's that for a twist.

And for the real twist click on the spoiler if you dare.

Talking about beating on a nearly dead cashcow >.>

Magog1:
Bob smugly regarding the rest of the audiences enjoyment of something?

has it ever occurred to you that it took you 6 movies for you to give a crap might be the more humerus thing? that you thought your amusement was the big story
is the fact you just don't get it. This isn't a troll, i didn't even put in an insult, there'd be no point.

Wouldn't have been the first time, I remember the whole Expendible sheep comment he made when it and Scott Pilgram came out(Which was messed up cause I liked Expednibles and Scott Pilgram).

spunkgarglewiwi:

Grenge Di Origin:

Welp...I'm gonna watch F&F 7 just cause of that spoiler.

Urh:

Mikeyfell:
So... Bob.

I guess that means that FF7 will be an unstoppable blockbuster.....

Then FF8 will be a bit bland, while FF9 will be an awesome love letter and swan song to the entire series up to that point.

Could someone tell me what just happened?? It sounded like Bob gave it a solid thumbs up. Have aliens replaced him with a new Bob since last week?? Hey Overlords, what have you done with the real Bob?

spunkgarglewiwi:

Grenge Di Origin:

I had to Google the name, since I didn't know which character that was... and it's from a series I actually haven't watched yet...

But frankly... I can't wait for FF7 now...

Chessrook44:
A pairing with less tangible chemistry? Well let me tell you why I hate sand...

Also, there's six of these movies? Six? And they're making a seventh?! How many movie franchises out there that weren't based on a book series had more than SIX films?!

...ok Star Trek and soon Star Wars, but aside from those...

What comes to mind is: We could have had four to five Eragon movies if they'd actually stuck to the source material instead of making it shallow as hell without depth.

OT: Huh, I guess I may actually watch it if my dad's one friend who's always buying movies gets it.

To me, it will always be The Eggmen, the film where the men look like eggs. Eggmen wearing ugly clothes and stalwartly marching up to the screen. Perhaps they ought to get Mr. Dumpty involved to fill the villain slot?

guessing that the Hangover 3 is bad? like really bad?

Urh:

Mikeyfell:
So... Bob.

which will lead to it being over hyped and spur the FF6 VS FF7 debate for years to come.

>.>

I'm game, just for the confusing it can cause XD

I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies and I'm not about to start with this one.

A pairing with least chemistry than Dom and Letty?

Anakin and Padme
Edward and Bella
Etc.

To answer your questions Bob: Christensen and Portman hands down...it was brutal to watch

CAPTCHA: make a bee-line (describes my reaction to Christensen and Portman's romantic scenes)

Okay everyone, I just got back from reading the big post credits scene on Wikipedia, and I just have to say I was NOT expecting that.

Spoilers ahead here, but when Dom calls a family meeting in his secret underground car bunker that he's totally had this whole time, he announces that they're adding a new member to their ranks, a sleek and gorgeous red car drives into the room, does a kick-ass doughnut and winks at the audience. Yes, winks. Because this particular red car is none other than LIGHTNING ****-MOTHERING MCQUEEN! Man! I was NOT expecting the giant Furious/Cars crossover, but I think it's pretty obvious that F&F7 with Lightning McQueen is going to blow us all away.

Yeah... not interested.

Wake me up when After Earth is out next week.

That might be Shyamalan movie, but it's got Will Smith, the trailer looked good, and it might... it just might... be a return to form for the director.

Yeah... probably not... but still!

Bob has been over exposed to it be shown something horrible enough times and you start to like it.

Maybe Bob got tired of people bitchin at him because he doesn't believe in the "its stupid fun" excuse and decided to actually believe that a movie can just be stupid fun.

Lunar Templar:
guessing that the Hangover 3 is bad? like really bad?

Urh:

Mikeyfell:
So... Bob.

which will lead to it being over hyped and spur the FF6 VS FF7 debate for years to come.

>.>

I'm game, just for the confusing it can cause XD

Big unanswered question - who's going to be F&F's equivalent of Aeris?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here