Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Doomsday Viruses

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Did I see some G-mod Idiot box in there... DASBOCHIT

Dr Mario had doomsday viruses!

Kinda...

I can relate to you Lisa i agree on the soup and so do i burn easilly due to pale skin

DVS BSTrD:
hehe I remember hearing about that WoW plague. Would be funny to see an MMO try something like that on purpose.
Drink plenty of fluids

They did do it on purpose or something similar in Star Wars the Old Republic with the rakghoul disease in some events

Hey whoa, there is nothing wrong with soup.

I don't know how I had no idea that the zombies in Left for Dead for created by a "green flu". I guess I was too busy fending off the hordes of zombies to pay attention to what little plot it was offering.

One clarification: Left 4 Dead does have a story, but in typical Valve fashion, much of it is told through background details and scenery.

Interestingly, Left 4 Dead also has a meta-infection that's passed from player to player: at first only Valve employees had it, and anyone who was infected could pass it on by covering a survivor with Boomer Bile in Versus mode. The "Outbreak" achievement is given for doing this; at time of writing Steam reports that 57.4% of players are infected. Presumably a decent portion of the remaining players have never played Versus.

How did I never hear about the Wow thing? That is CRAZY!

Anyway, another great episode!

Get well soon Lisa!

I'm disapointed that the blacklight virus from Prototype wasn't there

Redem:

It's her show, so, you know, suck it.

I can't be the only one who laughed at that.

I only have one thing to say.
Get well soon, Lisa!
Yeah, I know, it's a short post, but no offense. The last thing I want to do right now is talk about video game diseases, especially after a scintillating conversation with my sister about bodily functions.

Lol. Amazing devotion.

Oh man that was one of the best weeks ever in WoW. Just walk in to Ironforge or Stormwind and bodies eeeeeverywhere. One of the few things I miss about that game is the random madness like that.

Say Lisa,

Okay, I get that since you don't like soup, then you haven't eaten any chicken soup. However, the thing about chicken soup is that it has anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces the swelling of your sinuses and lets your body clear out the build-up of fluids (that you're suffering from).

An alternative to chicken soup would be Advil or Tylenol, which are both anti-inflammatories. The downside there being that they're over-the-counter pharmaceuticals that you probably don't want to get accustomed to taking.

So what you can also try is...pineapple. Also contain anti-inflammatory. Preparing pineapple is super easy to cut up, though I'd suggest about 1/4 pineapple per day.

Cheers

Huh, I'd never heard about that corrupted blood thing before, probably because I don't care all that much about WoW, but that is pretty cool, an actual event in the gameplay mechanics rather than a narrative crutch to explain why there's zombies and mutants hanging around.

Oddly, I love Lisa even more now.

I think the Red Foo and Sky Blu gag actually worked... just... barely.

Also, learn something new every day! The WoW one was actually kind of creepy.

Get well soon!

I thought the The Corrupted Blood Plague was part of one of the expansions, not a glitch.

Nice top 5.

and this instantly becomes one of my favorite videos from her xD

get well soon!

The 1 place was fun and interesting. Others... meh. Just like standart "killing everything for no reason and profit" viruses from anywhere. I belive, the best course for the show is to show things we don't expect or even know about. Like EDF. I'm so happy you showed it to me.

Anyway, get well soon and thanks for the show! :3

Sorry to hear that you're sick, Lisa. Thanx for burping that virus laden "kiss" at us. :D

As soon as she explained the WoW virus I thought that "glitch" was the sort of thing Kross would deliberately come up with.

Ed130:
Get well soon!

I thought the The Corrupted Blood Plague was part of one of the expansions, not a glitch.

Nice top 5.

It was, it was just a little more deadly than Blizzard anticipated. Also, they didn't expect players to deliberately spread it everywhere they could, which they should have because this is the Internet and people are dicks.

BlackStar42:

Ed130:
Get well soon!

Nice top 5.

It was, it was just a little more deadly than Blizzard anticipated. Also, they didn't expect players to deliberately spread it everywhere they could, which they should have because this is the Internet and people are dicks.

I was referring to the Zombie Infestation event in Wrath of the Lich King.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Zombie_Infestation

How have I never heard about that WoW virus? That is all kinds of awesome!

Poor lisa, i think we got the same virus, 12 days here as well :(

Damnit Lisa.
You're even cuter when you're sick.
Now I really feel the urge to give you a hug even though I know I will get sick too.

This is starting to be quite a problem

Yet another time-filling video from the informative Lisa Foiles. She might not be the most attractive woman in the world, but that doesn't matter because she's so frikkin' genuine!
Lisa, you're always a delight to watch. Get well soon!

Pssh, soup is awesome. This series is dead to me. DEAD TO ME! I hope Lisa suffers.

That number 1. Epic lol

Hah, that must have been during one of my WoW breaks. I used to play it off and on. Perfect #1 virus, the one that spread which shouldn't have!

Redem:

I also came here to say that Redlight/Blacklight deserved a spot in this top 5. Moreso than Parasite Eve, anyway.

Lisa, please go see a doctor (Even if they have cold hands). I would hate to lose my weekly dose of excellent top 5. image

good call on the blood virus. i had friends in that plague; we lost some good toons to the graveyard.

Longstreet:
That wow thing was pretty funny though, Thanks for letting us know.

How did they solve it anyway?

"In a game where people can be heroic knights or masterful mages, many leaped at the chance to become Terrorist Tyhpoid Mary. A small Taliban like force of plague-carriers actively fought Blizzard while hiding in the mountains, breaking quarantines and even incubating the plague through server-purges by infecting their own virtual pets then re-infecting themselves. They forced Blizzard into hard server resets, nuking and reinstalling their entire world."

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-dick-moves-in-history-online-gaming/

as i didn't ever play WoW, i laughed my ass off reading this ^^

also, the entire article was a fun read :D (especially #1... oh boy)

Say what you will about Top lists and programs, this one makes me laugh. Thanks Lisa! Hope you feel better soon. =)

Water with edible floaties... huh...

Yep, bad soups are like that. Good ones are mostly ground vegetables instead ^^

Interesting list. I hope you'll feel better soon, dear Lisa. :)

Thank you! I keep telling everyone that soup is not a real food, but they keep treating me like a crazy person. I'm just glad to know what there is another person on this planet who is as crazy sane as I am. Also, thanks for that image of evil soup. Now I know that soup is not only not a food, but it actively trying to eat me too! Although, I do have to say, with regards to Resistance, it is kind of ironic that soup is supposed to make you better and in this case it infected a dude by giving him a monstrous virus. But then again, soup just wants to believe that it's good for you, so as to lull you into a false sense of security!

So, yeah... sane...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or