Xbone Week #3

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Hectix777:
Is this thread really just nothing but snarky comments about a Halo TV series? C'mon, try to have an actual discussion atleast.

OT: I'm going to give it a chance, the thing is produced by Steven Spielberg (the same guy who produced Freakazoid, Pinky &the Brain, and The Animainiacs). Spielberg doesn't do stuff unless he finds something good about it. I think it might be fun to watch, I'm going to give it a chance.

Spielberg hasn't been in top form this last decade. And his recent live-action series reputation isn't all that great. Wait, lemme rephrase that. His recent sci-fi big-budget live-action series reputation isn't all that great.

Terra Nova was godawful. Having his name as one of the selling points for a Halo TV series raises more red flags than green (I'm in the neutral/indifferent camp regarding all things Halo, for what it's worth). Personally, I'd much rather if Spielberg's going to produce anything, it's MORE of Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, etc.

fieryshadowcard:

Hectix777:
Is this thread really just nothing but snarky comments about a Halo TV series? C'mon, try to have an actual discussion atleast.

OT: I'm going to give it a chance, the thing is produced by Steven Spielberg (the same guy who produced Freakazoid, Pinky &the Brain, and The Animainiacs). Spielberg doesn't do stuff unless he finds something good about it. I think it might be fun to watch, I'm going to give it a chance.

Spielberg hasn't been in top form this last decade. And his recent live-action series reputation isn't all that great. Wait, lemme rephrase that. His recent sci-fi big-budget live-action series reputation isn't all that great.

Terra Nova was godawful. Having his name as one of the selling points for a Halo TV series raises more red flags than green (I'm in the neutral/indifferent camp regarding all things Halo, for what it's worth). Personally, I'd much rather if Spielberg's going to produce anything, it's MORE of Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, etc.

Fair point, but as we've seen in Forward Unto Dawn, Halo as some form of cinematic or television series does have potential. Besides Speilberg is just producing it, he's not going to be in the director's seat or on the writing staff, he's just the Executive Producer, and I don't even know what they really do (but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with making money or giving money). I'll give it a chance until I see the rest of this project's roster and than judge it.

I like how the last one TOTALLY says "DOOM".. hahahaha Halo had to trilogy,Evolve,Reach, to get to "DOOM"? hahahahahaha!~ I'll take my Tribes:Ascend, and UT2K4, thankyouverymuch!~

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here