Zero Punctuation: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Winston Churchill rules. Personally, my favorite quote of his:

"Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your wine!"-Lady Astor

"Ma'am, if you were my wife, I would drink it."-Winston Churchill

Wyatt:

pinkgothic:
In that case, I'd like to reveal to you a pivotal truth of debates, in honest hope it may help you on your way: insulting people does not tend to make them listen to your actual discussion points. With the exception of a handful of people (to which I may or may not belong - but aspire to), you might as well save your breath... you merely anger them, you won't get your point across, and so everyone loses.

close Pink but not close enough, THEE pivotal truth of debates isnt to change the mind of the 'enemy' its to help those on the side lines whome havent yet formed an opinion to form that opinion in agreement with what you are saying.

a debate needs at a minimum, 3 things, those being 2 (or possably more) 'sides' to a given topic and the third being a neutral croud that can be talked too. the GOAL of the debate is to sway the croud not to change the minds of your opponants. after all if someone chooses to make a stand their mind is generaly allready made up. my mind is made up about console's , so is yours, so is pretty much anyone else here whos got anything to actualy say about the subject, the 'debate' is for all the unwashed masses and ranks of the PC gaming master race whome havent commited to one side or another yet to get well infomed and at times funny conversation about the subject.

MY goal in debate is to get some of those console tards that dont know they are tards yet because they havent been educated to try PC gaming and relize that their dull misserable lives can become shining examples of intelligence and good breeding by choosing a PC over the peons consoles. my goal is NOT to convince hardened sinners that sloping through the mud of life tugging their flop and flail WII-mote behind them is a bad idea. some people just like living in the muck.

*takes a bow*

thank you and goodnight

*worships and clings to your leg* =^0^=

haha rasisum is fun. brilliant review made me crack up with laughter fingers crossed for DMC this week or next

Indigo_Dingo:
I don't get it. Yahtzee is saying that this game is bland, and doesn't push the envelope. O.k., I haven't played the game, so I don't know. However, he's also accusing it of heavy duty racism. I dunno about you, but to me, that sounds like really pushing the envelope. That sounds like attaching the envelope to the front of a bullet train.

Ummmm....You don't listen to much comedy do you?

DreamerM:
Just about everything everywhere is predominantly male oriented.

... Except giving birth.

fffanatic06:

Indigo_Dingo:
I don't get it. Yahtzee is saying that this game is bland, and doesn't push the envelope. O.k., I haven't played the game, so I don't know. However, he's also accusing it of heavy duty racism. I dunno about you, but to me, that sounds like really pushing the envelope. That sounds like attaching the envelope to the front of a bullet train.

Ummmm....You don't listen to much comedy do you?

Yes, yes I do. And while its funny, it does seem more than a bit hypocritcal. He is a "comedian", but also a reviewer.

a little hard on such a great game, no? anyway, always good for a laugh.

twotrees517:

DreamerM:
Just about everything everywhere is predominantly male oriented.

... Except giving birth.

I see your birth and raise you Arnold Schwarzenegger in Junior

Ah, sounds like Naughty Dog's joined up with Capcom in presenting obnoxious heroic all American characters who go around killing every non-American around them.

Very good review, Yahtzee. I loved your demonstration of Quick Time Events.

haha i simply cant resist

check this video out. lmao this review reminded me of this movie.. lol
White Boys / Black Boys - Musical Hair

i registered just to say that i'm surprised and happy to see that you are attractive - like really attractive - also thank Goddess you are a gamer who isn't fat or chubby - keep up the great work!

QueerBiNatureNYC:
i registered just to say that i'm surprised and happy to see that you are attractive - like really attractive - also thank Goddess you are a gamer who isn't fat or chubby - keep up the great work!

Why is it that everytime we talk about a "gamer", everyone thinks of a fat kid or a skinny eye-glassed akne nerd? (Nothing wrong with glasses, I have ones too)

Can't gamers be attractive and cool-looking (like the Asians)?

Like hell I use the comp. sometimes 8 hours a day, I'm only 14, and weight 56kg btw.

But who was the guy who threw the bottle??? (Don't jerk me by quoting an answer from pages 2-7) Also, what would you guys think of a few second clip at the end where we hear Yahtzee failing some part of his review...his reputation WOULD suffer a little bit. But hey, it would be as interesting as hell. There is no way he can (or maybe he CAN, due to the fact that he is actually an ALIEN with a speed-speaker installed in the throat) read all the review stuff without a single mistake.

your funny as hell you make me shit myself laughing

i must say that one must be one of my personal favs. White Power!

elkelvo:
your funny as hell you make me shit myself laughing

a little intelligence in a post wouldn't go amiss.

The quick time events you are describing are the ones from PoP:TTT.

Rock band is pretty good but if you really think about it all music games have terrible music on them (for the most part) and like he said about super smash bros. brawl it is a great party game until you realize that you have to unlock half of the songs.

I usually agree fully with Yahtzee's reviews. But on this occasion I think he has been a bit harsh on Uncharted. Maybe it's just me, but I really enjoyed this game. It has some interesting twists and turns, a great plot (even if it was inspired by countless other adventure films) and the attention to detail, scenery and characters look stunning.

Then again, I absolutely loved Heavenly Sword too, which again Yahtzee didn't really approve of ;)

the review was great but- were was your hat lol

And after so long you finally show your face... and i thought you were gonna be a completely anon game reviewer... someone who talks through a character that looks like a crack head. :P

Review no workie no more? Anyone else get cut off at around the 54 second mark?

wow was that you yahtzee?
i thought you'd look younger actually O_o
the scary thing is you look like my cousin, cept he's more blondey

still, really funny review ^-^

Only portal... only portal.

This game was awesome.

Yahtzee looks well mint!
And I was literally doing what im about to say now when you had to dodge that thing that attacked you!..

... i was Rolling On the Floor, Laughing..

~~~

"I will die or turn evil" hahahahahahahahahahahahaha priceless!

There should be a shirt that says "I will die or turn evil" on it. I'd buy it

still surprised they haven't added that to the store i would buy it.

Whats with all the old ZP resurrections!?

It's 2009, there isn't any new content so we are re releasing the old ones.

You sly bloody dog, switching to real-life. You know most of the female viewers are going to focus more on that little segment than the actual review. (Talk about a self-esteem booster, har har har [in your own words].)

And yes, you aren't at all what I had imagined. While I hadn't imagined a disgusting blob with grease stains on his shirt (you just don't seem the type, most people like that can't even hold onto a controller or work a computer, yet you manage to do both), but I hadn't expected so much...hair... I blame your little animations for that.

Moving on: the review.

You're not the first person with whom I've talked to be completely and utterly dissatisfied with the game, most of my coworkers share the same sentiment. I've never played the game, but now I'm intrigued to rent it just to see for myself how racially demeaning it is. However, you said it didn't push any envelopes, but over here in the United States, racism is very much still alive, if not in the underground, and a game like this would at least create some sparks (and I'm surprised it hasn't already). Either that, or people on this side of the Pacific just don't give a shit either way and are too comatose to actually pay attention to a game.

But maybe I'm just biased.

I just realized something... I am one of those girlfriends that secretly want to fuck you... Considering I'm completely male, and straight makes me question my attraction towards you even more... I think I might need professional help. >.>

It's freaky to hear that voice come out of that mouth, you sound so much older and I'm used to you having no mouth or arms(and have extremely visible contours along with being white as a gamer ghost with white paint that never has seen the sun)

Wow...Yahtzee has a moustache?

And you guys say you thought he'd look older, I thought he'd be younger! That voice sounds 19-25-type, but he looks about 28-33 type, and not just because of the mou.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here