The Escapist Demographic Survey

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Oh, well, my badge is here - and I like it!

Long survey... but I'm a sucker for 'em...

Unfortunately this opportunity is currently only open to English speaking countries. However, as a token of our appreciation, you will automatically be eligible for a special Participation Badge on The Escapist and WarCry for completing our survey.

So, will us non-native English speakers actually get a badge for (for honesty if nothing else)?
Or should I just lie to the computer if I really, really, want one?

I despise how this survey asks for so much personal information. I like to keep that kind of thing to myself...
I'm just highly paranoid, is all.

Please indicate my annual household income before taxes?

Before taxes?

This suggests that I am required to

A) Know what on Earth the tax rates are, what with Brown changing his mind on something that indirectly seems to affect me every other week.

B) Not live in my own little fantasy world, entitled 'Qayin's Happy Place', in which there are no special dollys or lawyers.

"If you live in a council flat... beside a river... but are not blind... WHAT? WHAT?! What is your mother's maiden name? What's her first name? I just knew her as Ma! Ma! That'll have to do. Ma... possibly deceased."

That said, I know the answer, but come on, a few...some...most of this site is populated by people with some kind of disorder of the mind.

Also, I have no idea how your silly American education system works - which one means I'm an academic and spiritual genius?

Qayin:

"If you live in a council flat... beside a river... but are not blind... WHAT? WHAT?! What is your mother's maiden name? What's her first name? I just knew her as Ma! Ma! That'll have to do. Ma... possibly deceased."

Bernard, have you finished your accounts?
No, I've made them into a fashionable jacket.

I love my new badge. Speaking of which, hey, Singing Gremlin, how'd you get that 'Thanks!' badge? I've seen a lot of unusual badges like that pop up lately.

A decent survey, and hey look at that, another badge!

But... I'm swedish, and I have opinions, too!

Anton P. Nym:

Spinwhiz:
make sure this email (support@playinsights.com) is marked as part of your safelist and not going directly to your spam folder.

No-joy in the email account I left on the survey... I even sifted through the spamtrap (hunh, I didn't know that ShamWow indulged in quite that vigorous a UCE campaign) and found nothing from playinsights.com.

Either I missed it earlier or it's slow getting to me, but I now see the playinsights email. It did get shunted into my spam folder; I'll click on the acceptance link now.

-- Steve

Vanguard1219:

Spinwhiz:
They are coming out in waves guys. Basically, I get the info from our partner, I do a little dance, wave my magic wand, feed Mr. Fusion and hopefully a couple badges pop up. :)

We'll be getting to a bunch more on Monday. Have a great weekend!

You do it in waves, eh? That explains a lot. I guess that's what I get for choosing an alias that starts with a "V".

LOL, actually it depends more on when you did the survey. We are working with our partner to get a bunch of badges out today.

Spinwhiz:
Basically, I get the info from our partner, I do a little dance, wave my magic wand, feed Mr. Fusion and hopefully a couple badges pop up. :)

And by "do a little dance, wave my magic wand, feed Mr. Fusion" he means he forwards the list to my team :P

Virgil:

Spinwhiz:
Basically, I get the info from our partner, I do a little dance, wave my magic wand, feed Mr. Fusion and hopefully a couple badges pop up. :)

And by "do a little dance, wave my magic wand, feed Mr. Fusion" he means he forwards the list to my team :P

Damnit Virgil...it was supposed to be all MYSTICAL like!

I still haven't gotten my badge yet, wtf guys??

doxcology:

We are still working on getting the badges out to everyone. We aren't going to NOT give people one when they competed a survey. Just waiting back from our partner company to cross reference all our info.

Spinwhiz:

doxcology:

We are still working on getting the badges out to everyone. We aren't going to NOT give people one when they competed a survey. Just waiting back from our partner company to cross reference all our info.

Oh alright.

Okay peeps, next wave of badges have been given out. If you didn't receive one, please check your junk mail and make sure you responded to our friends at Play Insights.

If you still didn't receive one, we are formulating a way to get you your badge.

Thanks for your patience...

Spin

That was a long one, but fun.

Stupid, stupid stupid. It doesnt count Ireland as an english-speaking country lol, Ireland wasnt in the list of countries, when i clicked ''other'' it said ''Unfortunately this opportunity is currently only open to English speaking countries''...

wait so if im from israel i cant take the survey????

Well, I did my part. Hope it helps. (Since I'm sooo important:)

I filled it out last week, but didn't get a badge or anything. :-\

Took the survey a few days ago. Didn't get badge. Can't retake it because I already used my e-mail. Busy crying.

Edit: Huzzah for our lovable overlords! My tears have dried and all is right with the world once more!

Badges? Badges!? We don't need no stinking badges!
(please tell me I'm the first person in the thread to use that line)

I did this one merely for you guys, it sucked really bad D:

Eruanno:
But... I'm swedish, and I have opinions, too!

Indeed, so am I and so do I. A lot. English is our second language, and the absolute majority of the Swedish people could be considered bilingual; we are very familiar with the English language. I am better at English than Swedish in some ways. A really bad choice to limit it like this. Makes me angry, it does. >:3
(yes, I am aware there's a bunch of legal floppity-blah)

Shucks, I'm not from one of those countries ><

Spinwhiz:

Allan Foe:

Am I stupid, blind? Both?
I hope someone can help me find the "Change Email" option or at least a tech help section of the forums which also eludes mine sight.

Would you be so kind to send a PM to Virgil for me about that? I'll bring it up as well.

Thanks!
Spin

I was wondering if there was any kind of answer for this one.

TheBlueRabbit:

Spinwhiz:

Allan Foe:

Am I stupid, blind? Both?
I hope someone can help me find the "Change Email" option or at least a tech help section of the forums which also eludes mine sight.

Would you be so kind to send a PM to Virgil for me about that? I'll bring it up as well.

Thanks!
Spin

I was wondering if there was any kind of answer for this one.

Hmm...good question. I will bring it up to him when I see him again on Monday

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or