Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Legacy of Rogues

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Actually playing Soulsilver at the moment, I will not be able to face Whitney without that poem in my head. Screw it lets have Kanye West version.

This really is awesome stuff. I didnt get Jims this week. Some pokemon stuff I guess? Never got into that. Too old I guess, plus the animation was just godawful.

So Jim what was the bet that you lost?

Oh Jim, something about that's just downright unsettling.

At first I thought, "Jim, what's happened to you? You've got sun!"

A minute later I was moving along to the rather disturbing rhythm he set up about this whole milk...tank? At least it was damn catchy!

Seriously Jim, I worry about you when you come into contact with direct sunlight.

Jim has completely lost his mind. . . and it is glorious!

I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Thanks, Jim! Good lords, I had no idea poetry could make me laugh my ass off while being terrified outright.

I find myself udderly in awe of Jim's talent. His poem milked the subject for all it was worth. No bull, I am cowed by his talent! Jim is out standing in his field...

Zachary Amaranth:

Imp Emissary:
I assume Yahtzee's is a reference to a game that has a story about a family line of adventures(or just game adventures in general) who all get killed in the same castle. Pretty good.

And Jim's......Was meant to be kind of disturbing in a funny way.
o_0 Well, it was funny. In a way....

Yahtzee was referencing roguelikes, hence the title. Jim was clearly off his meds. >.>[quote="Stryker"

No. He was referencing the game Rogue Legacy. Which is a "roguelite".

And it's not really a roguelike. It's more a procedurally-generated, metroidvania game where every time you die the castle you've been looting is rearranged and the money collected can be used to upgrade weapons, or magic, or improve stats and gain new character types or abilities. And then the next generation with humorous names and physical traits invades the castle again.

It's a fun game and has already sucked ten or so hours out of my life and I haven't even killed the first boss yet. But
I really think roguelike shouldn't be used as a catchall for 'permadeath' games. There is a word for permadeath. It's permadeath. The original ASCII based 'Rogue' had permadeath, but it was also a turnbased survival RPG game on a grid.
'Rogue Legend' is an action-platformer with quasi-permadeath where the goal is to earn enough money to level your character enough to perhaps get a little further with the next character.

Well... Milktank, guess Jim's gone down the abyss of madness, and it seems like he'll keep falling through, I love it, in a really twisted way though

Imp Emissary:
I assume Yahtzee's is a reference to a game that has a story about a family line of adventures(or just game adventures in general) who all get killed in the same castle. Pretty good.

Rogue Legacy, yes, thus the name "Legacy of Rogues".

That was a excellent performance Yahtzee, and Jim, um g-good job, yes good job.

I believe Jim's was a reference to the pokemon "amie" that's going to be in gen 6. For those uninformed, "Amie" is a term that's the linguistic equivalent of sedimentary stone, but comes out as basically "loving affection." As a game type, an "Amie" is a sort of game where you touch the target of your loving affection, which is popular in the hentai community.

bandit0802:
I think Yahtzee was referring to Dark Souls or something like that. Roguelikes. Hence "Legacy of Rogues".

Dark Souls isn't a rogue like o.o

Groverfield:
I believe Jim's was a reference to the pokemon "amie" that's going to be in gen 6. For those uninformed, "Amie" is a term that's the linguistic equivalent of sedimentary stone, but comes out as basically "loving affection." As a game type, an "Amie" is a sort of game where you touch the target of your loving affection, which is popular in the hentai community.

Amie is also french for friend. I thought that's where they got the term from.

The way Jims hands trembled before he begun reading.... perfect. very well done, you never cease to amaze me Jim.
I found yathzees poen lacking this week sadly :(

Hah, I'd say Jim certainly wins the Rhyme portion of the contest this time. Yahtzee gets content.

I'm hoping for a poem of Gardevoir next :)

I'm gonna look it up first online, but I think Croshaw just successfully sold me Rogue Legacy.

Yahtzee's poem was quite awesome, since I had similar experience while playing Rogue Legacy so it was quite spot on.

Jim's on the other hand... I just don't know what to say really, but it was quite disturbing.

Well. Ah... hmm. Jim's poem certainly had more ... impact. Eurgh, brain bleach, please. And could somebody please alert the authorities? I'm afraid for the ... Wait, Jim lives in Mississippi, doesn't he? ... As a Confederate expat, I approve this message! If anybody needs to learn to take a joke and let bygones be bygones it's the South.

Anyways >.> I've been eying Rogue Legacy for some time now. I guess I have no excuse, anymore.

o.0 ... the hell Jim, you lose a bet or something? What happen D:

Clovus:
I cannot tell if I'm breaking a running joke in the thread by pointing out that the game Yahtzee was poeming about was "Rogue Legacy".

Yeah, I'm really hoping that was a bunch of people intentionally kidding, and not just that ignorant to what Rogue Legacy is.

Jim... I don't... I... can't stop laughing... ahah... oohh... that hurt.

FightingFurball:
I'm hoping for a poem of Gardevoir next :)

Is it creepy if you can have a conversation with her...? I mean, she is a Psychic type... or Psychic/Fairy now.

Not actually the creepiest milk-related thing I've ever seen... That would be the end of Melody of Oblivion. (If you've seen it, you know...)

I just bought Rogue Legacy today, and I must say, it is quite enjoyable.

I've come to believe that Jim's madness is held in with his glasses and hat. Remove them and the insanity leaks forth from his eyes and scalp.

I also feel inclined to purchae Rogue Legacy with my next paycheck

Did no one else go into Jim's poem (admittedly, halfway through) with the narrative that he's been fighting Whitney, her Miltank used attract, and Jim is infuriated that he was hypno-forced to write a saucy love poem?

I mean, I don't know if that's the case, but it feels like the obvious answer.

Alar:
Jim... I don't... I... can't stop laughing... ahah... oohh... that hurt.

FightingFurball:
*picsnip

Is it creepy if you can have a conversation with her...? I mean, she is a Psychic type... or Psychic/Fairy now.

I have a buddy who is kinda weirdly into Gardevoir. I still haven't determined if it's sexual or not, because he's... odd that way. But I wouldn't want to listen in on their conversations. I mean, with a lot of people, you know to expect the typical rape-y mindspeaks, but with him... Better the devil you know, and all that.

bandit0802:
I think Yahtzee was referring to Dark Souls or something like that. Roguelikes. Hence "Legacy of Rogues".

It's a game called Rogue Legacy.

Tel_Windzan:
Yeah, I can see how the descendents in Rogue Legacy might be questioning on whether or not they really should go on in the castle. Especially my line considering that I'm over 200+ descendents in now and New Game+ is probably going to triple that amount once I beat the final boss again. So yeah, that must be some radical devotion the family has to keep running into that place!

By the way, Jim's poem kind of scares me a bit...Granted, I supposed some of those things are innocent what with milk drinking and cheese eating and possibly using Miltank in your Pokemon party, but I really hope it doesn't expand out any further than that. And if it does, uh, good for the both of you?

over 200? o.o i'm on new game 7 now and have 150 children. And i felt i was doing pretty bad.

qeinar:

Tel_Windzan:
Yeah, I can see how the descendents in Rogue Legacy might be questioning on whether or not they really should go on in the castle. Especially my line considering that I'm over 200+ descendents in now and New Game+ is probably going to triple that amount once I beat the final boss again. So yeah, that must be some radical devotion the family has to keep running into that place!

By the way, Jim's poem kind of scares me a bit...Granted, I supposed some of those things are innocent what with milk drinking and cheese eating and possibly using Miltank in your Pokemon party, but I really hope it doesn't expand out any further than that. And if it does, uh, good for the both of you?

over 200? o.o i'm on new game 7 now and have 150 children. And i felt i was doing pretty bad.

I never claimed to be the best at Rogue Legacy! Especially when I have a mob of enemies charging at me? I get really bad in terms of how I play the game. Also, I blame those eyeball enemies as those guys just suck.

Though that's pretty cool that you got up to New Game +7! Congratulations (If congratulations are in order)!

-Dragmire-:
Amie is also french for friend. I thought that's where they got the term from.

You're right, it is, specifically a female friend. That's the origin of it, but if you were to mention an "Amie" as a gametype, that's what you'd be left with.

Tel_Windzan:

qeinar:

Tel_Windzan:

I never claimed to be the best at Rogue Legacy! Especially when I have a mob of enemies charging at me? I get really bad in terms of how I play the game. Also, I blame those eyeball enemies as those guys just suck.

Though that's pretty cool that you got up to New Game +7! Congratulations (If congratulations are in order)!

Not really that hard, i've done 4-7 on 1 life. : p assasin with full slayer = op. When i get to the end of new games (i don't know if there is one) i wanna try and beat the game in 10 children or something like that. : P

Yahtzee was referring to Rogue Legacy.
I thought his was better until Jim's line "Gianna Michaels in lots of leather"
Marry me Gianna!
Or Sophie Dee.
Or Bree Olson.
Or Eve Laurence.

Or Daisy Marie.
Or August Nights.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook