Jimquisition: The Shi!*iest Games of 2013

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

The Maya didn't predict that the world was going to end last year. For them the said date was a day of reflection and celebration. The whole end of the world thing was a "westerner" concept that was plugged in. Then again that wasn't the point of the video (or was it?)

OT (or is it?): I'm also surprised that Sim City didn't get added to this list. I can't recall a time that many of us were foaming at the mouth because of how EA ('scuse me "Maxis") wanted it released.

T_ConX:

Two-A:
What exactly was bad about Gone Home? I'm not lashing out or anything (I haven't even played it), I'm just curious.

Well that was informative, thank you. (I'm kind of tempted to buy it, just to see what it's about, but only if I see on offer.)

Happy New Year, Escapist community.

Sarge034:

nykirnsu:
Snip

"Merle and Daryl (Daryl and Merle?) in a video game... What could be better?" I think. I can understand Rooker just fine most of the time but the clip seemed compressed or just a hair too short.

I assume they're characters from the show? I'm not a Walking Dead fan but that would make sense.

nykirnsu:
I assume they're characters from the show? I'm not a Walking Dead fan but that would make sense.

Oh. Yeah they are and they are also the main protagonists of the game. Rooker plays Merle in TWD (and might voice him in the game) and Daryl is his brother in the show/game.

Is it even fair to put mobile games in the same space as retail releases? Not that those games are good or need defending, but since they exist in a market filled with things that can barely be considered games or knock offs of better games, its hard to consider these games "the worst" instead of "the ones Jim happened to try to play".

Also, it is kind of unfair to compare an Aliens mobile game with an Aliens full price game.

Finally, its hard to blame "the state of the AAA industry" on a mobile game a handful of people did as an afterthought.

PsychedelicDiamond:
Kinda surprised that Batman: Arkham Origins wasn't among them. Other than that pretty agreeable.

Since when is Origins a bad game? I haven't played it, but from what I heard, aside from reusing half the map from the previous game, and generally not adding much to it, it was still a great game just like Arkham City, just really really lacking in innovation.

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

PsychedelicDiamond:
Kinda surprised that Batman: Arkham Origins wasn't among them. Other than that pretty agreeable.

Since when is Origins a bad game? I haven't played it, but from what I heard, aside from reusing half the map from the previous game, and generally not adding much to it, it was still a great game just like Arkham City, just really really lacking in innovation.

I haven't played it myself but i remember Jim giving it a pretty scathing review back on Destructoid.

PsychedelicDiamond:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

PsychedelicDiamond:

I haven't played it myself but i remember Jim giving it a pretty scathing review back on Destructoid.

Oh, well I don't go on Destructoid, so that'd explain that.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here