Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

your subliminal propaganda about you not being racist only makes stronger my will to believe that you are an half british half australian KKK member that wears robes made of aligator skin, drink tea from cups made of *N word* skulls

Oh man, I remember when moviebob first talked about 50 Cent Games on his Youtube channel and I was all, please tell me they do not really have an f-ing 50 Cent game. And then you reviewed it and I was like OMG because I knew it would be beating the piss out of two things I hate: popular rap and boring shooters based around pretending you're out slaughtering people from the Middle East.

Also, I loved your whole bit about what a blog sounds like, I kept imagining some sort of adorably ugly sea slug thing. <3

Is anyone else having troubles watching it? It keeps getting stuck on the adverts that show right before it plays.

Northover32:
<<<Not Racist haha took so long to pause it at the right time.

that last part was just like the southpark with Mr. Garrison when they scare all the black people out of town... haha if you've seen it you'll understand.

I understand.

Good ZP, as always (for the 900th time this thread)

EPIC END

I love the joke at the end. Just like that episode of South Park.

Oh my, my, my. That was funny. My favorite parts, "unfunny soapbox bit" and "the lazy ni..."

Still, I think a diamond encrusted skull would be pretty kick ass to own

what was with the flashing image

Ahh my eyes, the sublimnal messages, they burn!

Good review yahtzee.

One thing about this 50 cent game is that I hate this game. Not because of the gameplay or the game itself, but because Activision decided to publish this piece of crap rather than let Ghostbusters or Brutal Legends get published.

Greedy bastards of Activision.

Activision is a perfect example that Yahtzee just described in the video.

Activision has more money than anything thanks solely due to them owning Blizzard and World of Warcraft and they still want more. They sit here and say "we didn't publish such-and-such game because it won;t make money from sequels."

Not bad, he stole the ending from South Park though.
Enjoyed this a lot more than previous ones.

end was epic win, and the review in general was very good.
Keep up the good work.
//Fan

loved this one the subliminal images reminded me of cobert report in which the host would once in a while show himself with a hand on the shoulder of some black guy and giving the thumbs up to prove he isnt racist and then to top it all off pulling the south park style ending with the lazy ni... was priceless i enjoyed this one alot.

as for the game its self i am amazed at what good reviews this game is getting after how bad the last one was but i guess they got people this time that knew what they were doing when they made the game though sadly looking at your review they probably didnt have control of the content or it may have been even better.

mokes310:
Is anyone else having troubles watching it? It keeps getting stuck on the adverts that show right before it plays.

It looks like there was a hiccup with the ad provider, it's being looked into right now. ;)

hippo24:

Silverwebsurfer:
wow everyone gets a little worked up when someone almost says the word n***** don't they? Its not really that funny, I get that it is used in an ironic way, and I respect Yahtzee for going there. but people snickering about a joke that basically goes 'oh have you noticed how lazy black people are' then saying oh i didn't really mean it is pretty base if you ask me.

Your treading on thin ice...
You dont have a sensationalist front to hide behind, but I really vould care less in ither scenario.

you are right of course... You see my point though?
also for the record i thought the episode was fucking hilarious

Sir Isaac:

mike1921:
"nig-" Classic.
Him insulting the politically correct was also great.

I think he was insulting racists with that line, otherwise it wouldn't be satire.

Politically correct, racist, same thing.

That was totally worth the three browser restarts, several dozen ctrl+F5s and eventual cache clear that it took to get it to work.

Oh the subliminal messages~ I had to pause it at the right time to see what it actually said. Made me giggle a little. Yes you're not racist.... Or is that at ploy to trick us? Oooh, that'd be a bit of a mind fuck. Hmm... -ponders on it-

This sort of surprised me, but okay.

NOT RACIST

I see subliminal messaging! :o

thecaptainof:
That was totally worth the three browser restarts, several dozen ctrl+F5s and eventual cache clear that it took to get it to work.

yeah, i have trouble to, to run his vids. sometimes it does not work at all.

great review. it is so clear that this kind of games are crap.

I think he played up that "not racist" "joke" a bit much, as well as the painfully obvious "punch l-" at the end.

Other than that, a fair review.

You fucking cr-!

Like the series finale to sopr-

Lazy Nig... \m/

Is it just me or does the subliminal picture look like yahtzee's face has been photoshopped on there?

I laughed despite myself.

But Yahtzee's not racist. The subliminal's told me so.

Subliminal messaging <3

Best ZP in a while. Good job!

OMFG I about fell out of my chair that was worth the time. Those lazy nig...oh god brilliant. xD

Awesome, at first the wrapping up part worried me because it was so rainbows and sunshine and unwashed dreaded people singing "We are the World" then it was Yahtzeed.
<3

Sir Isaac:

mike1921:
"nig-" Classic.
Him insulting the politically correct was also great.

I think he was insulting racists with that line, otherwise it wouldn't be satire.

I think those were referring to two separate parts of the vid. The PC comment is referring to the lemon-head guy.

Very true though. How much would race be a factor if PC people weren't talking about it so much? I know racism is still around, but I think it's way less than PC people think it is.

Good review as allways but i still want you to give killzone 2 a chance

He made alot of excellent comments on the rap industry and political correctness in the same review...that's pretty impressive, excellent job, I enjoyed that Yahtzee actually got a little deep while still keeping the funny.

Hmmm...I don't know what to say. It was abit funny, but not a huge "OMG!!!THIS IS LOL!!! ROFL!!! YAHZTEE U IS GOD!!!!111" thin', it was a simple "Hehe...Yeah that's funny abit" thin'. Maybe it's just 'cause he picked the game, I mean it's a game that has 50 Cent in it, murderin' people because of some crystal made skull. It's already a joke as it is, you can't possibly make it even more funnier. It's like tryin' to make fun of an Uwe Boll movie, but they're so bad that there's just no point in it. The only people who would actually call this a game are 50 fans an morons who play GoW and Halo 24/7.

Another cheap shot. If Yahtzee has a problem with Killzone 2, why doesn't he just come up with a review and say it? This is the second time that he has mentioned Killzone 2 to promote crappy games like House of the Dead Overkill and 50 cents. What I don't get is why is it that well thought out, polished games always get so much scorn, while games that are sloppily done and stupid get praises just because they admit to being stupid.If someone came up to you and admitted that he was a retarded jackass, would it make him any less of one because he admitted it? So because House of the Dead Overkill cussed and crassed it's way to fame that means we should be giving it awards and praises. Lots of people work their asses of to make a game that is polished and well done only to have it ignored. Then some idiot comes also and makes some half-ass piece of garbage and gets praises for being stupid, brainless and violent. Gamer logic astounds me to no end.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here