Marc Ecko Creates the World's Ugliest Halo T-Shirts

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Needs more photoshop filters imo

They look like a robot threw up on them.
He could have done a lot better if he didn't make them so cluttered.
But I have a reputation to uphold, a reputation that would be squandered by even touching Halo merchandise, so these tshirts were never an option to me.

You know, I thought the yellow one was kind of ok, until I saw the "Pwn" on the shoulder.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Marc Ecko is a grade-A douche. Remember, kids, he called anyone who complained that his game was buggy "whiners".

Good grief. The hell with that.

Master cheif looks like a bunny...hehe

Blaaaaaaaaaaaghh. This is horrid. I'd sooner direct my grandma to goatse (if you don't know for the love of all that is good and holy DON'T GOOGLE) than recommend this to anyone, even someone I hate.

This is an insult to sugared up 12 year olds.
I'm not a fan of Halo, but this, this crosses the line.

If i wasnt already ashamed to be a Halo fan with all the pricks playing online and ignorant fools proclaiming it some sort of ultra game on some websites, this has officially sealed the deal... i dont think ill ever suggest Halo at a party anymore because doing so will just bring back the memory of the monstocity i just saw...

VoltySquirrel:
It may look bad to you, but if you see half of the things teens wear these days, and it would look perfectly acceptable.

No.
No.

Just because Hitler isn't as bad as Stalin doesn't mean he wasn't a dick.
If you understand my meaning.

Those are incredibly ugly.
But then, I'd never be caught dead wearing a t-shirt with designs on it.

The "Seek and Destroy" one isn't too bad. Still, I wouldn't wear these unless you paid me.

whats annoying is these will probably *prepare for cliche* sell like hotcakes!! thanks to fanboys anything halo brand will be treated like clothing stiched by *insert all knowing being of choice*

Seems to me that someone has trouble with the art of K.I.S.S....

sunami88:
*Sigh*, you guys are right. Guess I hadn't quite woken up when I posted that (been sleepwalking all day).

Still though, I'm a self-proclaimed Halo fanboy, and I think those things are even worse than the Todd Mcfarlane controllers...

They cant be worse than these ugly things

i certainly wont buy or wear them, but ive seen much worse; i mean really, go into a backwoods gas station and check out their wardrobe options, better yet go to a large mall and check out those items being pushed, i have seen much worse

Okay this one isn't that bad but those shirts are still pretty damn ugly.

MaxTheReaper:
Those are incredibly ugly.
But then, I'd never be caught dead wearing a t-shirt with designs on it.

I'm calling that a challenge. :D

Sigel:
Yuck-I would not get one even if they were free and came with a puppy.

but thats a free puppy that could rip up the shirt and you have a free cute puppy!

i never gotten the whole fan tshirt thing, but i kinda liked the yellow one if they removed master chief and the words like "pwn" and the ecko store and allot of other stuff, actually i think i might just like the color yellow.

To be fair, he didn't have a ton to work with for cool designs. I mean, Master Chief only comes in so many positions and is basically constructed out of straight lines.

bue519:

DigitalJedl:

sunami88:
What the fuck? He got paid to design these? He thinks people will pay to buy them?

It's Halo. You'd be surprised who would buy this.

Your right considering their releasing a full priced game about the series that has only 6 hr of single player and recycled multiplayer (atleast the DLC maps are free, I guess). But, somehow people are excited over this?

findler:
Note to self: Never purchase.

findler:
Note to self: Never purchase.

Archemetis:

I mean c'mon that one shirt says to me "I was designed, no, I was merely layed down while a man with a "MASTER CHIEF GENERIC POSE" rubber sticker went to town on me, he didn't seem to care that he'd put two master chief's upside-down on my shoulders, clearly the man is seeing some kind of genius that the rest of us can't..."

Yes, that's exactly what that shirt SAYS to me...

Why is this guy making shirts?
and I guess more importantly... Why Halo shirts?!
Surely bungie can handle making their own, MORE TASTEFUL shirts? I mean they managed it before...

[disclaimer]: Sorry for making that sound like a rant, I just don't get how people who design that shit can have a job doing it when I can make shirts better than those by sitting them in a muddy puddle and yet, here I am with no job or money...

Bungie May be the greatest sellout since The Knack. for all of you who don't know, they used to be a punk band until they wrote the song "My Sherona" to please the crowds.

Hmm... they are pretty ugly.

But the yellow one's nice, if only because he was a bit more disciplined in his composition and he used such a strong background colour. I'd wear that one.
http://www.shopecko.com/product/popup.jsp?productId=3632434&tab=enhancedImage&c=1050713&ai=-1&altViewCount=3

Ecko's best when he uses a limited palette, it counters his tendecny to have visual diahorea.
His Boba Fett hoody is awesome, friggin expensive, but awesome.

So he took some pictures of Master Chief and then went crazy in photoshop? That's what these shirts look like.

Also, I think very few people will wear these. I don't care how stupid you think Halo fans are. I can't imagine anyone deciding to wear these shirts.

Um Wow...that is all i have to say

Looks like typical nerd-gear to me. I don't think they are meant to look good.

the word gaudy and tasteless comes to mind...but i think that goes without speaking.

Come on, if you're going to buy a Halo shirt, you have to go with the one that has the C-looking thing and the 3 in the middle. That's a pretty tasteful shirt, and that's coming from someone who hates Halo.

bue519:

sunami88:
What the fuck? He got paid to design these? He thinks people will pay to buy them?

No he thinks Halo fans will buy them and considering most are under the age of 18, he right.

I honestly think you're underestimating the intelligence of minors. Seriously, we're not all that dumb.

But yeah, combining an overly milked franchise with an overrated designer who got angry when his crappy game wasn't well reviewed isn't a good idea, that or it's brilliant from a business perspective, you decide.

This definitely doesn't strike me as professional quality clothing. Ecko should feel a little shame for this.

Susan Arendt:
You know, I thought the yellow one was kind of ok, until I saw the "Pwn" on the shoulder.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Marc Ecko is a grade-A douche. Remember, kids, he called anyone who complained that his game was buggy "whiners".

Not to mention saying gamers were "divas" who got wedgies in high school and had a "predisposition to have a bug up their ass for anything urban." And anyone who says they prefer someone to be a slave to branding and products sounds like a villain in some anti-corporate children's cartoon about being yourself.

I personally think that yellow one is quite nice.

And that black one with the spirals is ok.

As for the others...

Meh.

ummm kinda... eerie to think he can get away with selling them there should be a law against selling crap like that.... that stormtrooper hoodie he should get fined for >.> ugh

AmrasCalmacil:
Oh, my eyes.
If you think they're bad, -don't- look at his Stormtrooper Hoodie!

HAHAHAHAHAHaHahahahHAHAH HA!

Oh my god. If you think these are bad, feast your eyes on this!
http://www.shopecko.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3054996&keywords=Stormtrooper+Hoodie

Next time I come across an instance of 360 fanboyism, I'll imagine the perpetrator wearing one of these beauties.

marc ecko star wars hoodies are EPIC

Ah, the wonders of 'professional' fashion design: yet another reason to despise modern society. Honestly, it seems like he wanted to make something akin to the most ridiculous experiments you'd see at a fashion show, but in Hot Topic t-shirt format.

I do not believe my poor eyes were forced to endure that. Its truly awfull.
I think i'll stick with my red vs blue and warhammer 40k t-shirts

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or