Chinese Teen Beaten to Death at Internet Addiction Camp

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

teutonicman:
I'm surprised that this story was able to leave China.

+1 to that.

I had an ex-girlfriend who was straight from China who HONESTLY believed AIDS was a western disease. She said as much as it's never reported on the news.

When she was over here, we watched a CBC report where it said AIDS is rampant in the country side. Which she couldn't believe. She finally relented with "They are country people. They are dirty regardless. Not like us city people."

Silly China, bats are for baseballs.

China Says: "Internet Addiction kills... we guarantee it!"

My cousin went to China, apparently quite a nice place... as long as you don't step out of line but I guess you could say the same thing about Nazi Germany.

Take THAT Godwin! I'll make any comparisons I like :P

Commander Breetai:

^Mimi:
*epic facepalm*

So the parents basically paid 1000$ to get their kid killed? :s

Yeah; I'd have done it for $200.

lol thats sad

AkJay:
Does this reminf anyone of those little things called "Concentration Camps" held by a certain "Fuhrur" all those decades ago?

Godwin's law strikes once again, although it was pretty early on in the thread.

Yeah, this is sickening. By the way, "running too slow"? What exactly were they doing to get these kids not addicted to the computer?

You all can't believe this happened.

I can't believe you're all suprised. China's always used corpral punishment. Mercy is not part of their vocabulary.

My condolences go to the teen's parents. I hope they get revenge for their son's death. And the teachers who thought it suffice to beat this poor kid to death I hope they get they get thrown is jail for what they did.

AkJay:
Does this reminf anyone of those little things called "Concentration Camps" held by a certain "Fuhrur" all those decades ago?

No. Well, not me at least.

How is putting ten million people in camps and then then executing them in the name of a racialy pure society anyhting like beating to death one teenager?

Now if they where rounding up internet users En Masse and putting them in ghettos before shipping them off by the thousands on trains that only offer one-way tickets you might get away with that.

....Internet addiction, really

Muphin_Mann:

AkJay:

How is putting ten million people in camps and then then executing them in the name of a racialy pure society anyhting like beating to death one teenager?

Now if they where rounding up internet users En Masse and putting them in ghettos before shipping them off by the thousands on trains that only offer one-way tickets you might get away with that.

I think you maybe, JUST A BIG MAYBE, be looking at the picture a tad too broadly. but just a tad.

AkJay:

Muphin_Mann:

AkJay:

I think you maybe, JUST A BIG MAYBE, be looking at the picture a tad too broadly. but just a tad.

Genocide is a broad topic.

well, china does fail.. soo.

Island:
thats horrible. theres nothing else to say really.

are people really addicted to the internet or do they just like spending time on it? i guess there could be a psychological addiction. personally i have yet to have found anything on the internet i could become addicted to.

Yeah I'm finding the internet (and video games, seriously) so unnadicting I've gone back to actually spending some time reading actual paper books. It's working out, I've gotten more enjoyment from The Hunt For Red October than I have from anything else since I finished Fallout 3. To say that the internet is addictive is a bit of a stretch, but I guess that there will always be idiots in the world, of every race colour and creed. Exactly what on the internet was he addicited to anyway?

Del-Toro:

Island:
thats horrible. theres nothing else to say really.

are people really addicted to the internet or do they just like spending time on it? i guess there could be a psychological addiction. personally i have yet to have found anything on the internet i could become addicted to.

Yeah I'm finding the internet (and video games, seriously) so unnadicting I've gone back to actually spending some time reading actual paper books. It's working out, I've gotten more enjoyment from The Hunt For Red October than I have from anything else since I finished Fallout 3. To say that the internet is addictive is a bit of a stretch, but I guess that there will always be idiots in the world, of every race colour and creed. Exactly what on the internet was he addicited to anyway?

i just read treasure island. i got it for just two bucks so i thought i would give it a try, and it was pretty good. i read a lot of comic books too. the only thing i really do on the internet is check a couple of sites for funny videos like newgrounds and places like that and i watch music videos on youtube. maybe this kid said he was addicted to wow or some game like that.

huh,that sucks.oh well.

when will the chinese learn to do this kind of stuff in secrecy :D
lol jokes!

Sightless Wisdom:

really, i have always seen bats as an all purpose kind of thing. it could be a weapon, or it could be a hammer, you could even draw a face on it and it could be your best friend.

Honestly I have the funniest feeling that his death getting made public was an accident on their part and that others have died in such places but were quickly hushed up.

On the other hand, this definitely makes me think to the way that some teachers in the US still wish to encorporate physical punishments for the most mundane "crimes" (like a kindergardener playing cops and robbers with their HANDS shaped like guns).. as well as the kind of bullshit I've heard goes on at our own boot camps and other military institutions to the poor people who aren't up to snuff.

Mind you the last one I mentioned is mostly rumours and hearsay, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Lord_Ascendant:
I would make a "whip you into shape" joke but I feel its not appropriate.

Since when did China become the Galactic Empire?

maybe they played Michale Jacksons "Beat It" while they were..........running..........

but really, you would think people wouldnt be surprised by something like this, I mean from a nation that crushed a pro-democracy movement and killed a fair ammount of protesters, THEN blocked google searches of the incident would do something like this........ you know who's to blame......... that damn america rock-and-roll and coca-cola! long live the revolution!

this post was not edited by secret Chinese spies, we are fun loving american citizens who love freedom fries there was no one who edited this post

Holy Shit

Thats just bad

Sightless Wisdom:

Hahaha your a terrible person, good show!

-Joe

"does not include torture or other methods that might damage a child's health."

I think the fact that this camp has to say this pretty much proves that their fucked. I mean American fat camps don't say that shit, they don't need to. When I first saw the headline I thought he was beaten to death by his fellow peers...Probably arguing over whether the Horde was better than The Alliance, but never would I have thought that the teachers smacked him about. That just lowered china's standing in my eyes.

Again, COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP! This is just the shit that leaks out and is by no means the worst.

CrafterMan:

Sightless Wisdom:

Hahaha your a terrible person, good show!

-Joe

Why thank you good sir :D. I do my best.

I don't see why you should pay over $1000 for a boot camp. Just get rid of your computer.

As for the actual death, its a shame, but China always do take things like this very seriously. In fact...they take everything seriously. Apart from the Enviroment.

As someone already posted, I'd be interested in finding out what sort of training they do to "kick their addiction." Although, considering China is a Communist country, I wouldn't be surprised if they brainwash the kids and make them into some sort of creepy child army.

How harsh, the kid might not have been able to run that fast, who are the councilors to declare how much physical demanding activities he could take?

On topic: This is a very sad story.

At the risk of sounding bigoted, China is a feakin' weird place. Concentration style camps for internet addicts? Where kids get beaten for not running? I'm pretty sure lobbing your kids PC into the skip would solve internet addiction (if indeed such a thing exists) at zero monetary cost to the parents, and with no harm to the child.

Not saying our counties are all fine, its just that China have very odd ways of doing things. Different culture an all that, I guess...

Well he is technically cured of his addiction isnt he?

Internet addiction in China is consider when you spend over 4 hours a day on the internet.

ViktorValentine:
"does not include torture or other methods that might damage a child's health."

I think the fact that this camp has to say this pretty much proves that their fucked. I mean American fat camps don't say that shit, they don't need to. When I first saw the headline I thought he was beaten to death by his fellow peers...Probably arguing over whether the Horde was better than The Alliance, but never would I have thought that the teachers smacked him about. That just lowered china's standing in my eyes.

I laughed and then realized that was similair to what I was thinking.

I'm neither racist nor prejudiced, but is China really THAT shitty?

China's ideals make me sick, Addicted to GTA? become an authority figure and kill innocent people in real life instead.

Sightless Wisdom:

Epic lolz. Everyone must read that sentance in the 'trix are for kids voice'.

DO IT.

Another thought. Chinese goverment figures are probably beating down who ever let that leak. This is not likely the first, just the first to be leaked.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here