EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Ahahaha, so buying this.

I hope Yahtzee reviews his own book.

I am definately gonna buy it. Not only does the theme sound hilarious but since it's coming from Yahtzee I am sure I will love it.

I just hope he isnt nervous about being compared to Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams.

Bah, I'll buy the Alphabet of Manliness first.

And I hope Yahtzee does NOT review his own book. Nobody should have that terrible power.

DuplicateValue:

Squid94:
Definitely getting that. Be very interesting to see how he writes.

Here's an example of his writing: http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/articulatejim.htm
It's just the kind of humour I love in a book. =]

The link's okay. I promise.

Thanks for that, it's a good read. Shame he never got that published but I'm sure his new book will be just as good.

Congratulations Mr. Croshaw, I do hope you have a bright future awaiting you whatever you do. Just please don't stop killing horrible games with words.

I'm running out to Borders and buying this as soon as it comes out.

Congrats Ben! Glad to see you get published, and I am looking forward to reading your work!

Sounds interesting. I'll have to remember to check this one out.

Squid94:
Definitely getting that. Be very interesting to see how he writes.

I'm going to guess "brilliantly."

Excuse me for a second, my head just exploded from the sheer level of awesome.

I'm very much looking forward to this, if it's anything like Terry Pratchett's novels, I'll be very pleased.

I am cautiously optimistic about this, but it's pretty certain I'll buy it at some point of my life unless I either die unexpectedly or become homeless before I have a chance.

two words: DO. WANT.
:D

Will I get this?

..simple answer of course I will

Charli:

Schmidtzkrieg:
All we need now is for him to narrate the audio book and we're set

...Damn now Im gonna hold out just for this.

yeah he'd better cause if anyone else narrated it then I'd be ticked...btw lookin forward to it eeeee ^_^.

Amnestic:
Sounds like we might be seeing something like a cross between Pratchett and LFGComic.

I came on to say exactly this, looking forward to it.

Something about seeing a rabbit running along an undead character screamed, "LFG!"

Sweet. Hope to see a preview.

I don't think I want it if it's going to be a comedy, I haven't found Yahtzee funny for over a year now. I'd prefer his attempts at a Lovecraftian horror story to be published.

So buying this. In ever sense of the word I am buying this.

I hope there is lots of funny australian swearing and references to baby rape...not that I'm into that sort of thing, just sounds funny when he says it on Zeropunctuation. Oh, and I'll be doing his voice in my head throughout the whole book.

I'll keep an eye open for it.

MMO theme, Undead mage and a...bunny rabbit. That seems a little too close to Looking for Group in my eyes. But then that's just my opinion and it's just the cover art. Hope it works out for you!

August, huh? Maybe my school will count it as a summer reading book.

Well, guess who'll be going out the the local nerd's shop to ask them to order a few copies.

sold even if i have to scour the internet to buy the thing

I'm gonna buy it, I don't care if reviewers say it sucks or not, I'm gonna buy it.

Samurai Goomba:
Bah, I'll buy the Alphabet of Manliness first.

Don't bother, it's pretty shit.

Does anyone else think the wave of yahtzee fanboy pants cream will lead to very sticky surfers?

Honestly, I'm gonna pick this up when its out, but I'm not expecting it to be very good. I've read most of his articles and reviews and they just fill me with the idea that he's kind of a one-trick pony.

on that note i have to go buy the last wheel of time book so that fat bastard jordan no longer controls me from beyond the grave.

Blanks:
The cover reminds me of Richard and his Rabbit from LFG

anyways, good for him ...i'd say it's worth a rental but you can't rent books so i may aswell buy it when it's released

I believe they call places where you can do that "libraries". That being said a place where you can actually rent books doesn't sound like a bad idea. Anyway let's all try to get our local libraries to get a copy or three when it comes out.

congratulations to yahtzee. i will be picking this up as soon as it comes out

Interesting, when will it be available in bookstores around the country?

I'm getting it.

Im sure it will be in the New Yorks top 10 best seller list within no time // Congrats Yahtzee

-M

Will Buy!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook