WoW Customer Support Does Your Math Homework

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Misterpinky:
...the hell is this?!? If this is a true story, GM's must have even less of a life than the average WoW player. This is weird.

i play wow...yet i have a awesome life

I have a hot Girlfriend Who also plays

and my best friend jayson just hangs out at my place and plays Black ops on his ps3

so life is good

Mackheath:

LegendaryGamer0:
Getting a WoW subscription.

I'm not even going to play, just getting one because this is just fucking awesome.

Believe me, I'd rather you kept your soul. Having mathematic geniuses at your disposal is cool and all, but not worth blinking and realising you are either chronically overweight or malnourished and the year is 2014...

I have no soul and I fit the former in your description.

It's perfect. :P

LegendaryGamer0:

Well...think of the savings with no subscription!

[quote="karloss01" post="7.262275.9896010
seconded.

if its real i want to know how bored the GM was at the time to actaully work it out.[/quote]

Well, the problem is actually fairly trivial if one has enough training in math. While I have no idea what sort of education requirement Blizzard customer support might have (I wouldn't expect it to be much), if the CS guy who responded had a degree in computer science (as an example), this would be an easier problem to solve than "My account was hacked!!!!!" by a lot.

JordanXlord:

Misterpinky:
...the hell is this?!? If this is a true story, GM's must have even less of a life than the average WoW player. This is weird.

and my best friend jayson just hangs out at my place and plays Black ops on his ps3

so life is good

Notice I said the average WoW player's life. To be honest, I'm probably one of the worst, despite not playing WoW. I play other MMO's, I run my own game blog, and I'm looking into a degree in Game Developing. Still, it's WoW. Nothing personal, but yeah, I have to make fun of WoW players. It's my rule.

Misterpinky:

JordanXlord:

Misterpinky:

so life is good

Notice I said the average WoW player's life. To be honest, I'm probably one of the worst, despite not playing WoW. I play other MMO's, I run my own game blog, and I'm looking into a degree in Game Developing. Still, it's WoW. Nothing personal, but yeah, I have to make fun of WoW players. It's my rule.

Wow...Im sorry for being a jerk

I am also looking into Video Game Development

me and my friend are already coming up with ideas (well actualy we have been planing Video Game ideas since we were 13)

LegendaryGamer0:

Mackheath:

LegendaryGamer0:
Getting a WoW subscription.

I'm not even going to play, just getting one because this is just fucking awesome.

Believe me, I'd rather you kept your soul. Having mathematic geniuses at your disposal is cool and all, but not worth blinking and realising you are either chronically overweight or malnourished and the year is 2014...

so you would Buy the Greatness of Wow...JUST FOR MATH?!

that's like buying Black ops just for the campaign

JordanXlord:

LegendaryGamer0:

Mackheath:

so you would Buy the Greatness of Wow...JUST FOR MATH?!

that's like buying Black ops just for the campaign

But I did buy it for the campaign... bought the Loli-damn Prestige Edition...

Jamash:
It's pretty amazing to think the Customer Support team for an MMO such as WoW would have access to the Internet and are trained in the use of Google... will wonders never cease?

Sarcasm aside, I found the exact same answer to that question on Yahoo! Answers by typing the question into Google, and I don't even understand the question (or the answer).

I don't understand why the person didn't just use Google himself, rather than wait for the WoW GM's to copy and paste his question into Google and get back to him with the copy and pasted answer.

Did the response by the GM have the same typos as well?

haha they have a sense of humour alright you have to hand it to them.

theultimateend:

Jamash:
It's pretty amazing to think the Customer Support team for an MMO such as WoW would have access to the Internet and are trained in the use of Google... will wonders never cease?

Sarcasm aside, I found the exact same answer to that question on Yahoo! Answers by typing the question into Google, and I don't even understand the question (or the answer).

I don't understand why the person didn't just use Google himself, rather than wait for the WoW GM's to copy and paste his question into Google and get back to him with the copy and pasted answer.

I can't really tell, it all looks like one massive typo to me.

However, both answers contain the curious word "criticxal" on the last line... is that a typo? I don't know, algebra might as well be in Greek from what I can make of it.

Jamash:

theultimateend:

Jamash:

I can't really tell, it all looks like one massive typo to me.

However, both answers contain the curious word "criticxal" on the last line... is that a typo? I don't know, algebra might as well be in Greek from what I can make of it.

Ah then that answers that.

Shame.

Either way I thought it was cute.

JordanXlord:

Misterpinky:

JordanXlord:

so life is good

Wow...Im sorry for being a jerk

I am also looking into Video Game Development

me and my friend are already coming up with ideas (well actualy we have been planing Video Game ideas since we were 13)

It's fine. My original post was more than a little... inflammatory. If you don't have the balls to accept an insult in return, you really don't belong on the internet.
The more I learn about game development, the more it blows my mind how insanely complicated it is. Good luck to us all.

Lloyd O Siadhail:
This is fake, due to the spelling errors within the gm's reply at the end of his message back to the customer. Blizzard doesn't employ people that spell wrong :P

I can assure you, I once had a rather typo-happy GM at an early hour of the morning once.

Just kill me if I ever have to solve a math problem like that.

That, and the unicorn fighting a bear was hilarious, though.

So this is why I can't get a hold of a GM when I have an actual issue. Nice.

Yeah ive heard and seen alot of similar stories where GMs had fun conversations with players or answered in funny ways :D

Having used to work for Blizzard as a GM before the Burning Crusade release, when it was quiet if we got a funny one like that we always tried to answer it, because 1) It was funny and 2) It was always nice to do something a little funny for a customer.

I call fake.

Blizzard support isn't -this- generous. Ever. It's not even within their policies to do anything like this for their customers.

Xzi:
At $15 a month, they better do your homework! I'd expect them to have a sandwich ready for me ten minutes after submitting a ticket.

Seconded.

$15 a month is a bit much for a mere MMO, but throw in GMs that double as tutors, and that's worth your money!

If this is real, this made my day. I've sent in many a random thing to the GM's and the responses are generally pretty sweet. They seem like cool people.

Not G. Ivingname:
If it is real: Funny story.

IF it isn't real: Expect an update later with an actual GM given an actual problem and give them a really stupid answer, even funnier story.

I like the way you think!

Hilarious story, even funnier if as Iving Name pointed out if the GM gave the wrong answer. Also, is Blizzard trying to force people to go on the computer for even longer?

Makes me wonder if the GM just happened to know Calc, or actually looked it up.

Edit: Aw i guess he googled it, but still that's awesome

That's just too funny. Almost makes me want to play wow again. Almost......

It's people doing dumb crap like this that makes the wait times so long for ACTUAL petitions.

An effectual GM...Awsome!

I'm willing to bet they answered it because they figured it was an equation relating to WoW somehow. There's a lot of numbers that go into that game, so who knows what kind of math could be applied to it?

Cool story bro, and there was I thinking that Blizzard is some evil organistion, which it still definitly is.

Its not that advanced, anyone who is in the last year of A level math or in their freshman year of business/economics/engineering/whatever at college should be able to do this

Regardless, awesome it is

In that yahoo answers thing it even has the same spelling error in the end. . .

The Great JT:
That's crazy.

And I'm with G'sC, all I saw was letters. Math =/= letters.

....Clearly you've never done Algebra, cause that has letters in it AND it's maths.

kotorfan04:
This is just another way Blizz prevents you from having a real life.

Said by the guy with a Tauren for an avatar.

I wonder if they do Chemistry lab reports too...

..Wow, I could really use that. Honestly College is hard and this is the first time I seen an online game as big as WoW actually serve a 'Homework' Guide to math and so forth. Thank you, I appreciate it really! And for this Thread too.

hahaha okay that is just flat out bloody hilarious

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or