Skyrim Will Feature Tentacle Bears ... Maybe

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Why can't it be a tentacle bear?!

I'd love to fight one!

That's clearly a mammoth and a bear.

DaxStrife:
Tentacle bears are bad, but it could be worse; it could be dickwolves.

Alright, that's it. I've thought everything was funny so far, but I just couldn't hold my composure after reading this, I just laughed out loud.

... There's nothing classier than a tentacle bear with a monacle.

Hey its a bear that just took down a huge mammoth!!! id rather face tentacle bear

vansau:

TitanAtlas:

Its a dead mamoth with a roaring bear behind it.... why do you have the need to fail this hard my friend!?

OK, would you have really read an article that was just about new concept art? It was a goofy image and I thought it was funny that other sites were reporting on the whole idea of a "tentacle bear". It was a fun, goofy way to write an article and most people seem to enjoy it. Sorry you didn't.

im sowwy.... i still find it like a funny idea :3

Tyrany42:

Aethren:
Staff and Sword dual-wield? Actual big bushy viking beards?

Omg, my Gandalf fantasies can finally come true!

I. Con. Cur. Now just pray for pointy hats. Oh, PLEASE, Elder Scrolls, just give us pointy hats!

Damn it! Pray faster! We are running out of time!

It has a freaking trunk there, half buried in the snow.

I'm pretty sure that's a grizzly bear standing over the festering corpse of a mammoth... yeah.

Yeah, that's a mammoth...
But still, fighting a fucking MAMMOTH? Awesome.

mattttherman3:
Everyone knows the best bear is Manbearpig.

I'm pretty sure it's Pigbearman.

I want a Tentacle Bear Mount.

tentacle bears? well this development instantly qualms ny excitement about the much anticipated dragons

pretty sure thats just a bear standing over a dead mammoth. the face is halfway down in the snow so the "tentacle" is the horns :I

Dude, I want the mammoth to have tentacle tusks, and he attacks by tickling the player and giggling as he does so.

My character would die sooo many times to tickling elephants. <3

lacktheknack:
What should actually happen: There's exactly one tentacle bear hidden somewhere for fan-service alone.

They may as well, I hear Bigfoot is going to be all over the place - for the San Andreas fans no doubt.

Nice pics. IDK, Considering how much I loved Oblivion and Fallout 3, I should be a lot more excited about this title... but I'm not.

If you look closely at the head of the Mammoth, it appears to be wearing some sort of harness ( what appears to be a leather strap runs across the forehead, with a second one over the jawline and base of the trunk). Perhaps the Mammoth is available as a mount? Riding a mammoth would be pretty damn cool.

I'd like to actually be able to fight from horseback (er, mount...back? mammothback?) though. I got tired of having my horse in TES4 die because I dismounted to fight something while it ran off and got killed by something 3 hills over.

Or proved to be entirely ineffective in the present combat.

Or had a tendency to jump in front of my arrows.

Or jump off of cliffs.

You get my point, horses in TES4 were downright retarded (yes, even Shadowmere, though he wouldn't stay dead forever).

Well, I can't wait for Skyrim, also; STATUE HAS CAPE, CAPE IN SKYRIM? God I hope so.

Braedan:
Clearly a wooly mammoth... I was trying really hard to find the bear's tentacles but the tusks kept getting in the way...

That said, Staff, sword combo is PURE GOLD.

Seriously dual wielding in Skyrim FTW,.. anyone?

newwiseman:

Braedan:
Clearly a wooly mammoth... I was trying really hard to find the bear's tentacles but the tusks kept getting in the way...

Personally I'm not a big fan of duel weilding, because usually it only boils down to, two stupid weapons (like long swords) that don't even work in combat, and nothing else. But this is what duel wielding should be... whatever we feel like it being....

We, the internet, need to petition Bethesda to create the tentacle Bear.
Even if it was DLC, it would be worth it.
Also, if they fail in creating such a mightily unbalanced, no doubt glitchy as New Vegas beast - Bearoctopus will be the first mod released for Skyrim.
I'm calling it.

?:|

I don't see it. I'm not really sure where people get tentacle-bear out of that picture. It's an older pic, and I never for a second thought it was anything but a bear standing over a mammoth.

My first thought was: "Wow, they're going to have Mammoths!"

My second thought was: "How did a bear that size bring down a mammoth that much bigger than it?"

Fussy wildlife + Henti + Skyrim = the best thing ever

Where did they get tentacle bear from? It's the corpse of a four tusked mammoth being stood over by a bear.

Damn you Escapist, all gettin' my hopes up and shit.

Tentacle bear, pah, it needs to be crossed with something REALLY scary!

http://artorder.blogspot.com/2009/09/finally.html

Definitely a mammoth with a bear over it.

I wanna fight mammoths, now.

But yeah, tentacle bears would be cool, but that ain't one.

Braedan:

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

so this topic is now moot?

Fappy:

PrometheanFlame:
The tentacle bear is for the Japanese version only.

*His work done, Captain Obvious returns to the Obvious Cave!*

Coincidentally the Japanese version also has an all teenage girl NPC cast.

with blue/purple/pink spiky hair.

I'm sure everyone knows it's a bear and a wooly mammoth, but I'm still hoping Bethesda might notice the demand for tentacle bears :D

It's a bear behind a mammoth. Clearly.

Those images look fantastic though. I only hope it's everything it's cracked up to be.

"Why is it always tentacles?"
- Anonymous Anime Heroine

The Typical American:

DaxStrife:
Tentacle bears are bad, but it could be worse; it could be dickwolves.

Alright, that's it. I've thought everything was funny so far, but I just couldn't hold my composure after reading this, I just laughed out loud.

... There's nothing classier than a tentacle bear with a monacle.

Dickwolves are an actual thing made by Penny Arcade. They had like five strips devoted to them and you can buy the T-shirts of them off of their store.

Braedan:

newwiseman:

Braedan:

Personally I'm not a big fan of duel weilding, because usually it only boils down to, two stupid weapons (like long swords) that don't even work in combat, and nothing else. But this is what duel wielding should be... whatever we feel like it being....

I'd have to agree with you there.

I think we can all agree the combat in the Elder Scrolls Series, and most games, has always been a bit dodgy and ...repetitive or statue-esq. I tend to use long swords just because I can never accurately judge distance to target without just standing there getting hit.

I like to see a game with the myth, legend, and story of TES with something closer to the combat of Vindictus. Something not completely hack-n-slash, since you can dodge around, but with a nice way to manage magic and physical attacks at the same time without it becoming too confusing or becoming a single repetitive button push. With combos to do based on your current level in the 'style' of combat and the weapons, magics being used. I think I'd really just like to see the way the character swings and moves affected by what they are holding and how much it "weighs", no longer being a generic swing regardless of if they are holding a sword, axe, staff, or club while standing perfectly straight up; AND, I feel that dual wielding any combination of weapons could be well explored in a physics heavy environment. Hell the ability to pick stuff up without it just floating in air would be a mind-blowing improvement to the franchise.

Maybe I'm being too naive but, I think the consoles are powerful enough and Bethesda has to talent to, if they wanted to, do that. Especially since they made a new damned engine for the game.

newwiseman:

Braedan:

newwiseman:

I'd have to agree with you there.

I think we can all agree the combat in the Elder Scrolls Series, and most games, has always been a bit dodgy and ...repetitive or statue-esq. I tend to use long swords just because I can never accurately judge distance to target without just standing there getting hit.

*SNIP*

Maybe I'm being too naive but, I think the consoles are powerful enough and Bethesda has to talent to, if they wanted to, do that. Especially since they made a new damned engine for the game.

Here here! I say in house build engine = No excuses for things like ridiculous bugs, or "limitations" for things, since they built it to what they wanted, and were not manipulating something to their demands. Looks like they're well from what I've seen though.

It would be awesome to have some sort of land kraken.

Or a sea kraken if they weren't feeling particularly adventurous.

That reminds me of Princess Mononoke for some strange reason.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here