BioWare Asks Fans About Showing Tali's Face in Mass Effect 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

What made her sexy was the fact you couldn't know what her face looked like.

No I really don't think they should show her face I also didn't think they should have done a proper romance scene with Tali where she removes her suit you know given that she has no immune system and has a different base make up to humans.

I don't really get all the "naaaoooaaargh! Keep her a mystery!" stuff. I wanna see her face and I wanna see it now! I don't see the enigma regarding her face as a mystery to be respected, I see it as an annoying tease so I wanna see it!

She'll probably turn out to be somekind of big lizard.

...Something with fish lips atleast.

T-Bone24:
If they do show her face, I want it to be weird. Go more Turian than Asari. Not just a human face dipped in paint, thanks. Her eyes seem to glow as well, so that'd be real neat.

Tali is Herobrine? Cool.

I'm in the don't want camp. As long as I don't have to see it I'm OK with I guess.

mireko:
At the end she'll take off the mask, revealing SHEPARD'S FACE.

Cut to black. No credits.

What a tweest!

Goldeneye1989:
*tali takes of her mask*
*pan to Shepard* ....Wrex?

I really love these...

OT: I was really tempted to go back to my original, admittedly kind of stupid response.

'I want her to look like James Earl Jones!'

But, when I really think about it, leave her mask on, Shepards the world over romanced with her regardless of her mask, those are the people you'll likely disappoint with the reveal.

Bioware can't win this, why don't they add a option in game to show face or not so people who don't want to see her face don't have to.

No, Bioware, dont give in to the fans. Do it the way you always envisioned the character.

i dont want to know what she looks like. It'll ruin the mistique of the character. It lets each individual player envision there own idea of her in there heads. makes it more personal.

personally, i want them to show her face. im just so curious about what a Quarian actually looks like.

if they are leaving it up to the fans to decide, then they should do an XBLA avatar contest, like EPIC did for Gears of War 3. they could put 2 versions of a t-shirt or something on the marketplace with one being in favor of revealing Tali's face, and the other in favor of keeping it a mystery. the proceeds could go to charity, just like the save/kill Carmine money is.

Tali was the only female character I have wanted to romance in ME. I liked her personality, how she carried herself, and well...... everything about her. I went abstinent in my ported version of ME1 so I would only romance Tali in the long play through.

So yea, I want to see what she looks like.

It shouldn't matter, in Mass Effect 2 you should have the option of smashing open Talis Fathers helmet and laughing after saying "So that's what you all look like". Bioware games don't really let you do much when you think about it.

Daystar Clarion:

SteelStallion:

Daystar Clarion:
What amazes me about the whole 'what do Quarians look like' situation, is that you'd fucking think there'd be photos lying around, since, you know, they do occassionally take their suits off.

We should know what Qurians look like in general, but what Tali looks like? I'm not sure...

Thing is, how many Quarians have you seen in Mass Effect? Tali and a few random ones on pilgrimage. They aren't very common. They're a very, very reclusive case for many reasons, having next to nothing as an immune system being one of then. It's already been said that they pretty much only take their suits off to like, mate, or take care of a newborn.

Unless some curious bugger murders one and takes their suit off I don't imagine there being many photos.

Surely there would be medical studies on the subject though? Diagrams, that sort of thing.

Probably, but with the fate of the galaxy at stake I don't think Shepherd really cares that much. Documentation surely exists in the universie, but in the games we haven't really stumbled upon them.

I wanna see this under Tali's helmet.

Personally I don't think it's a good idea because of fanboy bitching. But then again, it's fanboys, they bitch even if they like it. And then there's the creepy "but she's not hot" people and the "but she doesn't look like an alien, she just looks like a slightly technological human in a skintight space suit" crowd.

If seeing Tali's face happens, rest assured it won't be Bioware who ruins it. It will be the fans.

Don't do it you silly buggers.

You're going to piss off way more people by showing than not showing. Mostly because half her fans will be annoyed that she doesn't look like their favourite bit of DeviantArt fanart.

Arehexes:

Well if thats what your into...

Vykrel:
personally, i want them to show her face. im just so curious about what a Quarian actually looks like.

if they are leaving it up to the fans to decide, then they should do an XBLA avatar contest, like EPIC did for Gears of War 3. they could put 2 versions of a t-shirt or something on the marketplace with one being in favor of revealing Tali's face, and the other in favor of keeping it a mystery. the proceeds could go to charity, just like the save/kill Carmine money is.

That is a good suggestion, sir.

On the topic at hand, I'm a bit torn. I understand that part of the Quarian's presence in the game as well as the romance with tali comes from the fact that you don't know what they look like, thus you have to really focus in on the personality of the characters. I also know that nothing will probably please everybody. I've seen a variety of fan arts and read various depictions and the sheer differences going on prove that not everyone will go home happy. Heck, even I've got my ideal look for Quarians (something feline/semi amphibian like).

That said, seeing as how ME3 is supposed to be the stories final chapter, I also think that maybe the looks of general Quarians can be solved once we solve the problems of the Quarians one way or the other. Then, a specific tali reveal for the later parts of the game, closer to the end to hold more significance seeing as how she's been with you for all 3 games.

I honestly think I'm going to side with the reveal, simply out of my sheer curiosity. I do hope that however she looks she holds similarities to her voice actress as I think that would be a nice little "thank you for your years of excellent voice work" on top of her paycheck

Alot of the appeal to tali's character is the not knowing.

Thus revealing would kind of ruin the character

I want to see it. And I don't demand perfection either. Just show her damn face already. This mystery bullshit contributes nothing.

Also, since it hasn't been posted yet, here's a link to a shit-ton of Tali reveals.

They should definitely show her mug. If nothing else, it would be an interesting social experiment to see how many fans still have a hard-on for her after unmasking some insectillian face with human eyes and nose. What do you gain if you leave it a mystery? A vocal minority will be pissed off for five minutes, then forget about it.

Why does it matter? They're going to make her hot in some ethereally alien way. If they don't, they'll make her hot in some down-to-earth way, and then only to surprise you because you expected the alien look.
Either way, it's predictable.

this isnt my name:

Arehexes:

Well if thats what your into...

That was pretty funny (cracked a smile on my face laughing at my own comment). The idea was that part of her interested was what is behind the mask, a lot of my mass effect friends who like her always wondered and it's what keeps them playing with her/having a romance with her. I mean what is someone was a long time Tali fan and had this vision of what she looked like and bioware didn't fit his idea of what she looked like, part of the fun would be gone for him. Also the photo was an extreme case, you can still enjoy Tali's *cough* features *cough* like her big brain haha.

I'd want them to reveal it. Considering that ME3 is going to be the end of Shepard's story, it would be fitting to tie the loose ends and give a great conclusion to all the personal relationships of the story.

One of my Shepard's is in love with Tali and it would, imo, require that closure for the story to end successfully to show her face.

Just like I hope that Samara will be a love interest in the third game, since one of my Shepard's found solace in her as they were very alike and her promise of finding Shepard in the future was a great teaser for what's to come in part 3.

You know I think they could pull it off, but I can understand why They are unsure

personally I think they could show "a" Quarians face, but not nessicaryly talis that would make for a good compromise

This is actually yet another demonstration of the fact that Bioware is getting more and more artistically bankrupt. :( These types of story-telling decisions should only be made by the authors, and ideally fairly in advance.

OT: Whatever they end up doing, I want it to be a fitting part of the story, not a checklist. I don't think Bioware's writing s *good*, per say, but I think it's been getting much worse lately. Even a return to like KOTOR days would be a plus (and those were by no means good writing in the grand scheme of things).

Id rather her look more like an alien version of her voice actress...the actress is hot and having a face modelled on her is likely the best way to go because the voice will fit right in.

I've said this before, but I just wan't to see a quarian face. Not Talis, they should keep that a mystery.

Can anybody tell which side is winning at the moment? i kinda want her face to be revealed.

double post again.

i like to see her face. 2 games without seeing her face, even when you had a relationship with her is not really nice.
they can do it at least that way. if you have an relationship with tali, you should see her face, if not, then dont show it. so does at least every one get their share if they want to see it or not.

Distorted Stu:
I want her face looking human... but completely upside down. Just for shits and giggles.

In all seriousness i want het face to remain secret. The less i know the better. I love a mystery.

Upside down has been done. It should be sideways. Just a straight up 90 degree turn.

Two things. One, why not just ask in game? Have the scene be set up by a dialogue option - "I want to see your face" or "You're beautiful to me no matter what". From there, have the scene unfold accordingly. Everyones happy.

Two, I thought the Quarians were an Avian species. Where'd the tentacles come from, shouldn't it be a beak?

FangShadow:
I also know that nothing will probably please everybody.

true... but then, if they DONT reveal her face, it will be just like Master Chief in Halo 3. most people wanted to see his face, and they decided not to show it. so now we will have had to wait another 5 years, at least to see a reveal in that series.

but there probably wont be a Mass Effect 4, knowing BioWare. this is probably our only chance to see what a Quarian looks like.

I really think revealing her face would be a big mistake. Bioware and the fans have built it up to be such a big deal that whatever they reveal will be a disappointment - to both the people who wanted to see it and those that didnt.

A large part of the appeal of the character (and the species as a whole) is their mystery, and removing that is quite a big deal.

Add to that, if you keep it unknown then everyone can imagine whatever they want to be under there. People will have already created something in their mind that they picture them to look like, even if its subconcious, and bioware can never match that for every single player.

Considering the non-alien appearance of most of Mass Effects aliens, I think they should reveal, so we won';t have the mystery hanging over our heads, and her appearance should suit Tali. Pretty, quiet and fragile. If the Asari and Drell and Turians were very different looking from humans then I wouldn't go for it and if this wasn't a trilogy from the beginning I wouldn't want a reveal. But the situation as it stands suits what I've said I feel.

EDIT: The other thing is, they aren't wearing masks to deliberately obscure their appearance, if they were it would be different, but their masks are just a side affect.

The other thing is, Shepard already knows. Otherwise she could try to reveal and he could refuse and say "I love you as you are". Because even if they don't reveal they have to have a reason for not revealing, they can't just avoid it, because that would be a loose end. Maybe they could make the reveal obscure? So you have to take Tali as the love interest as far as you can in every installment to get it in the last one?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here