BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 43 NEXT

Zeel:
No, both side aren't equal, especially on the whole evidence thing.

1. Leak suggestion part of plot early on.
2. come janurary "oh shit it's a DLCCCCCC"
3. A very relevant character is a DLC. this is not some fucking no name mercenary. its a living a breathing prothean, everyone should get this!

The other side:

1. DO U HAS THE GAME? OMGOMGOMGOGMOGM PROOF PROOF PROOF.
2. SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL
3. OMG I PAID FOR IT.

Since you've gone out of you way to do the classic "HAHA Look at how stupid I make them sound!" manuver, I will do the same.

1. OMG IT EXISTS BIOWARE SUCKS NOW!
2. THERE'S DLC! NO GAME HAS EVER DONE THAT! MONEY-GRUBBERS!
3. I WANT MORE STUFF WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT! BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The other side:

1. The game isn't out, therefore you don't have the evidence neccesary to prove anything.
2. If you're not on the Bioware team, you don't know when it was developed, or for what reasons.
3. Paying more money is grounds for more content. Do you walk into a restaurant and demand free desert?

I pre-ordered the standard edition before catching wind of this DLC, and as a result I'm a little disappointed. I'm not saying I should get it for free though, I'm not that naive.

My question is... if the devs put in extra work post-completion but before release, then why are customers who buy the CE getting it for free? Why the double standard?

I get that they can include whattever the hell they like in the CE, but this wasn't part of the equation when I decided what to pre-order. They've tacked it on, and thus I'm a little annoyed that Bioware aren't treating all their customers fairly.

The Human Torch:

Even though I find that picture amusing, it's very naieve to think like that. What if (in 1999) they already developed the first expansion pack alongside the original game? What if (the last "now" picture), the game is bigger than the 1999 game, including it's two expansions? What if a $15 expansion pack has the same amount of content as the $30 expansion pack?

Do you think that developers are less consumer friendly and profit driven than in 1999? Of course not, but thanks to the internet, these kind of business practices are made public more often than not. We were always walking wallets to them. A developer may have 'love' for developing games, but in the end that that love needs to be translated into money at the bank.

*I snipped out the picture, in case someone reading this didn't notice. Just scroll up a bit to the comment I quoted, you'll see it.*

See, the problem is that nobody develops an expansion pack at the same time or even immediately after a game comes out. I have never heard of a single instance of a game and its expansion pack releasing simultaneously. The other problem is that in the picture, each Mona Lisa may not be to scale in relation to each other, but they are certainly to scale with the bits being sold.

This isn't news to you. But surely you can see how this feels really abusive. What is EA's policy? That whole "Whatever, you'll buy it" attitude they had on South Park. The games never go on sale, are the slowest games to drop in price, the DLC never goes down in price, and it's usually roughly 10 dollars for any given expansion. And these are generally just one mission (Mass Effect Series), or an entire game mode locked off because you didn't preorder from Best Buy (lookin at you, Army of Two: TFD). For the same ten dollars, I could get on Steam, or in some cases Xbox Live, and buy a full game. These content packs EA sell manage to be small enough to not be "essential", yet expensive enough to make the asking price something of an insult. People have a right to some extent to be pissed off. Yeah, we could just ignore it, but parts are starting to get cut out of these games (project ten dollar), or purposefully held back in order to sell to us as DLC (this new prothean thing). EA has a right to charge us for the prothean. They can, that doesn't mean they should.

This business may be on the up-and-up, but it still doesn't feel right.It's as though someone runs a stable, and as you browse, you see lots of horses (of course). Many horses are sold there, and if you really like your horse, you can come back and the dealers will sell you either a full-on saddle, or perhaps horse shoes/extra saddle bags. You order a horse ahead of time from Mr. EA, a notoriously greedy and wealthy horse breeder. He brings out his horse and you see very plainly that it has a saddle. Suddenly, he snatches it up and hides it behind his back. "Here's your horse", he says.
"Hey, wait a minute," says you, "That horse had a saddle!".
"Yes it did, Mr. You, you're quite perceptive. See, this saddle is DLC, and you've only agreed to purchase the Standard Edition of this horse. The Collector's Edition horse recieves free horseshoes, as well as this here saddle pack. If you'd like your horse shoed and saddled, it will be ten extra gold for each service."
This is the point at which we find ourselves. Many people here are angry, that Mr. EA would try to keep saddles and horseshoes from them, then charge them ten extra gold for each at a later date. They're being forced to pay more gold at the whims of Mr. EA. He has the horseshoes now, there's nothing stopping him from just giving us the horseshoes or the saddle, he's holding them back, knowing that we'll pay him extra to get these things. We could ride a shoeless horse, or without a saddle, but we're missing things. The ride isn't as smooth, we can't ride as far.

This is why I buy all my horses from Mr. Valve. Mr. Valve doesn't really give a damn about me. He's got no more interest in me as a person than Mr. EA does, and his intent is no more noble. The difference is that Mr. Valve often puts his horses on sale. Mr. Valve has tons of horses that come with free horseshoes or saddles or whatever. Sometimes buying a horse from Mr. Valve will get you a free set of horseshoes or a saddle for a completely different horse. On occasion you get horseshoes for both horses, if you have one horse and buy another. Mr. Valve sells his horseshoes for a single gold coin, maybe two. He's even introduced a system on one of his horses (skyrim, the fanciest pony in the land) that allows rider-made horseshoes and saddles to automatically download, update, and install themselves on your pony each time you ride it. In fact, you can even search the whole warehouse full of horseshoes and saddles, all available for free, and keep track of the ones you like. Your horses and ponies even get groomed, updated if you will, free of charge, on a regular basis.

Can you see it now? Do you understand why people (including me) are pissed at EA on a regular basis? It's not because we're lazy, cheap, jerkwads. We're all lazy, cheap, jerkwads here.
It's because Mr. EA is an asshole. He's a penny-pinching, greedy little punk. He has a part of his horse he knows he can get away with selling to us for extra, and he's doing so. People do it all the time. Those people are entitled to do what they do, but those people are also assholes. Nobody likes them. Mr. EA can charge for the ability to make this prothean character a squadmate, along with some alternate skins. I think he's just being a money grubbing jerk, he's already rich and this is his chance to make even more cash on top of the boatloads he already will with the release of his new pony. He's made no attempt to hide his intentions, and although he's within his rights to do what he does, I consider him an asshole for his decision. I don't generally buy things from assholes. I don't care how nice his pony is. I like my ponies with all the available trimmings. This guy wants to upsell me these trimmings on a pony I've never even seen before. He's not giving me incentive, he's warning me about the consequences of not gettting the most expensive version of this pony as soon as possible. If I don't order the collector's pony, I'll get a pony, but I'll be missing on the trimmings. Hell, I'll miss out on bits of this pony if I buy it from the wrong pony-vending kiosk. Parts of this pony were ready before the pony's even been bred, but those bits have been witheld as trimmings, solely so that I would buy the collector's pony. I'm pissed about that stuff. I don't like paying this much more for a "completed"-feeling pony.
I'm going to buy this pony. Only this one time, because the mare looks good and I've already bought the mares that led up to this one. Might as well see it through to the finish. However, this long, tortured metaphor is my defense for my anger towards Mr. EA's business practices. He's an asshole, and I don't like buying ponies from an asshole pony breeder. When I buy ponies from an asshole pony breeder like Mr. EA, along with my beloved trimmings and saddle and horseshoes, it gives him the idea that we're fine with it. That we'll pay anything he wants, because we "need" our trimmings. We get systems like Origin, designed so that he can upsell us on ponies from the comfort of our own home. Now Mr. Ubisoft has got it in his head that he can sell us ponies that you can only ride while he's watching you. On top of that, he's tried to sell me the same damn assassin pony 3 times now.

So there you have it. Buying ponies from asshole pony breeders begets more asshole pony breeders. I have to suck it up, just this once, for the sake of this beautiful and majestic pony. That doesn't mean I have to like it when this guy tries to charge me for the pony's ability to trot, or to charge me 15 gold to ride my pony in a single new location.
With that, I'm done here. I'm going to bed, and in the morning I'll be checking the new Daily Deal over at Valve's Store for Trading Equines and Mares, or "S.T.E.A.M." for short.

Most likely EA was just being EA again. But frankly, I'm inclined to accept this explanation. For one thing, it makes a certain logical sense. And as a ME newb, I have no idea whatsoever who the Prothean are, and don't really care about whether or not I'm missing out on one of them in my squad if I decide to jump the bandwagon at this late stage in the game.

I think this is the proper response for this:

Doc Theta Sigma:
Every comment in this thread:

"WE SHOULD GET THIS EXTRA, COMPLETELY OPTIONAL CONTENT FOR FREE BECAUSE OF REASONS."

The character is in the game. Without having to purchase DLC. You get all his dialogue, interactions with others etc. The only thing the DLC gives you is the option to have him as a squad member.

Where did you hear this? Because this is the first I've heard of it.

And yes, it is because of reasons. Day one DLC (that is priced) is a giant scum bag move. Buying the complete package for this game will literally cost you over a hundred bucks. Not including the actual game.

It's something where people really do need to take a stand with this. They are squeezing every penny they can get out of the consumer. It's a sign from other companies that "hell, we can do this too".

And ten fucking dollars for one extra character in a game? I'm not buying it, obviously, but what kind of shit is that?

"The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete - and a huge game - right out of the box."

I so F***ing called this. This is what I was saying right from the start. It is a fan service, not some all essential content that you must have. Seriously people, get a grip.

He also noted that development on From Ashes did not begin "until well after the main game went into certification," a point Executive Producer Casey Hudson expanded on through Twitter.

Yeah, bull. I don't believe that for a second, but it really doesn't change what the content is.

Seriously though, a lot of posts in this thread disgust me. 'Half a game', 'Sheeple', 'Corporate apologists' - seriously, get of your F***ing high horse and get a grip of yourself. You are as damn greedy as the companies you are complaining about - if not more so.
A fan service that you really don't need, but you want because you like the series, and you're complaining about not getting it because you didn't order earlier. Yeah, you waited for the demo. Big. F***ing. Whoop. This content is meant for the fans who are very passionate about the game, and who would have preordered straight from the start - showing their support to developers and showing the publisher that the game will be bought. Now, because you didn't have faith in the game, and weren't that passionate earlier, you suddenly want something meant for people like that to be given to you free of charge.
It is NOT necessary content - and I see no reason that I ever would have considered it such. You do NOT need it - you simply want it 'cause it would be cool to have a Prothean squad mate.
Honestly, I can understand if you are unhappy that you won't be getting this. Calling the game unfinished as it ships without it (Except CE), and insulting any that disagree with you as they must worship corporations, just go with the crowd and walk up to CEOs and saying 'Please, take my money. You're a corporation and I feel sorry that people don't like you'. Honestly, its not that bad. It may be disappointing for you, but you know what? The world isn't going to end (Well, there is the Reapers, but Shepard's going to kick their ass), the corporation doesn't owe you anything, and the DLC is only $10. Yeah, expensive for DLC. If it means that much to you - buy it. If its not worth buying - it obviously isn't 'ESSENTIAL FUCKING content'.

Bullshit. Costumers shouldn't miss out on content because BioWare was too fucking slow and/or lazy to finish on time.

Paragon Fury:
Hey Bioware?

What about your loyal fans, or anyone else who wanted to wait for the demo of ME3 or previews and therefore can't get a CE? What about them? Now they have to pay for content and get shafted out of other content too.

you would be paying more for the collectors edition than buying the game and paying for the DLC, plus the deluxe edition is available on origin if you're getting it for PC. and if they were truly loyal fans, they would have preordered a collectors edition before the demo anyway. stop acting so entitled.

JoesshittyOs:

And ten fucking dollars for one extra character in a game? I'm not buying it, obviously, but what kind of shit is that?

The DLC includes alternate appearance outfits for every character in the game. As well as a side mission on Eden Prime.

How about those of us who WANTED to get the collectors edition but couldn't because by the time they had the money for it it was sold out? That doesn't make me any less of a fan of the series... Actually, hold the phone, I would put any amount of money on the fact there is some rich 'tard somewhere who is buying the collectors edition and doesn't really give two shits y'know he just had the money lying around so why not, and there's some overly passionate fan who HAD to get the normal edition because they couldn't afford the extra whatever amount for the collectors edition/too late to pre-order/[insert other perfectly legit and sensible reason here]

Also, Zaeed was finished before ME2 was released, how is this ANY different from that? They could manage to send him off for free for those of us in their minds "want to destroy the used games market by buying new". If there is ANYONE convinced by this PR drivel note the bold text. THAT is why they should be releasing it for free with all new copies, they have done it before and there is no valid reason they shouldn't this time.

All of this makes me so so sad. And not just this Day 1 DLC debate... all of it. EVERYTHING Bioware does these days gets criticized...

They're making a game? "They just want to steal my money!!!"
Sending free game copies into space early? "They are copying other people!"
Trying something new w/ DA2? "I wanted DA:O with the only change being a 2 at the end!"
ME3 has better combat? "Gears in Space. Durrr."

Is there ANYTHING they can do that would please you people outside of giving every game they ever make away for free?

It would be fitting if EA just set all of Bioware's offices on fire and sent every person working for them into deep space. Because MAYBE THEN this crowd of whining mongrels would realize how good they had it.

*sigh* Now I need a hug. 8'(

animehermit:

Did you make this yourself?!?!?? If you did, I am going to dedicate the rest of my life to the cause of spreading the holy goodness of your work. I will make copies of this and personally email it to everyone on this message board. I will jam it down their throats until their throats are full, and after that I will mince up copies and season their dinners with it.

You, sir/madam, have renewed my meager faith in humanity.

And I thank you for it!

Phenakist:
How about those of us who WANTED to get the collectors edition but couldn't because by the time they had the money for it it was sold out? That doesn't make me any less of a fan of the series...

Then buy the DLC after the game comes out? You actually end up paying less money than you would for the CE. "From Ashes" is $10 and the CE is $80 a full $20 more.

The.Bard:

animehermit:

Did you make this yourself?!?!?? If you did, I am going to dedicate the rest of my life to the cause of spreading the holy goodness of your work. I will make copies of this and personally email it to everyone on this message board. I will jam it down their throats until their throats are full, and after that I will mince up copies and season their dinners with it.

You, sir/madam, have renewed my meager faith in humanity.

And I thank you for it!

Sadly no, I stole this from the Mass Effect subreddit. It has since been posted elsewhere on r/gaming and r/games but was quickly getting buried because reasoned arguments almost always do there. Figured I'd post it here for y'all to see :D

I feel like gamers don't understand how freaking complex and long game development process is. Also, the entitlement is ridiculous. Essentially, people are bitching they aren't getting a DLC character made for the collector's edition for free with the standard. Bioware is actually being more chill than most devs who never offer the special stuff to fans who didn't want to shell out the money for the CE. It's not like you won't be able to bear the game without this character. For people saying that the employees aren't doing their job or being too lazy, it's opposite. They decided to not twiddle their thumbs during test, which is a freaking long process.

I dunno, maybe I'm pissed that gamers feel like they're entitled to something that was part of a package I paid $20 more for. I like the incentive I feel for supporting people that make games I like. Or maybe I feel like people are blowing this out of proportion, like gamers tend to do. Everything is the worst thing ever and ruining everything, we see it every time a AAA game comes out, without fail.

animehermit:

[large image snip]

This. This so much. Thank you.

Joccaren:

It is NOT necessary content - and I see no reason that I ever would have considered it such. You do NOT need it - you simply want it 'cause it would be cool to have a Prothean squad mate.

I agree. Actually when you think about it, you don't really need any squad members at all to win the game. Imo they should charge 10$ for every squad member because they aren't really necessary, its just 'cool' to have them. And they can just add an NPC helmsman with no personality, I mean its cool and all to have Joker and EDE, but really they aren't necessary to the game at all. If you really want joker back you can just pay a 5$ fee, 'cus its just not necessary content. Voice actors also cost money, and the game can get its plot across pretty well in text. I think you should have to pay a 1$ to each voice actor before the audio turns on.

christ im getting sick of downloadable content, especially when it involves some pretty heavy game/story stuff in it too

Bioware is full of shit.

They did the same on-launch-DLC move with Dragon Age 2. A whole new squad member and some quests, too. Exactly the same as in ME3.

And now try again telling me that they "couldn't" include it in the regular game ....
Complete and utter bullshit.

They develop their game and cut choice parts OUT to sell them seperately. It worked before, why shouldn't it work again?

Imagine they'd release Skyrim with Whiterun Markath or Riften only available as DLC. Or Left 4 Dead with a three-player mode, four-player mode as optional DLC.

Nah, Bioware is full of shit.

animehermit:

Phenakist:
How about those of us who WANTED to get the collectors edition but couldn't because by the time they had the money for it it was sold out? That doesn't make me any less of a fan of the series...

Then buy the DLC after the game comes out? You actually end up paying less money than you would for the CE. "From Ashes" is $10 and the CE is $80 a full $20 more.

You get alot more DLC & extras for that $20.

I don't understand the problem with the DLC, they have been doing it with all their games since DA:O. Why the sudden outcry now? What am I missing?
What they should really be shouting about is forcing Origin on people.

kurokenshi:

animehermit:

Phenakist:

I don't understand the problem with the DLC, they have been doing it with all their games since DA:O. Why the sudden outcry now? What am I missing?

Mostly cosmetic stuff though, and things like the artbook and soundtrack. In terms of actual game content if you wanted to have the same as someone with the CE it would be cheaper.

animehermit:

kurokenshi:

animehermit:

Mostly cosmetic stuff though, and things like the artbook and soundtrack. In terms of actual game content if you wanted to have the same as someone with the CE it would be cheaper.

Fair enough. Other option is to just wait until the all dlc is bundled together in an ultimate edition later.

I would have been fine with this if it was given free to all people who buy a new copy of the game. They do that already and im fine with that since they want to reward the people who buy the copies that they profit from.

This though is just them being greedy, im not even going to buy ME3 now. It's not so much boycotting it in protest as it is deciding it's not worth it, if they are doing this then they will do a lot more DLC too and to feel like I get the full experience for my money I will need to spend even more on both this and whatever other DLC they release, and it just ain't worth it.

There are other titles out there I want to get as well that don't make me pay even more money just to get the full experience. Im downloading the Crusader kings demo now, maybe i'll buy that game instead, or use the money I would have spent on ME3 to buy Metro: last light.

My point is that those who are complaining. Ask yourself this. Do you want the full experience, that is the full game and all the DLC? If so then are you willing to pay the large amount they are asking for? If so then great, if not then I urge you to just buy other games and not complain on the forums.
By all means make your displeasure with it known but nobody wants 5 topics per day ranting about it.

don't like it, stop moaning and just don't buy it. simples.
rent it if you're desperate to see how the story turns out.

I'm a bit on the Fence with Zaeed, the day one DLC Character for mass effect 2; It's a Jab at the used Games Market and one may or may not see why this could very well harm the Guys who jabbed themselves.
At best, this makes the Industry look a bit shady. Car Companies that see me driving around with their Age old Product are glad to see me driving their Product and their Company Logo around. Otherwise i might be in a new Car from another Company.

But whatever, the People want to give the Customers who buy their Product new a Bonus, fine.
That's what it should be, a Bonus.

In direct Comparison to ME3, this looks really good. In ME3, i get a new Character not as a "buy new" bonus, not as a Preorder Bonus, only if i buy the Collectors Edition. And that's ok unless i'm missing something Plot or Lore important.

If i can get every Lore important Dialogue from this Character or maybe a stand-in, that would be ok as far as i'm concerned.
We don't know that yet and my Decision wether i buy the Game or not has been made because of the Spyware "Origin".
Still, Bioware could be treading new Grounds here. If they where about to try to sell me this epic giant Game for more Money, because it costs more to produce and develop then your average FPS then i might just buy that.
I'm not big on Multiplayer. Can i get double the Playtime out of a Game like ME3 then i could get from "Call of Duty: I dunno maybe Libya this time"?
I think so.
I may be convinced to pay more for that. Maybe someone like Bethesda will make a giant Game, way bigger then Skyrim (because that's not *that* big) and charge more for that. Pay double Price for a humongous Game every few Years? I can dig that.

Biowares Business Practice however leaves a bad Taste. It seems like they want to push the sales of Collectors Editions with a valuable Piece of Lore. The Lore has been a Reason why i bought and played the first two Games and was fascinated with them.
Now Bioware seems to try to lure me with that.
I thought Bioware was above that. Well, maybe they are, seeing that we don't know if we just get a Squadmate with the CE and the Lore will be available to anyone who buys the Game.

On the other Hand, they are working with EA.

Mycroft Holmes:

Joccaren:

I agree. Actually when you think about it, you don't really need any squad members at all to win the game. Imo they should charge 10$ for every squad member because they aren't really necessary, its just 'cool' to have them. And they can just add an NPC helmsman with no personality, I mean its cool and all to have Joker and EDE, but really they aren't necessary to the game at all. If you really want joker back you can just pay a 5$ fee, 'cus its just not necessary content. Voice actors also cost money, and the game can get its plot across pretty well in text. I think you should have to pay a 1$ to each voice actor before the audio turns on.

and the award for funniest comment goes to..... this guy!

While the DLC may not be directly relevant to the plot of Mass Effect 3, it is directly relevant to the overall story.

After all how could the last member of the race that unlocked the secrets of Reaper tech with the Conduit, wrote code to over-ride Reaper control of the Keepers and the Citadel, the race which allowed the events of Mass Effect to happen in the first place not be extremely important to the overall story of the trilogy.

Cut from the game or developed after the main game was complete, I believe the thinking behind it was simple.

People are going to want to this character, someone is who quite obviously very important to the overall story of the Mass Effect universe, and they'll be willing to pay for it. Whether that payment is from buying the Collectors Edition or the Day-1 DLC.

Just speaking for myself I'm more upset about going from the Cerberus Network with free single player content to an online pass for a multiplayer I wont touch.

Why am I not surprised Zeel instantly pounced on this thread like a hungry cheetah on meth? I guess it's just become a bit of a recurring gimmick for him, 's all I'm saying.

I recall explaining this exact process in that thread he made about the subject. But without reading all eleven pages of this thread, I'm going to assume the explanation still hasn't sank in.

I'll probably get the DLC in due time, what with you know, WORKING for a living so I can buy things. A return to Eden Prime sounds like fan service, and Bioware usually knows how to tickle peoples nostalgia just the right way.

This is fine, to me. Ill eventualy get ME3 for Ps3 (Or buy it for PS3 then crack it for PC so its origin-free - Hey im still buying a copy of the game, leave me alone!) And since its
a) NOT essential to the storyline
b) Completely optional to buy
c) A Addition that, in the end, is really minor (Yet another squad-mate? You can take only two with you in the first place! Another person to be ignored in my line-up, no doubt)
d) Most likely cheap DLC anyway (<$15 im talking about)
e) Most likely a character tht i would hate (I just spent the past game fighting these things, who have little/no real backstory (Other than being the original *Spoiler* Race; At least legion was a part of a more fleshed out race)

And, finally,

F) Bioware has a good excuse for releasing DAy-One DLC; as explained above.

So i would eventualy Buy it (Or.. you know.. With a DLC patch). Its completely fine with me.

(And is it really pirating if i still give the company money for the game? IE; Getting a PS3 copy and grabbing a copy off the internet? Cos, im generaly against pirating except for games that are old and you cant find anymore - Im trying to rationalise it here guys)

I think i'll bite here, not because i like whats going on, I don't. but this is it.

I will not start anymore of EA's large franchises if they have this sort of dlc every ten minutes. its ridiculous.

I started mass effect before all of this dlc bullshit and i'd like to see it through, but if you think this will be acceptable when you launch your next big franchise? sorry pal you've lost a customer.

Zeel:

Gunner 51:
I'm getting rather annoyed at the publishers continuously over-charging for their games. I love games for being an art, but as a business - it stinks.

If this is the new face of Day 1 DLC, this will set a very unscrupulous and extortionate precident of charging full whack for half a game. The gamers should be voting with their wallets and if it so offends them - not buying it.

However social pressure and a heavy marketing campaign on EA's part make this a very difficult thing to do.

Having said all this, people shouldn't be angry at Bioware itself, they just make the game. But it's the publishers who chop it up and sell it on and put the squeeze on everyone else.

Either way I'll have a good think about cancelling my pre-order for Mass Effect 3. I'm tired of being ripped off every time I buy a game.

Yes, all we ask is you think about it. We all know the game is tempting. I loved the series too but if we keep letting them do this, they wont stop. I do take issue with your its EA not Bioware. EA is Bioware now. stop confusing them as different entities.

I'd say atleast wait for the reviews. If they are ball out of the park. Even I wont be able to deny that Bioware got results.

I am confident that the reviews will all be glowing ones singing the praises of the new installment of Mass Effect. Though in this day and age, reviewers shouldn't be trusted too much. Especially in light of the fallout from the Dragon Age 2 review here. (Boy, did that get nasty...)

However, I wasn't aware that EA is Bioware. I always thought the two of them were separate entities. Bioware handling the writing, assembly and creation while EA decides how to sell it to the gamers and how much of it. It's sad to see that EA isn't leaving Bioware alone to do thier thing and not cut their work up like this for the sake of a few quid...

ITT: People seeing the perfectly reasonable explanation given by Bioware and going WAAAHHHH WAAHHHHH I WANT FREE STUFF BECAUSE FUCK EA. Seriously, quit the bitching people, this happens every single fricking time Bioware gets mentioned.

Jimmybobjr:

(And is it really pirating if i still give the company money for the game? IE; Getting a PS3 copy and grabbing a copy off the internet? Cos, im generaly against pirating except for games that are old and you cant find anymore - Im trying to rationalise it here guys)

i'd say it isnt, as you've paid, but i bet you get a warning

Mr Ink 5000:

Jimmybobjr:

i'd say it isnt, as you've paid, but i bet you get a warning

Im worried about getting a warning from the escapist crew, so im actiualy trying to be vague here.

I know it isnt completely morealy correct, but i prefer PC gaming to PS3, and i want it on PC without Origin... Sooooo yeah. :/

Oh, I'm enjoying this. It doesn't affect me because I decided against buying it a while back. As much as I think he is really hit and miss, TotalBiscuit nailed this one.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here