BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 43 NEXT

I find it amusing people believe what a PR TEAM says. Then again, I also found it amusing Dragon Age 2 got high ratings.

Zeel:

Richardplex:

Zeel:

Well if you're buying a game even though they are trying to screw you over... What else could you be? stop trying to equate the sides. We are not equal, that much is apparent. We didn't start the blasted namecalling until this "entitled" word came up. tit for tat. However are sides aren't equal by any stretch of imagination.

*checks the thread* ...nope, you were the first. If you mean overall, well sir, I wish to see proof that the sheep called the entitled entitled first over the internet, you know, since your so demanding of confirmation. Otherwise, I'm just going to call BS on the "they called us this first so it's totally cool" thing.

Keep derailing the issue folks. If you aren't going to discuss the main topic why on God's green earth are you critiquing 'insults'. petty and useless gripe. I don't care who called who first. Our sides are not equal, that is my main concern. If you are replying to me, do address what I BRING UP.

My bad, I mixed up the irrelevant things you posted with the irrelevant-but-you've-decided-as-being-relevant things you posted. Seriously, what is on topic in the post I quoted? the sides not being equal? That's not about ME3 DLC, that's about your imaginary war.

Oh, and since I might as well respond to all your points. Why am I doing this? I'm currently in downtime waiting for someone, and this seemed appropriate to pass the time. I hope that's acceptable.

Zeel:

Tzekelkan:
That's just it guys, can't you see? All Zeel wants is to feel superior. He is fighting the good fight, and will not go gently into the night (like the rest of us schmucks that don't know our foreheads from our anuses).

Boycotting a game is a reasonable reaction to quality issues. Do not try to compare my side to some sort of fringe terrorist group. am I calling people to freaking bomb the HQ? no, boycott. boycott, boycott, boycott. If you find that to 'extreme' then it is you with the issues, not me.

Well, I never said you were extreme. Granted, some poeple on the thread here did say it, and since you have trouble differentiating between people who disagree with you (sheeple, I know), I'll give you that.

All I'm argueing is that calling everyone who disagrees with you a mindless sheep-person hybrid ("Anyone who agrees with this practice is a brainwashed sheep with no independent thought") and continuously attacking these people ("Well if you're buying a game even though they are trying to screw you over... What else could you be?") isn't a "reasonable reaction to quality issues".

I believe you're overreacting. I see you calling me names, all for thinking their reasoning isn't 100% absurd (also, a game's producer isn't exactly in the PR team, but whatever) and even though I have no intention of buying the game. So, I don't know. Are you extreme? I don't really care, because I don't know you and won't be able to change your position even an inch. So carry on fighting, soldier.

Agente L:

Blind Sight:

Agente L:
What's up with the use of "gamer entitlement" at every bioware thread now?

Everyone that disagree with the way bioware does business now are angry gamers with "gamer entitlement? Is that a new buzzword or what?

It goes both ways I'd argue. People who criticize Bioware are called entitled, while people who don't are sheep or just wallets with no brains. It's basically non-stop strawmen.

My opinion? Don't really care. I might purchase this at a later time, but as of now I really don't have the time or money to be purchasing new titles. Either way the DLC doesn't really bug me.

Yea, I understand that. But I already made my decision, I won't buy me3, with only exception:

And that's perfectly fine, you're exercising your right to reject the product on legitimate grounds. I just wish this debate wouldn't turn into a pathetic name-calling game and people on both sides could accept that other people might have different consumer demands then them.

Doc Theta Sigma:
Every comment in this thread:

"WE SHOULD GET THIS EXTRA, COMPLETELY OPTIONAL CONTENT FOR FREE BECAUSE OF REASONS."

The character is in the game. Without having to purchase DLC. You get all his dialogue, interactions with others etc. The only thing the DLC gives you is the option to have him as a squad member.

So they removed the whole point of having him in the game at all just to make a few extra bucks on opening day? This revelation was supposed to dampen my outrage HOW?

Zeel:

Agente L:
What's up with the use of "gamer entitlement" at every bioware thread now?

Everyone that disagree with the way bioware does business now are angry gamers with "gamer entitlement? Is that a new buzzword or what?

Yes. That and "Bioware is telling the truth". I'd sooner bite off my thumb than believe a word that comes out of the Bioware's PR team. Their entire job is lie to the consumer.

I think you should maybe skip buying ME3 before you have a heart attack from the rage.

I think we're just having an opinionurbating discussion on what the word "extra" means in the context of Mass Effect game content as it pertains to the narrative.

Fine. I can't complain about derailing the topic when I am partially to blame. I take back my "sheep" comment. You guys at best are turtles.

Edit: see, post edited. Back to the issue, please.

DVS BSTrD:

Doc Theta Sigma:

"WE SHOULD GET THIS EXTRA, COMPLETELY OPTIONAL CONTENT FOR FREE BECAUSE OF REASONS."

The character is in the game. Without having to purchase DLC. You get all his dialogue, interactions with others etc. The only thing the DLC gives you is the option to have him as a squad member.

So they removed the whole point of having him in the game at all just to make a few extra bucks on opening day? This revelation WAs supposed to dampen my outrage HOW?

Whoa whoa whoa. You have just insisted that all of us believe that the reason for a Prothean NPC to be in the game is to be a playable squad member.

I respectfully and facepalmedly disagree.

so when some of the crew doesn't have anything to do, they whip together some dlc that isn't part of the main game, and charge for it?

makes sense to me.

(not being sarcastic, this actually does make sense to me. i mean, it's not like this will have a huge impact on the main plot or anything. still being serious by the way.)

Zeel:
Fine. I can't complain about derailing the topic when I am partially to blame. I take back my "sheep" comment. You guys at best are turtles.

... why can't i be a human?...'cause that's ..y'know.... what i am?

DVS BSTrD:

Doc Theta Sigma:

So they removed the whole point of having him in the game at all just to make a few extra bucks on opening day? This revelation WAs supposed to dampen my outrage HOW?

Even worse. They removed him as essential and then went out of their way to develop it as a DLC. It's like going "neyneyneerr look at what the game could've been!"

God EA games are a bunch of schmucks.

DVS BSTrD:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Because having him as a squad mate more than likely makes sod all impact. Akin to having Zaeed or Kasumi in your squad in ME2. People are confusing the character with the squad mate.

This is just such a ridiculous shift in practice compared to how bioware used to work. Wasn't the DLC mission from ME1 like 400 MS points, dropping to like 200 after the game had been out for a long time? It's content that they had ready for day one, that they're only giving to people who pay extra money. And not a small amount of extra money, either. It's only slightly less ridiculous then paying $10 for 3 maps, then making them required to access certain playlists. I thought the days of "please insert coin to continue" were finished.

Sincerely, I think that all "DLC" made inbetween finishing the game and it going gold should come free as day one (or first patch) DLC.

If valve does free DLC, why other can't?

Doc Theta Sigma:

DVS BSTrD:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Because having him as a squad mate more than likely makes sod all impact. Akin to having Zaeed or Kasumi in your squad in ME2. People are confusing the character with the squad mate.

Can we see some offical fucking info or something. The prothean squadmate is relevant in the leaks. Now you're claiming two things;
1. Either the leak was changed so the prothean ISNT relevant
or
2. THe prothean is relevant but his squadplayability isn't.

I want to see some confirmation on either point.

1 is still bad though, but one step at a time.

Cause I cant possibily imagine how A PROTHEAN the basis for the ENTIRE FIRST GAME (AND SECOND) can have quests that have no impact on the story. confirmation now. some PR sod going off about how 'optional' it is. isn't confirmation.

Working on DLC after the game went gold? BETRAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!! /spoony Kill 'em! String 'em from the yardarms! Crucify them! Crucify them! Crucify them!

In case my position on this issue is not clear, I am okay with this.

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

DVS BSTrD:

Can we see some offical fucking info or something. The prothean squadmate is relevant in the leaks. Now you're claiming two things;
or

Cause I cant possibily imagine how A PROTHEAN the basis for the ENTIRE FIRST GAME (AND SECOND) can have quests that have no impact on the story. confirmation now. some PR sod going off about how 'optional' it is. isn't confirmation.

becuase he may just be a solder and not understand the tech so he won't be much help other then shooting stuff

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

DVS BSTrD:

or

Don't you think you may be overstating the importance of the Protheans just a tad?

Also:

The prothean character is relevant in the leaks.

Fixed that for you.

Agente L:
Sincerely, I think that all "DLC" made inbetween finishing the game and it going gold should come free as day one (or first patch) DLC.

Because: X-box live. Seriously. On X-Box live, you can't give away DLC for free. As such, they have to charge for the DLC across all platforms, otherwise it won't be fair. There are other, more obvious reasons, but that is really one of the biggest. :/

anthony87:

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

or

Don't you think you may be overstating the importance of the Protheans just a tad?

Also:

Fixed that for you.

I asked you both two things to show me

Is The prothean relevant or not? If not, I want to see something a little more offical than "EA wouldn't do that" (because we know they would)

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

DVS BSTrD:

or

Yes, because having a relevant, non-squadmate character become a squad-mate in DLC definitely has not happened before in the series. *cough, cough* Liara in ME2 *cough, cough*

Zeel:

anthony87:

Zeel:

or

Also:

Fixed that for you.

Is The prothean relevant or not? If not, I want to see something a little more offical than "EA wouldn't do that" (because we know they would)

Is the Prothean relevant to Mass Effect 3? Yes I would imagine so.

Please, continue.

BreakfastMan:

Agente L:

Because: X-box live. Seriously. On X-Box live, you can't give away DLC for free. As such, they have to charge for the DLC across all platforms, otherwise it won't be fair. There are other, more obvious reasons, but that is really one of the biggest. :/

Actually, I think you can. Super Meat Boy did it. It was a "unblockable content", so you got it by doing something I don't quite remember, and you would download it, when it was actually DLC. Quite ingenious.

anthony87:

Zeel:

anthony87:

Also:

Fixed that for you.

Please, continue.

And confirmation that we get all the content/dialogue related to the prothean that is relevant?

Zeel:

Edit: see, post edited. Back to the issue, please.

You take back your comment and call us something else? Doesn't that place you back to where you started?

anthony87:

Zeel:

anthony87:

Also:

Fixed that for you.

Please, continue.

i don't see how unless he has some hidden tech that helps

Agente L:

BreakfastMan:

Agente L:

Actually, I think you can. Super Meat Boy did it. It was a "unblockable content", so you got it by doing something I don't quite remember, and you would download it, when it was actually DLC. Quite ingenious.

Yeah, that was a downloadable game that was fairly small. This is a AAA major title that will, most likely, span multiple disks. I really don't think that that would be viable for this game. Would be great if it was. :P

Holy crap. I read the post before work today, and I figured after work I'd write an objective explanation on first day DLC and development budgets and supply and demand...then I read the comments.

This is really simple. If you believe the value of the game is worth its price, then buy it. If you believe the value of the DLC or the collector's edition is worth the extra cost, then buy that too. Otherwise, don't buy those things. Then direct your anger at issues that actually matter, and we might be able to make a dent in solving some of the world's problems.

Zeel:

anthony87:

Zeel:

Please, continue.

And confirmation that we get all the content/dialogue related to the prothean that is relevant?

If you're talking about the information presented in the leak that's been mentioned I couldn't say. Haven't seen the leak.

tony2077:

Well I doubt they'd have the Prothean in the game without some sort of plot point focused on him.

anthony87:

Zeel:

anthony87:

Also:

Fixed that for you.

Please, continue.[quote]

If you're talking about the information presented in the leak that's been mentioned I couldn't say. Haven't seen the leak.

We are back at square one then. Aren't we? This dlc is the epitome of how greedy EA games has become.

Edit. How greedy EA games IS.

anthony87:

Zeel:

anthony87:

Please, continue.

tony2077:

Well I doubt they'd have the Prothean in the game without some sort of plot point focused on him.

but how important will that plot it may be like the side missions from the first two where it has little or no effected on the story just some useless back story that doesn't change the outcome other then knowing more about them like the info about the collectors it just said they were prothean but didn't change anything about the way the game ended

Zeel:

anthony87:

Zeel:

Please, continue.

We are back at square one then. Aren't we? This dlc is the epitome of how greedy EA games has become.

you keep dragging us there and how is this about ea there the publisher or are you just basing this all on the fact that ea is even there

BreakfastMan:

Zeel:

Doc Theta Sigma:

or

Yes, because having a relevant, non-squadmate character become a squad-mate in DLC definitely has not happened before in the series. *cough, cough* Liara in ME2 *cough, cough*

It's amazing that you think this is a good argument.

TRY THE DLC WAS RELEASED LIKE A WHOLE FREAKING YEAR LATER. they want to do that with the prothean. fiiiiiiiine by me, but if they are capable of doing it now, then why shouldn't that be accessible to everyone for the sticker price? not some bullshit dlc crap.

Zeel:

BreakfastMan:

Zeel:

or

It's amazing that you think this is a good argument.

TRY THE DLC WAS RELEASED LIKE A WHOLE FREAKING YEAR LATER. they want to do that with the prothean. fiiiiiiiine by me, but if they are capable of doing it now, then why shouldn't that be accessible to everyone for the sticker price? not some bullshit dlc crap.

because it was worked on after the game was completed so they had time so they decided to make this dlc. all it does is add icing to the cake

Zeel:

anthony87:

Zeel:

Please, continue.[quote]

Edit. How greedy EA games IS.

But the Prothean is in the game regardless or whether or not you buy the DLC. Same as how Liara was in ME2 but wasn't playable without the DLC that you had to pay extra for so I just can't see what the big deal is. It's the exact same thing they done in ME2.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here