BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 43 NEXT

Zen Toombs:
....Guys, why is this getting all this attention? Let's all just calm down a bit.

Too late :D

This thread is already dying down, you should have been here last night, now that was a laugh.

Daystar Clarion:

Zen Toombs:
....Guys, why is this getting all this attention? Let's all just calm down a bit.

Too late :D

This thread is already dying down, you should have been here last night, now that was a laugh.

yep that was fun now back to me2

SajuukKhar:

vrbtny:

OT : They can defend it as much as they like, I ain't buying ME3 until it doesn't require Origin. Bring it Steam, and I'll buy it.

Steam is gonna have to change its shitty DLC policy before that happens.

As much as I love steam it REALLY does have a TERRIBLE DLC policy back to what it was before Crysi 2 came out.

that's the main problem with steam and ea if that policy wasn't there there games would still be on steam

LJJ:

I'd say the characters are a pretty important part of ME. Nobody would dream of cutting a significant character out of a good novel or movie.

Jar Jar... oh. I see, you did specify a GOOD movie. Carry on then. :-P

This is either a blatant money grab rip-off $DLC (for $10) or EA is making the push that new triple-A games are now going to cost $70 (for console, $60 for PC). And they are going to make you choke it down with ME3.

And many of you are really off the mark. This has nothing to do with entitlement, it has to do with the feeling like you are not getting ripped off in process of enjoying our hobby.
If publishers/developers wish continue good will toward their customers, they should budget & plan that day-one DLC is free for all new (and all) game copies.
Perhaps the DLC market is moving faster then what consumers are able to feel comfortable with, even more so when they are already asking for $50/$60 for new copies.

I'm sitting here LOLing at people's reactions over such a small matter. The DLC is not critical to the STORY of ME3, because if so, they wouldn't have made it after ME3 was completed. ME3 will be released as a complete game, there just happens to be extra content you can get from launch.

The Rainmaker:
I'm sitting here LOLing at people's reactions over such a small matter. The DLC is not critical to the STORY of ME3, because if so, they wouldn't have made it after ME3 was completed. ME3 will be released as a complete game, there just happens to be extra content you can get from launch.

Same. This thread has been a constant source of entertainment for me over the last few days. I'm kind of disappointed that it's dying down now. More conjecture please! I've finished all my work and I need some LOLs.

Wow......I don't think any of us expected this thread to get over 1000 posts.

anthony87:
Wow......I don't think any of us expected this thread to get over 1000 posts.

I actually expected zeel to be the 1000th poster.

HA this is nothing. I remember back three years ago in the great MM of Relic vs Blizzard. That thread went into the thousands! It was such a great day when Relic came on top.

OT: Still buying ME3, I knew a while ago that their was going to be a Pro as a DLC character. I also don't see why they would lie and say he not in the game, when Liara was in ME2 as a character. Then as a DLC character for a few missions.

It costs 10 bucks, whats that amount up to? Lunch. Quit whining, your ruining the community with your hyperbolic fanfare.

MrHide-Patten:
It costs 10 bucks, whats that amount up to? Lunch. Quit whining, your ruining the community with your hyperbolic fanfare.

The fans ruin everything in every fandom. I hate being a gamer at times with how the fans act now a days.

OHH SHIZ GUYS

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.351823-Poll-Are-We-Entitled?page=6

ZEEL IS BACK, made a post about 8-10 mintues ago.

Woah.
I am now convinced that i am staying clear of these games for it's bat-shit insane fan-base.

A thread gets over 1000 views. Related to launch-day DLC. THE FUCK?!
This is like that whole Derpy thing...

Society is in a poor state if this is what matters the most to us.

animehermit:

Yet no one complained when they did the same thing in ME2. Somebody honestly tell me that Shadow Broker and Arrival aren't important to the overall plot of the franchise.

To be fair, Android just did complain about how it was wrong then, too.

I have trouble seeing this as important stuff, barring some major revelation that yes, it changes the plot in major ways. I'd actually go so far as to say Arrival was a bigger deal, and you're right. Very few people complained about that.

Sizzle Montyjing:
Woah.
I am now convinced that i am staying clear of these games for it's bat-shit insane fan-base.

A thread gets over 1000 views. Related to launch-day DLC. THE FUCK?!
This is like that whole Derpy thing...

Society is in a poor state if this is what matters the most to us.

Well to be fair, the vast majority of this thread kinda devolved into a few of us poking Zeel with sticks. Many many sticks.

Chuckles were had.

anthony87:

Well to be fair, the vast majority of this thread kinda devolved into a few of us poking Zeel with sticks. Many many sticks.

Chuckles were had.

Well why didn't you say so?!
I GOT GORDON FROHMAN!

I don't really care about Mass Effect and Bioware's games outside of SWTOR are basically shit right now, but I have to say he sort of just changed my mind about Day 1 DLC in about a single sentence. Explaining that a game goes Gold, then the dev team kind of just waits around for 3 months otherwise actually brought me to their side. I mean, it's better than doing nothing, and if it's done now it's better than withholding it for no reason. Plus, it sounds like it comes with the CE? Overall I think this sounds pretty reasonable.

vrbtny:

OT : They can defend it as much as they like, I ain't buying ME3 until it doesn't require Origin. Bring it Steam, and I'll buy it.

One of my favorite .gifs ever because of how ludicrously stupidly entertaining it is! :D

OT: DOWN WITH EA! BURN THE TYRANT TO THE GROUND! amidoinitrite?!

SajuukKhar:
OHH SHIZ GUYS

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.351823-Poll-Are-We-Entitled?page=6

ZEEL IS BACK, made a post about 8-10 mintues ago.

Oh really? Guess I'd better get back to poking the bear so.

^_^

I see the frequent posters in this thread showed their colors. Keep spamming useless, unfunny pictures. I know that the discussion made your brain hurt. the possibility that Bioware might not be the bunnies and rainbows type of company but more of the Darth Vader-give-me-your-soul type of company.

I also cant believe SajuukKhar(Sarah from now on) still has the nerve to argue in this thread. You know I refuted everything you said right? Why do you persist in bringing them up when I'm not looking?

Zeel:
the possibility that Bioware might not be the bunnies and rainbows type of company but more of the Darth Vader-give-me-your-soul type of company.

ahahahahaha what. selling some optional DLC now equates a company to a soul stealing Darth Vader?

I just...haha.. I don't know anymore.

The fact you result to calling me Sarah when you don't know my gender or name only shows how little of a argument you have.

Secondly no you didn't refute ANYTHING I said because
"BIOWARE ARE LIARS BECAUSE I SAID SO"
Is not refutation.

Zeel:
I see the frequent posters in this thread showed their colors. Keep spamming useless, unfunny pictures. I know that the discussion made your brain hurt. the possibility that Bioware might not be the bunnies and rainbows type of company but more of the Darth Vader-give-me-your-soul type of company.

I also cant believe SajuukKhar(Sarah from now on) still has the nerve to argue in this thread. You know I refuted everything you said right? Why do you persist in bringing them up when I'm not looking?

Wei so srs?

Also.

Day one DLC is a bit shitty but not worth thirty pages and more than 1,000 posts. Its 10 dollars. 10 fucking dollars.

Yeah, its shitty.

BUT ITS 10 FUCKING DOLLARS. If you cannot afford 10 dollars, well, how did you afford the 60 for the game.

And if its the principal of the thing?

That is just fucked up. All of you.

30 pages of rage.

During the last 24 hours, more than 400 women and children have been raped in teh Democratic Republic of Congo. When I say children I mean children as young as 8 months old.

Whilst I was typing this post, about a dozen children starved to death.
About 8 died of Diahorrea caused by cholera.

The 10 dollars you are all bitching and moaning about

Could provide water for a family for a week.

So please.

You bunch of entitled wankers.

Why is it that EA pulling a dickmove makes people rage out for more than 1,000 POSTS yet the fact that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE DYING BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A CRAP doesn't bother a single one of you?

Get your priorities strait guys. All of you.

This.
Doesnt.
Fucking.
Matter.

Sizzle Montyjing:

anthony87:

Chuckles were had.

Well why didn't you say so?!
I GOT GORDON FROHMAN!

Awh man! If you'd been here then Zeel would have been screaming from top of lungs!

Razada:
Snip

Wei so srs?

I do hope you're kidding. This hasn't been 30 pages of rage. This has been 30 pages of antagonizing a mentally unstable and easily upset user that will remain unnamed.

Sure, it's mean, but welcome to the internet. This forum is one of the better ones, but I'm sure you already know that.

Don't try to guilt trip people. It doesn't work and simply is beneath you.

ANYWAY

I just showed this thread to a non-gaming friend of mine. His thoughts?

"These people know that video games are luxury items, right?"

He so crazy!

He's back! Everyone, cease attempting using calm rational logic to display your approval/non approval ME3! It will get you nowhere now!

Zeel:

Ok, 10$ DLC = guy who blows up planets and chokes pregnant women apparently. You're not exaggerating at all.

Zachery Gaskins:
"WHY DOES HIS HAMBURGER HAVE BACON? MINE DOESN'T HAVE BACON. I DON'T CARE THAT HE PAID MORE FOR HIS BURGER - YOU KNEW ALL ALONG YOU COULD PUT BACON ON THE HAMBURGER - WHY ARE YOU LYING TO US"

So what the whargarblers are saying, essentially, is that a hamburger is incomplete unless it has bacon on it?

Brilliant anecdote, only problem I have with this is that all burgers should have bacon by default.

zeel you have no creditability here so it best to move on to some other site

Razada:

Zeel:

Wei so srs?

Also.

Day one DLC is a bit shitty but not worth thirty pages and more than 1,000 posts. Its 10 dollars. 10 fucking dollars.

Yeah, its shitty.

BUT ITS 10 FUCKING DOLLARS. If you cannot afford 10 dollars, well, how did you afford the 60 for the game.

And if its the principal of the thing?

That is just fucked up. All of you.

30 pages of rage.

During the last 24 hours, more than 400 women and children have been raped in teh Democratic Republic of Congo. When I say children I mean children as young as 8 months old.

Whilst I was typing this post, about a dozen children starved to death.
About 8 died of Diahorrea caused by cholera.

The 10 dollars you are all bitching and moaning about

Could provide water for a family for a week.

So please.

You bunch of entitled wankers.

Why is it that EA pulling a dickmove makes people rage out for more than 1,000 POSTS yet the fact that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE DYING BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A CRAP doesn't bother a single one of you?

Get your priorities strait guys. All of you.

This.
Doesnt.
Fucking.
Matter.

It was just a matter of time before someone pulled the whole Africa starving routine. I think its almost as bad Godwin's Law.

But wait- 10 dollars you say? Well damn. Why didn't you say so? I mean here I thought this was less about money and more about holding EA games accountable for scumy dick moves. but you know what, that 10 dollar theory seems more likely.

I'm going to state some facts so people can form their own opinion on this:
- The DLC was made after the core game was made.
- Developers took no time from the core development to make the DLC.
- The DLC doesn't add any integral story content.
- You don't have to buy the DLC, it is optional.
- TotalBiscuit is merely speculating that this content is taken out from the core game.
- It is noones business to decide if a game is incomplete when they haven't even played it.
Reply if you disagree.

SajuukKhar:
The fact you result to calling me Sarah when you don't know my gender or name only shows how little of a argument you have.

Is not refutation.

Oh Sarah you're so god damn adorable!!!
What are you? a kaidan romancer? am I right? Kaidan romancers only exist for Bioware. You display all there typical traits.

Bioware are liars because they lied about the prothean development date. Why do you insist on debating this with me? You know you lost, yet here you are, chest UP trying again. I mean, its almost commendable how badly you want to defend them. Almost.

ohh Zeal why is it that you cant see that
"BECAUSE I SAID THEY STARTED DEVELOPMENT BEFORE THE BASE GAME WAS COMPLETE IT MUST BE TRUE"
is not an argument.

It's almost funny how badly you want to demonize Bioware when all evidence points to that you are wrong.

Actino:
I'm going to state some facts so people can form their own opinion on this:
- The DLC was made after the core game was made.
- Developers took no time from the core development to make the DLC.
- The DLC doesn't add any integral story content.
- You don't have to buy the DLC, it is optional.
- TotalBiscuit is merely speculating that this content is taken out from the core game.
- It is noones business to decide if a game is incomplete when they haven't even played it.
Reply if you disagree.

Only one of what you listed is a fact. Why do you stragglers keep coming from BSN. stay over at BSN if all you want to do is spout PR speak.

-the Dlc was not made after the core game. the prothean was mentioned back in NOVEMBER
-Yes they bloody did. Setting aside time to develop DLC's in the 'core development' is the
-The leaks have the Prothean very relevant and important to the story. so try again
exact definition of using core resources for DLC's.
-Thanks for this obvious fact. Too bad if I want to play the game to its fullest, I have to buy the DLC
-So only EA games can decide if a game is complete? No wonder you bought their additional dlc garbage. You've bought everything they ever said.

SajuukKhar:
ohh Zeal why is it that you cant see that
"BECAUSE I SAID THEY STARTED DEVELOPMENT BEFORE THE BASE GAME WAS COMPLETE IT MUST BE TRUE"
is not an argument.

It's almost funny how badly you want to demonize Bioware when all evidence points to that you are wrong.

Damn. I think Becky is a better name for you. You acting like a teenage girl now. Do you deny that the prothean was in the leaks?

Zeel:

SajuukKhar:

Is not refutation.

Oh Sarah you're so god damn adorable!!!
What are you? a kaidan romancer? am I right? Kaidan romancers only exist for Bioware. You display all there typical traits.

Bioware are liars because they lied about the prothean development date. Why do you insist on debating this with me? You know you lost, yet here you are, chest UP trying again. I mean, its almost commendable how badly you want to defend them. Almost.

So a person can be considered a mindless moron because of their favorite LI? What is even the Hell?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here