Mass Effect 3 Drops to $29.99

Pages PREV 1 2

still waiting for the DLC in case it does clear things up in this already awful ending. otherwise i might throw the games away and pretend they dont exist.
damn, even for5$ its not worth due bad ending.

Is it just me, or is the title of this post kinda... misleading?

I mean, Amazon sales are not an actual price drop. Just a temporary sale. It'd be like me saying that "Game X has had its price cut to $5!" just because it was on sale on Steam that day.

Look at all these internet tough guys talking about how they won't buy the game at this price, despite having all purchased it already. Just because you already sold it doesn't mean you didn't give EA your money. And if you didn't play the game, you have no right to judge it.

Oh, who are we kidding? This is the internet! Everyone has the right to judge everyone!

Yet another very one sided article, isn't there supposed to be some objectiveness in writing professionally. Admittedly stripping out all the passive-aggressiveness towards people that didn't like the endings would mean the article would be a paragraph but why not just write an unbiased paragraph?

If I possessed $30 to pay for this bit of software then I would do so, but alas I have no more then 5 U.S. dollars to my name, and so ME3 alludes me again.

This is a wonderful example of a great thing being the result of massive idiocy...

Great ending (screw you guys, yes it was) leads to bitching leads to nerd outcry leads to Amazon reducing prices.

Kind of beautiful in a sick way...

Like inventing the blender by someone sticking their penis in a rotating fan.

How much did Amazon pay for this? I am not joking either, I am really curious what was involved in getting this article posted b/c this seems like an ad for Amazon's sale today and not a news article.

I mean since when does the The Escapist write an article every time a game goes on sale?

I love you guys but you are really trying to monetize the crap out of this site.

superbowlbound:
HAHAHA! That's what happens when you ship 3.5 million and only sell 1.5 million

Lolwut? It sold 1.5 million physical copies in March. That's kind of, you know, the top of the sales chart without even including digital sales. In one month. 30 days. 1500000 psychical sales.

I haven't even played Mass Effect 3 (nor will I, as Mass Effect 2 was a huge letdown) but this ME3 hate is infinitely amusing.

EDIT: actually, given the staggered release dates, it's more like 20 days. 1500000 copies in about 20 days.

Seems just the Xbox 360 version is sale priced. The PS3 version is 45'ish.

I have to pay $30 for the privilege of installing Origin on my PC? Yeah...I'm gonna get right on that.

Zaul2010:
Wish they would do this for KOAR. Nearly 3 months and the price hasn't dropped a single squid. Even CEX has it at 38!

Why? The game is boring, repetitive and bland and certainly not worth half the asking price. Play WoW for a month and you'll have the same experience, with the added benefit of other humans to play with and more character classes to choose from. Or just play Skyrim again and save your money.

Oh look, I can't download it or have it shipped to my address, I should have known it was too good to be true. Bloody typical.

Damn import/export laws.

Note to self: stop buying games when they are released...

Between deals like this and the inevitable GotY editions etc (all it takes is some substandard industry hack to award it goty in some obscure awards) I'm starting to think buying a game on release is a fools errand.

I got a couple of Sims 2 expansions off Amazon that have been harder to find than the Holy Grail for Cthulu. Amazon is credit to team!

Grey Day for Elcia:

superbowlbound:
HAHAHA! That's what happens when you ship 3.5 million and only sell 1.5 million

Lolwut? It sold 1.5 million physical copies in March. That's kind of, you know, the top of the sales chart without even including digital sales. In one month. 30 days. 1500000 psychical sales.

I haven't even played Mass Effect 3 (nor will I, as Mass Effect 2 was a huge letdown) but this ME3 hate is infinitely amusing.

EDIT: actually, given the staggered release dates, it's more like 20 days. 1,500,000 copies in about 20 days.

You do know that's less than a 50% sales rate. Also it barely sold anything on PC, only about another 100,000 copies. Companies expect to sell at least 75% of their physical copies on launch, that is just pathetic.

I went to Wal-mart yesterday and it was also 29,99$

gmaverick019:

LadyDeadly:

Mike Kayatta:

You mean this Wal*Mart? http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=mass+effect+3&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Also ... the article is about Amazon's deal, which is only happening today. While my skills are vast and ponderous, time travel beyond 1 second/second is sadly not among them at present.

you know, if you leave your bloody house and actaully go into the elusive building known to many as WALMART, sitting on the shelf with the other xbox titles, theres the mass effect 3 game priced at 30$
and if you direct your attention span to the INSTORE pc games section, mass effect 3 will be there for 60 dollars.

bugger off.

it would be alot of work to prove it that i just don't care about right now, but i did just go to wal mart yesterday to pick up some soda, and me3 was in fact 60 dollars still across the board...

so you either have a very very fortunate rebellious wal mart in your area, or i don't know where your getting that from...

I bought it at Wal-Mart 2 weeks ago for $29.99 + tax also, so this guy isn't lying. Maybe its only at Canadian Wal Mart?

silent299:

gmaverick019:

LadyDeadly:

you know, if you leave your bloody house and actaully go into the elusive building known to many as WALMART, sitting on the shelf with the other xbox titles, theres the mass effect 3 game priced at 30$
and if you direct your attention span to the INSTORE pc games section, mass effect 3 will be there for 60 dollars.

bugger off.

it would be alot of work to prove it that i just don't care about right now, but i did just go to wal mart yesterday to pick up some soda, and me3 was in fact 60 dollars still across the board...

so you either have a very very fortunate rebellious wal mart in your area, or i don't know where your getting that from...

I bought it at Wal-Mart 2 weeks ago for $29.99 + tax also, so this guy isn't lying. Maybe its only at Canadian Wal Mart?

that is very true, it might just be a canadian thing right now then, as i went to best buy earlier and they also still had it at 60 bucks (was getting my little brother a DS game and just browsed all the games.)

No sale. Heck I love Amazon too, but there's a lot more than the ending (I get the joke) to hate about Mass Effect 3. I get the weird feeling this will a big part of discount bin filler before too long. A real shame considering how promising things were when it started.

Just played through mass effect 3. Ending was a HUGE let-down! I would not have paid full (Australian) price had I known the ending was going to be so shitty and such a let-down! I should have waited until it hit the $5 bin like Duke Nukem Forever has done!

Oh yeah I saw that on Amazon the other day. Too bad I still only have $20 to spend on games that isn't already commited to a gamestop gift card.

I'll wait till the deluxe edition with free DLC comes out. Kind of like I did for me2.

Enjoyed the game, hated the ending(s). Would not buy again.

Since when did Escapist start to advertise sales?

LadyDeadly:

Mike Kayatta:

LadyDeadly:
Mass effect 3 has been 30 at walmart for weeks now , this article is late.
The pc version is still 60 dollars though

You mean this Wal*Mart? http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=mass+effect+3&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Also ... the article is about Amazon's deal, which is only happening today. While my skills are vast and ponderous, time travel beyond 1 second/second is sadly not among them at present.

bugger off.

Yesssss...

Mass Effect 3 is pretty good game with interesting missions and the worst ending in the history of computer games to date bar nothing.

The Escapist are doing ads now, that's wonderful.

Nah, i`ll pass. After spoiling myself with the ending i have no need to really play this.

Definately worth that, but I already bought it for 30. Plus it already passed my personal value for money theory, so its all cool.

I don't get all the people bitching about this article smelling like an advertisement or not being news. The US economy still isn't healthy. I would think that an opportunity to get a recent high-profile AAA release at half off would be incredibly relevant information for a lot of gamers. Especially if it's only for one day. I know I'm definitely interested, and I would have completely missed out had it not been for this article. I check Escapist daily; who checks Amazon daily?

I paid full price shortly after launch. But for Mass Effect, I don't mind giving the creators their due.

Tharwen:

LadyDeadly:

Mike Kayatta:

bugger off.

Yesssss...

okay this made me laugh XD
perhaps i should'nt have been so curt with him

"Meanwhile on Steam, Skyrim is still topping charts at $59.99"!

MrDeckard:
This is a wonderful example of a great thing being the result of massive idiocy...

Great ending (screw you guys, yes it was) leads to bitching leads to nerd outcry leads to Amazon reducing prices.

Kind of beautiful in a sick way...

Like inventing the blender by someone sticking their penis in a rotating fan.

but nyeeh-

must avoid the obvious flame bait

OT: it;s just a sale on Amazon guys :p no need to panic. It's probably because they took so many returns.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here