Find Your Perfect Career by Choosing Colors

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Hilarious!

This must have been the worst test I've ever taken and I've taken a few.

My keywords:
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional.

Information about me:
Officially diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I may be nonconforming, I don't even know how to conform but I'm everything but impulsive, I haven't the faintest clue on how to properly express myself. I simply don't seem to get romance, it all seems so sexist and irrational. I'm far from intuitive, realizing many things only hours later if at all when it's far too late to react. I'm not really sensitive, often insisting on the logical course of actions regardless of any emotions. And 95% of the time I don't seem to have any emotions, or at least I'm not aware of them.

Also, the colours were horrible. I like green, they never showed me a real green. I also like red, they never showed me a real red.

Wow, I have never found a personality test that was so general AND so wrong. Quite impressive what they managed there.

Got reasearcher, was pretty surprised as it's closer to what I do, it had me down as organised though, completely wrong there :P

I can't believe this was worth a news post. It's complete rubbish, it works the same way as horoscopes do; All of the results are written to sound specific but be vague enough to apply to almost anyone.

*EDIT* The longer one doesn't even have the honour of working at all. It thinks I'm a creator and a persuader. At least the short made sense.

The idea that being made to arbitrarily rank colours is in any way related to your personality and abilities is absurd. I don't have a colour rank, and I don't particularly mind what colours I look at. None of them are my 'least favourite', and even if one was then it would affect anything.

The first set of keywords is OPPOSITE of what I am like.
BUT, it did give AUTHOR as occupation, which I am!
Also, I do tons and tons of research (Second Occupation) for my job, which I do from home.
Second set of keywords are exactly what I'm like...

So that's pretty darn impressive overall!

=====================================================

Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR
Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
For Example Author

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with this free-spirited type.

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords:

Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

Went into this thinking it'd be a load of old bollocks and got the creator result with persuader as 2nd best.

Strangely accurate but then again I guess it does give fairly general results.

Social manager was my top result... seeing as I work in the promo industry, that sounds about right.

CAPTCHA: yeah right. Its true, I swear captcha!

Rednog:
I got for my
Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR
KEYWORDS
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional.

For my
You're a PERSUADER
KEYWORDS:
Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

Sounds pretty spot on for me, sadly my career path is no where near either of those, and suffice to say I'm not super happy about my job. I do my job as a need for cash rather than for the enjoyment of it.

Hot damn, I got the exact same results (which I thought were pretty fitting, it's what I want to do) and my job is also creatively lackluster and I'm not nuts about it. It's pays but that's about it.

Quoted for similarities, and truth

Zaik:
I'm inclined to believe these are intentionally vague somewhat positive traits a majority of people can relate to. Going to try running through almost entirely opposite of what I did and see what it says.

So yeah, this is the psychological equivalent of cold reading.

you might get the same result if you do not delete your cookies.

i got creator and organizer.
after deleting the cookies. i got organzier and researcher.

Tornix:
I knew I would get Creator and I did. I didn't expect Organizer as the second one but once looking through it I could tell it's acceptable.

Ditto. Apparently preferring earth tones makes me want to create things and then organize them. Or maybe wanting to create things and then organize them makes me prefer earth tones?

primary; social manager: fuck no.
secondary; creator: i wish, but sadly, i have no talent in this field.

my analysis: test is bad and should feel bad.

Did the full one:

These suggestions are terrible, I'd never consider any of those jobs! D: I can be precise and orderly, I just don't often choose to be. <.<; I suppose I can critique things quite harshly thoroughly if that counts.

The shorter one works better for me:

Red-Orange

If you selected red and orange: You use facts compiled from past mistakes and successes to deliver strong opinions that are hard to refute. Others learn invaluable information from your critiques about the efficiency of a project.

Make more money in areas where you can sail your own ship by constantly examining, in detail, what needs to be done and express your opinion when things go off course.

Edit: Missed the second occupation

You're a RESEARCHER
Keywords:

Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

These investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

That one works for me, I'm a university student looking to make a career out of it~!

I also want to set everyone else involved in my last group project on fire. <.<

It pretty much gave me my nightmare jobs.

Gave me pretty spot on results in terms of the type of career I want to follow I guess...

soren7550:
Yeah, second one doesn't apply to me. It says to go to Grand Canyon University (I live in New York, and I really don't want to go to Arizona), it's a prestigious Christian university (I'm an Atheist, and sort of resent the Christian faith), offers some of the best online education programs in the nation (if I'm on the computer, I'm most likely going to faff about on the internet), and offers bachelors and master's degree programs through the Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, College of Christian Studies and College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (fields of study that I don't care to study).

Apologies for not clarifying this in the OP - in the long version of the test, there's a kind of advertisement before the actual results page. It is, as far as I can tell, just a randomly-selected private educational institution. It's not related to how you answered the questions.

Weird. I get the same results with other tests... I am creator.
Still unemployed though.

Here we go.

You're a CREATOR

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Areas of interest are far beyond the expected fields of art, drama, music, and writing. There are many occupations that allow creators to express, assemble, or implement ideas and maximize resources.

and

You're a SOCIAL MANAGER

Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful
This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.

Heh, I'm surprised. It's pretty accurate with how I am at the moment and with what I'm doing. My course, Communication And Multi-media Design is pretty much a combo of those two things. I'm more of a social manager than a truly creative person though as with group work I usually fill that role

That was inaccurate.

Unlike what most people had here I actually arrived with an answer that just was so vague and essentially generic that it barely actually had any overlap with what I am.

I work as a programming consultant, don't really care for this kind of exams but it does mention I'd be 'good' at that, who knows.

I'm a Creator and a doer... So a god?

Totally wrong... I hate math and keep nothing organized. Working at the till was the worst part about my job. The second one is a little more accurate, as now I'm in animation school, so there are less theoretical problems and more technical skill needed. But I certainly don't want to work outdoors either.

I picked a lot of blues with an aversion to yellows.

Extremely wrong for me. It put me in education and organization fields. I don't mind teaching others but it's definitely not one of my favorite things. I hate organization, it's potentially my weakest trait.

This is fun...

Short test was red/purple. Seems to mean I can see through emotions to get to the facts. And I'm very calming which is rather news to me.

Long version: I am a creator. Or a researcher. I'm assuming that's if the first one didn't work out.

Creator-Persuader

Couldn't be more wrong.

You're a CREATOR
KEYWORDS
These original types place a high value on self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Areas of interest are far beyond the expected fields of art, drama, music, and writing. There are many occupations that allow creators to express, assemble, or implement ideas and maximize resources.

I am actually surprised, this actually is a pretty accurate description of me. I am a Musician and I am usually nonconforming to the norm. I'm not very expressive but I do like to create things so that's a kind of expression I guess. Not a romantic to a degree but I am Chivalrous most of the time if that counts :/ . However emotional does not really describe me but I can empathise with people easily and will protect someone if they are emotionally unstable, Musically I listen and write alot of music which is atmospheric and filled with emotion, and my favorite Anime, TV shows, Books and games are ones which can cause an emotional reaction

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

Apparently I'm an organizer first, persuader second.

I'd say that's creepily accurate but my mind is almost certainly being biased. If it had said something alse I'd have made up other reasons why it was accurate.

But still it SEEMS pretty accurate. And it is a bit odd how the short test and the long test both gave me pretty much the same results.

It tells me that I should be a researcher, and an creator. Combined, yes I get it, but just a researcher? No.

Pretty interesting, and spot on. Researcher/Organizer.

well, way less organizer, but researcher is so accurate it hurts.

Golan Trevize:

Not bad, not bad at all.

This is the same one I got. Seeing as I am currently studying chemistry and biology with the intent of being a science teacher this actually seemed like it was a decent fit. I am guessing this isn't really that scientific or even very accurate, but it's interesting that it managed to hit the target perfectly.

I was given the result of an 'organizer', I stopped reading the description after it said "They will enjoy mathematics"

I fucking hate maths.

I'm so tired... I messed up some choices because this is what I got...

I'll try and remember to take this again tomorrow... when I am awake and can think properly.

Let's see.

Overall, I'm moderately impressed.

Holy shit it works!

I got Creator which is exactly why I am studying to be a teacher because it offers the flexibility to be creative :)

I also enjoy art, music and drama. I like to work independently and basically agree with everything it said. Haha!

My second option was 'persuader' which basically means leadership and control over what I do and believe in.

Best: CREATOR OCCUPATIONS:

"Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional"

Educational careers

Well, at least I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing (History Teacher)

2nd best: You're a PERSUADER:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

Positions of leadership, power, and status.

I've always wanted to be the 'evil' overlord of all humanity. Let's get to work.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here