Update: Microsoft Finally Admits to Xbox 720

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

GAunderrated:
Funny thing is this generation of console's have been so busy of running franchises and sequels to the ground that I can't even think of one exclusive game from microsoft that excites me enough to buy a new console.

Also I'm hesitant to get near a new microsoft console since its turning into a media hub more than a gaming console.

The irony is strong in this one.I do not think that M$ would push out something this early but I have been wrong, before I did not think Bethesda would screw the pooch with Dawnguard for M$ bullshit but hey.

Itsthatguy:

BiH-Kira:
And the official name will probably be xbox 360 triangle

I was thinking something more along of the lines of XBox 360 TRI

And for those who dont get it

Can this be the true view of the M$ gaming team.... seems legit.

kitsuta:

indicates that the console may be scalable or even somehow customizable by the user.

Anyone wants to bet it'll end up like the PS3? The advertised promises that were broken?

I knew it wasn't the next Xbox. You don't announce a console just months before you release it. That's part of what killed the Dreamcast. You need at least a year in advance to garner enlugh developer suport.

CriticKitten:
So why would Microsoft screw themselves with bad design architecture, knowing that video games are extremely data-intensive programs that place a high load onto their processor on a rather consistent basis?

It's almost certainly because most of those assets/resources are going to be put toward emulating a RISC environment on CISC based hardware for the simple reason that emulating across instruction set architecture types is VERY resource intensive.

Well, at least Microsoft are getting a taste of what VALVe has to put up with at every turn for HL(2:EP)3...

I fucking called it, I knew it wasn't true.

thebobmaster:
It seems odd that a brand new system that is supposedly releasing in the next 4 months hasn't even been confirmed by Microsoft, doesn't it? Especially with the WiiU having been confirmed for over a year.

And this is why skepticism is always preferable to immediately believing every rumour you hear.

we always knew they would make a new console, how is this news?

kitsuta:
We apologize for contributing to any confusion regarding this matter through previous coverage.

You might want to change the title, then.

"Always on, green device" If it's always on, it's not really a "green" device is it? I wish companies would stop making things that don't have an off button.

Is homophobic really the right term? I think that anyone making the comments most likely do not care or hate the gays, and a connection between hate and fear has never really worked as an explanation to anyone older than 10 years old...

We need to come up with a different term... like... homogenic... or homosatarian.

Kargathia:

Druyn:

Naw, you're not thinking it through... they're offering a game console (or at least, we assume it will still play games... hard to say with all the other shit they're shoehorning in) that can also be used as a DVR so you can 'time-shift' (legalese for 'record and watch later') tv shows.

Doesn't sound like something they'd really be interested in... except for when those HDDs inside the start getting full-as-fuck (and people who own DVRs will tell you that doesn't take anywhere near as long as people think it will) and people want bigger and bigger HDDs... which microsoft will be more than willing to sell them at a grossly inflated premium.

Which is a beneficial side-effect, but hardly the single most important reason to include tv functionality.

What? That's not what I said!

Druyn:

What? That's not what I said!

Sorry, still adjusting to the new layout - your post was under the one I wanted, so I first accidentally quoted you, and apparently didn't remove it all.

There's no way they'd launch the 720 this year, considering they remained completely silent on the next generation at E3.

I'm guessing probably Q4 2013. They'd be insane to wait any longer than that, with the Wii U already having a year head start.

stuff all the features you want in it, Microsoft. but the biggest thing I'm waiting to hear is how they'll handle games from the current gen to the next! downloadable games/games on demand, backwards compatibility, profile migration/Achievements... oh and money :/ more money on hardware means less money on games (which isn't always cause to be happy)

guess I've never been one for specs when there's fun to be had somewhere

Xbox 360 - xbox720

Yep, they are just going around in circles over there. Time to start guessing the color of this one's ring.

Okay has anyone else mentioned this yet?

Real Steel predicted this!

In the final scene there are all these billboard ads and one of them was for the 'Xbox 720'. If this is what they end up calling it then this means Real Steel might go down in history as the first movie to accurately predict it's own product placements.

Vrex360:
Okay has anyone else mentioned this yet?

Real Steel predicted this!

In the final scene there are all these billboard ads and one of them was for the 'Xbox 720'. If this is what they end up calling it then this means Real Steel might go down in history as the first movie to accurately predict it's own product placements.

I was too distracted by that obnoxious kid who is the most obnixious kid in a movie in the history of obnoxious movie children.

As long as its backwards compatible im happy.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here