Ubisoft Delays Assassin's Creed 3 on PC

Pages PREV 1 2

DRes82:

Somethingfake:
Gamespy should have asked what the shitty DRM will be

Its this thing called Steam. A client through which you purchase all of your games digitally so the publishers can maintain complete control over them, even after you shell out the cash. Weird, right?

Clearly you are not familiar with what Ubisoft PC games really use as DRM.

I still don't get why this is news anymore.

Ubisoft has been delaying PC releases since forever so we got used to it.The day when I saw the release date of AC III I thought to myself "Great,I'll play this game during Christmas yey...".I was wrong by a slight margin,but still,having to wait 1 extra month for it is plain stupid and insulting.

gigastar:

DRes82:

Somethingfake:
Gamespy should have asked what the shitty DRM will be

Its this thing called Steam. A client through which you purchase all of your games digitally so the publishers can maintain complete control over them, even after you shell out the cash. Weird, right?

I am not. I've refused to buy Ubisoft games since they first revealed that they couldn't give a shit less for their PC customers. I have a PS3 and an Xbox, but I will not buy their games for any platform. I know its pointless, but at least I can feel good about it.

So anyways, what is Ubisoft's DRM like? What makes it worse than that Windows Live bullshit or Origin?

DRes82:

gigastar:

DRes82:

I am not. I've refused to buy Ubisoft games since they first revealed that they couldn't give a shit less for their PC customers. I have a PS3 and an Xbox, but I will not buy their games for any platform. I know its pointless, but at least I can feel good about it.

So anyways, what is Ubisoft's DRM like? What makes it worse than that Windows Live bullshit or Origin?

Since you ask, Ubisoft manages to combine the worst of SecuRom and GfWL. You have to deal with limited installs, confirmation keys for both the games and DLC, and a constant connection to Ubisoft servers is required to play the game at all, even for offline games.

As a bonus, if you lose your internet or Ubisoft's servers go down for any reason at all you cannot play thier PC games at all.

Small wonder why Ubisoft's PC titles see the most pirating.

i was waiting for this. they always postpone the pc version. which is fine with me. rather take more time that it works properly then a half finished product that needs patching later on.

/sarcasm ZOMG! I wont be able to get it until THREE WHOLE WEEKS after someone else! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD. /sarcasm

Honestly guys come on. My life (and I hope not yours) does not revolve around game release dates. The reasons for it may or may not be reasons you like but who cares? I mean how many people (and of you) are NOT going to buy the game because of that? Is it really annoying and is it really justified to be annoyed or is it just another reason to go off the deep end. I know where my moneys at.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here