SOE President Vows to "Hunt Down" Planetside 2 Hackers

Pages PREV 1 2

"@Wutzi_bu we don't need to cross reference anything. Use it.. we'll find you. we'll find your family. we'll hunt you down. "

But then he also immediately replies to himself to follow up with...

"@j_smedley @Wutzi_bu or maybe I've been watching the trailer for Zero Dark Thirty too much. seriously we're on this. "

I'm very disappointed in you Escapist, great job at posting only half of the entire Tweet. That is not journalistic integrity and I really think half of you guys making these news posts ought to be reviewed and perhaps removed from Staff. Even better job with you pinheads not looking to see whether you're being told the truth or sold half a bottle of soda. This isn't even the first time you guys have been caught red-handed doing this.

Edit: Also, it would seem he's aware of this. Posted 8 hours ago:

@MeerMusik yeah people are only putting up one half of my full tweet.. Not including the part about Zero Dark Thirty.

mad825:
Maybe he went just a little over the top.

Hackers/cheaters are annoying, Yes. Most of them can be described as 13 year olds. Yes. Is it really worth wasting your energy? No, because they'll do it regardless.

Though,you could always be the next Blizzard.

In a persistent online multiplayer experience, getting rid of the hackers ISN'T a waste of time. Just a few assholes can ruin the experience for everyone. And here he's saying that Planetside 2 is willing to take out ALL the hackers... I wonder if the hacker hit-squad will display their killcount anywhere.

Scow2:

mad825:

Maybe he went just a little over the top.

Hackers/cheaters are annoying, Yes. Most of them can be described as 13 year olds. Yes. Is it really worth wasting your energy? No, because they'll do it regardless.

Though,you could always be the next Blizzard.

In a persistent online multiplayer experience, getting rid of the hackers ISN'T a waste of time. Just a few assholes can ruin the experience for everyone. And here he's saying that Planetside 2 is willing to take out ALL the hackers... I wonder if the hacker hit-squad will display their killcount anywhere.

What I meant was that there's no point going that extra mile. Which half-decent online multiplayer doesn't ban ALL of hackers/cheaters?

Frostbite3789:

rEvolution:

Hmmmm, Ever heard the saying "It's not a joke if you tell everyone to laugh."

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/276289500039245824

That's him telling everyone laugh. That fact he had to explicitly say he was joking; just so people understood he was joking.

What if he had specifically stated he was coming after your family?

Would that still be a joke?

No, he had to explain it's a joke because people like you took it too seriously. People trip out over nothing these days.

So you believe it's okay for a public figure to state his multinational corporation is "hunting down" people's families?
Even in jest?

But frankly, I don't really care that it was a joke, It's that he isn't in a position to make those kinds of jokes; what would the public reaction be if lets say Rupert Murdoch uses Twitter to announce his intent to hunt people's families down.

Would "people like [me]" be wrong for calling him out of line? Hell no. If your not running a billion dollar corporation, the average; say what the fuck you like. But if your the CEO of a hugely influential multinational corporation then you need to watch what you say because your under far greater scrutiny. Responsibility; Look it up.

My prayers have been answered! Dr. Hax has arrived!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here