Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Goes on Transhumanist Rampage

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Oooookkkkaayyy....It's a trailer that has no gameplay in it...so of course it's going to look good but.......OMG that was SOOOO cool! I have to keep an eye out for this title. I hope it comes out good cause I'm not really excited for any games right now.

AxelxGabriel:
Aw man :( Why Cyberpunk 2020 instead of Shadowrun?

Because Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Online are already happening?...sooooo moot point?

FFP2:
Even though I knew beforehand that this was CG when I first saw the lady's face I thought it was real.

I hope it isn't a PC exclusive...

Shouldn't worry, The Witcher 2 was made with consoles in mind, but it probably won't be on the current generation of consoles. If you are a Sony Fan just pray the PS4 isn't as much a shit to program for as the PS3, otherwise you may be out of luck.

My goodness the 80's had some good RPG stuff didn't it? I just hope that someone develops a decent RPG based on Twilight 2000.

The soundtrack alone sells this for me.

I guess we'll be playing as the fellow with the funky blue mask.

I think something in my pants just got augmented...

Whelp, this is goin' on teh wish list!

The trailer does look like the art of those old rpg books that made no sense... like how this is essentially a scene of an armed squad shooting at a girl WHILE THE GUY THEY HIRED TO KILL HER IS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER.

Wait what? ._.

Good old 80' rpgs, I swear.

looks interesting. i will keep an eye on it.

Everything I hear or see about this game makes me want it. This trailer is no exception.
That girl is giving me a Kerrigan vibe, not quite sure why.

Baresark:

UnderGlass:
Pretty adolescent stuff to be honest and a bit disappointing as far as tone goes.

I'm honestly curious about what was adolescent in that trailer?

That lady is in her underwear! Thats naughty, only babies do that!

I jest.

Micah Weil:

Zer_:
I've always assumed that it was the cybernetic implants within the brain that caused people to go wonky.

In Cyberpunk 2020, you had a "humanity" score, based off of a number of things. Every single bit of cybernetic alteration you made to yourself - and I mean EVERY single one; even a very simple cosmetic alteration dropped your Humanity score by .1 - would reduce that score a bit.

Get low enough, you become cold, distant.
Get to zero, the GM takes your character sheet away from you and your character goes apeshit.

Hopefully, they'll implement that into this game...

Exactly. Cyber Punk 2.0.2.0. I loved that game. They have augmentation, cyberpsychosis, the Psycho Squad... I wasn't looking forward to too many games this year. This will, hopefully, be one.

Ok, cyberpunk. Consider me interested. Liking the 80's vibe too.

It'll have to do until someone makes the Ghost In The Shell game of my dreams.

Hmm. The trailer is too vague and sensationalist to get me truly interested (ohh look naked lady getting shot in slow motion high definition! And she's a robot!). Still, I've heard good things about the Witcher games and after Human Revolution I'm keen for a new cyberpunk game. Looking forward to more info.

Someone on Reddit transcribed the secret message that flashes around 2:14 in the background (Paragraph 6 is very interesting. Witcher 3, perhaps?):

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so :) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo so let's begin!

First of all - have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting there are some things you can spot, like implants - look for the weapon hands and the real skin - corporate emblems that should look familiar and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release date. It's currently scheduled a way off in 2015 but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever - OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh - and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our dev team so if you are a talented dude or dudette willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now! careers@cdprojektred.com

So you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Mmm... We'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new. We are about the reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about :-) On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife - what other name could we have chosen for it?

CD Projekt RED Team

mad825:
"when it's ready"

Oh god, please god no. I beg you god, for fucks sake.

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this immediately upon seeing the "release date." Don't tempt fate, guys.

Tarkand:
The trailer does look like the art of those old rpg books that made no sense... like how this is essentially a scene of an armed squad shooting at a girl WHILE THE GUY THEY HIRED TO KILL HER IS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER.

Wait what? ._.

Good old 80' rpgs, I swear.

The guy isn't there to kill her, he is part of the police (specifically the MAX-TAC [Maximum Force Tactical Division], or Psycho Squad) and, crazy as this may sound, is trying to recruit her to kill others who take the path she did. Near the end of the trailer, you can see her in the "dropship" with the guy getting the same gear as he does. (You can tell from the facial scar that they zoom in on then zoom out to make for a scene change)

I wonder if you can take the option to be one of evil people you hunt down.

Best gaming video I've seen in a long time.

I'll check it out when it's ready.

Gun fetishism and sexism - the logical next step in CDPR's "mature" line of games.

Not a fan of the premise. Too many tech augs makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder. Working backwards its goes like this

Too many video games like Call of Duty makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many hours on the internet makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Comic Books makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Violent movies makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many dirty dancing (footloose?)makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.

This looks awesome. The first witcher had pretty bad and uninteresting gameplay, even if the story and characters seemed better. It wasn't able to keep my attention. However, the witcher 2 was great and they improved on all the areas, so I'm kind of hoping for something as good with this.

I can't say I'm particularly hopeful about how either the RPG or the open world aspects of the game are going to turn out, but I'm certainly curious to see how this shapes up. Pretty bitchin' teaser, too.

Man, the last two trailers from CDP have these fucking awesome slow motion sequences. So good.

mad825:
"when it's ready"

Wassa matta?

LiquidGrape:
Gun fetishism and sexism - the logical next step in CDPR's "mature" line of games.

That's okay, Escapist. It took us 51 posts to get here.

Spartan212:
hidden message snip

Great find - thanks for posting this!

ive waited over 20 years to see a cyberpunk game and its finally on the way. all the elements are there max-tac, cyberpsychosis, the style angle, the ubiquitous violence, network 54 and night city has the right feel to it.

im looking forward to seeing the gang.. alt cunningham, morgan blackhand, rache bartmoss and spider murphy, not to mention johnny silverhand.

Anybody think of the Bladerunner chase scene while watching this?

psijac:
Not a fan of the premise. Too many tech augs makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder. Working backwards its goes like this

Too many video games like Call of Duty makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many hours on the internet makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Comic Books makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many Violent movies makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.
Too many dirty dancing (footloose?)makes you go insane and turns you into a mass murder.

You know the difference between all those things and cybernetics?
They aren't bonded physically into your body.

Well, I definitely know some good uses for an arm blade like that.
Like slicing my bread, cutting my meat, surgery (Well, with arm scalpels at least) or cutting jungle stuff out of the way.

LiquidGrape:

Yay for sensationalists!

There is nothing particular in this trailer that is sexist. And this isnt gun fetishism, so, yeah, nice post!

mad825:
"when it's ready"

No. I for one want a finished game, not some broken mess just so a deadline-setting moron (in an office chair shuffling papers all day and trying to look impressive) is getting happy over "a job well done". Setting a deadline this early is wrong. have you ever developed a game/program/whatever? because then you would know that there always unexpected difficulties cropping up, which take each more than a day to fix. And because people like deadlines too much some of these things don't get fixed in the first place, because it's not time efficient. The result, of course, is something that barely works.
"but there are updates for that!" - NO. It is good to have a game as unbroken as possible right from the first day on, because otherwise the player's view on the game will get more negative with every crash, gamebreaking bug or unwinnable situation, until all you can think of the game is "oh well, this is crap. let's never look at it again."

Now, that's a bit of an over-the-top description of the problem, but I think it gets the point across.

[there's of course other factors, like the fact that the developer/publisher won't see their money from selling the product as fast, while the devs become more and more of a money sink, but eeeeeeeh......]

The Critic:

"There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as against all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call 'meatbags.'"

So, too many dips into the human augmentation pool causes people to go from Adam Jensen to HK-47? Actually sounds kind of interesting; and maybe a bit amusing, too. Maybe the first sign of biological rebellion is using speech conditionals...

More on topic, this game actually has piqued my interest. I've always had a lot of respect for CD Projekt, here's hoping the information to come makes this sounds even better.

Condescending statement: It doesn't matter how many signs there are, the meatbags human race won't notice us them until it's too late.

Chairman Miaow:

The Critic:

"There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as against all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call 'meatbags.'"

So, too many dips into the human augmentation pool causes people to go from Adam Jensen to HK-47? Actually sounds kind of interesting; and maybe a bit amusing, too. Maybe the first sign of biological rebellion is using speech conditionals...

More on topic, this game actually has piqued my interest. I've always had a lot of respect for CD Projekt, here's hoping the information to come makes this sounds even better.

Condescending statement: It doesn't matter how many signs there are, the meatbags human race won't notice us them until it's too late.

I dont know why, but your statement combined with your avatar just sent me into a giggling fit...

I do love me some cyberpunk, so being the skeptic that I am, my defenses were up against a game actually called "Cyberpunk".
But okay, colour me interested.

Ooohhhhh
Haaaaaaaaaaaaah

Wow, that trailer gave me the chills. I don't know if I'll be able to wait till release; perhaps I will go to Poland and sell my body to pay for a preview. These guys are today what BioWare used to be, the maker of great RPGs that cater to RPG fans, not mass-market shooter audiences.

I absolutely can't wait for this and is one of very few games I'll be pre-ordering in the foreseeable future (the only other I can think of off-hand is Thief IV). Love this trailer, fantastic stuff.

I can only pray to the Heavens in the hope they don't ruin this by making it for current-gen consoles. Please let it be a PC game...a console UI, tiny maps and all the achievement bullshit would just tarnish what is potentially the most exciting RPG to come it out in the next year or two.

Looking forward to more info and more crazy cyborg hookers.

KingsGambit:
Ooohhhhh
Haaaaaaaaaaaaah

Wow, that trailer gave me the chills. I don't know if I'll be able to wait till release; perhaps I will go to Poland and sell my body to pay for a preview. These guys are today what BioWare used to be, the maker of great RPGs that cater to RPG fans, not mass-market shooter audiences.

I absolutely can't wait for this and is one of very few games I'll be pre-ordering in the foreseeable future (the only other I can think of off-hand is Thief IV). Love this trailer, fantastic stuff.

I can only pray to the Heavens in the hope they don't ruin this by making it for current-gen consoles. Please let it be a PC game...a console UI, tiny maps and all the achievement bullshit would just tarnish what is potentially the most exciting RPG to come it out in the next year or two.

Someone mentioned before that the launch date that they are shooting for is a 2015 release, which should be a full year after the death of the last of the current gen consoles, so I think we can safely rule out the PS360 generation of consoles for this beauty.

Captcha: Two Roads Diverged in a wood

Answers:
Swear not by the moon
and shivering sweet to the touch
Violets are blue
I took the one less traveled by
five is right out
For you tread on my dreams

I like this new captcha!

hazabaza1:
I just hope that they can get a voice actor for the protagonist who can emote more than a fucking brick made out of potato.
Fucking Geralt, seriously.

Don't know about TW2, but AFAIK, the horrible English localization of the first game came about because Atari didn't expect the game to succeed outside of Poland. Hence little money and effort spent.

UnderGlass:
Still, their environment artists deserve a pay-raise.

CDP Red does some great EnvArt work, although the trailer was made by Platige Image (the same studio which made trailers and prerendered FMVs for the Witcher games), so I'm guessing they deserve the praise.

OT: I'm not a big fan of cyberpunk ("It's the 80s in the future! And it's dark! And gritty! And edgy!"), so I wasn't particularly interested in the game when it was announced, but maybe there's something to it. I'll mark February 5th in my calendar.

FelixG:

KingsGambit:
Ooohhhhh
Haaaaaaaaaaaaah

Someone mentioned before that the launch date that they are shooting for is a 2015 release, which should be a full year after the death of the last of the current gen consoles, so I think we can safely rule out the PS360 generation of consoles for this beauty.

Answers:
Swear not by the moon
Violets are blue
five is right out

I like this new captcha!

well yes but...

CD Project likes PCs so it does mean that they are developing with PC's in mind rather then the next gen consoles. Although I could be very wrong and they have accumulated enough profit to sink development into both console and PC alike, but yes it doesn't seem like current gen consoles are gonna run this. Sucks though I'm not looking forward to shelling out another 600 for ps4 (disregarding the rumors)

Spartan212:
Someone on Reddit transcribed the secret message that flashes around 2:14 in the background (Paragraph 6 is very interesting. Witcher 3, perhaps?):

...snip...

For anyone interested someone posted the image in the comments section on the original article:

DrunkenMonkey:

FelixG:

KingsGambit:
Ooohhhhh
Haaaaaaaaaaaaah

Answers:
Swear not by the moon
Violets are blue
five is right out

I like this new captcha!

well yes but...

CD Project likes PCs so it does mean that they are developing with PC's in mind rather then the next gen consoles. Although I could be very wrong and they have accumulated enough profit to sink development into both console and PC alike, but yes it doesn't seem like current gen consoles are gonna run this. Sucks though I'm not looking forward to shelling out another 600 for ps4 (disregarding the rumors)

That is true.

It also seems that the Witcher 2 didnt do as well as they had hoped on Consoles either:
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46887/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/

So they may well be sticking to their core consumers with this one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here