Capcom, Valve Reveal Resident Evil/Left 4 Dead Crossover

Pages PREV 1 2

Well, Capcom needs every little thing they can get to improve the disaster that was RE6.

More special infected in L4D2 is always nice I guess.

I wonder what prompted them to do this? I guess a hat promotion wasn't enough.

JediMB:
For a second I imagined playing L4D2 as Leon.

Then I was immediately disappointed by the fact that only RE6 *enemies* will make it into the game.

Well technically, you could still be able to. Valve are letting the fans take a shot at making some RE characters and will pick the 4 best ones to use as their official selections for the promotion.

Unfortunately, this implies that the VAs won't be lending their talents to the characters. So, y'know, glass half empty, glass half full.

Re6 players get to play as Coach and the gang on their game and l4d2 players get more special infected! Wth why can't we get Chris, Claire, Barry, and Leon in L4d2?

Man, I seem to be the only person who absolutely loves RE6... Granted, it's a little too Call Of Duty in spots for my taste, but it's still a fantastic game in its own right. Not as good as 4, but as good as 5 (and I think 5 kicks ass). I never played L4D1 or 2, but I still wish I as a PS3 owner could play as the additional characters. Hey Capcom, do a crossover with Silent Hill or Dead Space! For the love of God, let me play as Leon killing necromorphs!

I get Valve being respected, but Capcom? They have been hated for a while now, whether it be about Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Street Fighter on disc DLC, or of course, Megaman.

OT: I definitely would have preferred a crossover game, but meh, might be interesting.

Well, considering Left 4 Dead's structure with what are nearly standalone campaigns, making one that crosses over into the setting for RE could be a rather interesting idea.

This was already done the other way around, with Payday having a DLC heist set in Mercy hospital, and it was rather well done, in my opinion. Then again, that game shares a lot of core mechanics with L4D, and both series have a similar tone, so the crossover felt mostly natural.

I'm calling it right now, Lepotitsa will be a reskinned spitter or boomer, Napad will be a reskinned charger.

Ogroman I'm not entirely sure about, it's HUGE in the game, but I can see it just being a reskinned, slightly larger Tank in the game.

I don't expect to be super impressed by the end result, but if they have a special map with the Ogroman as a boss fight I'll be impressed nonetheless.

This article has presented me with a ripe opportunity to use a word I recently invented.

"Hmmm...how unteresting."

lol. good thing i dont intend to get RE6 due my hate for QTEs. sure sounds like a funny idea but its a stupid idea. what is valve thinking lately?? why capcom?? do they own them something or what.

Well when I read the title I just kind of figured that Valve would just be changing all the zombies in L4D into a minority of some kind in the spirit of the Resident Evil.

Bindal:

bafrali:

Bindal:
snip

Whatever floats your boat. But don't expect me to give anything in return if you know what I mean.

Not that I care what you think, you already lost your credibility for me when you said "buy the game, play it and get over it" without thinking that most people, who hate L4D2 already have it.

Must you turn every thread that involves Left 4 Dead in some capacity into a drama-laden whine-fest about how bitter you are about L4D2?

Seriously dude, knock it the hell off. It's tiring and this debate stopped being relevant years ago.

weirdguy:
Lame. Should have put them in Revelations instead.

People besides me played that game? I find that idea utterly hilarious by the way, some modders need to make this happen.

But on the whole, fairly underwhelming promotion and isn't likely to get me to boot up L4D2 again any time soon.

This is the biggest bait and switch since Blizzard at the PS4 press conference.

Ed130:
Wait, wasn't Capcom the company who had that On Disc DLC snafu last year?

Yes which is why I'm torn. I love Valve and steam is fantastic, but Capcom can go sodomize itself and choke on its greed for all I care.

Then again this doesn't really affect me since I don't own either game.

GamingAwesome1:
snip

they're rereleasing revelations for the console/pc.

also apparently they're randomizing locations of items and enemies, so you'll have to look over your shoulder every moment to make sure rachel isn't trying to gnaw your leg off

weirdguy:

GamingAwesome1:
snip

they're rereleasing revelations for the console/pc.

also apparently they're randomizing locations of items and enemies, so you'll have to look over your shoulder every moment to make sure rachel isn't trying to gnaw your leg off

Oh, right. That Revelations...

Something's gotten lost in translation here. I thought you were talking about this Revelations

Holy crap, a L4D / Resident Evil crossover? Where do I start *jumps like a schoolgirl* oh wait, I remembered something. I don't care for zombie related media AT ALL. Can someone please stop with this incessant singularity of zombie related debauchery that turns the watchers into the subjects they are watching? Pretty please with sugar on top?

If i cared about RE6, i'd be sad that they didn't include Survivors from first L4D. Anyway, that's just one more reason to reinstall L4D2 in the nearest future.

BTW: Obligatory comic strip

JediMB:
For a second I imagined playing L4D2 as Leon.

Then I was immediately disappointed by the fact that only RE6 *enemies* will make it into the game.

Really? Only RE6 enemies will make the crossover? Thinking on this more I think I'm OK with that as Capcom has (almost) always demonstrated more creativity in their enemy designs (sans primary antagonists) than in their protagonists (would you like to play the generic brown haired guy, the other generic brown haired guy or just to mix things up the generic blonde haired guy?). I'm also going to be interested to see if there are any new campaigns added to this as L4D2 is probably a better written game RE6 so it will be interesting to see how that gets resolved.

Yawn. I don't care at all about RE6. L4D2 is still a game I love cause I love killing me some zombies and I like to pop it in from time to time when I want to go on a shooting spree. However, it would have been nicer if they had included some RE6 playable characters instead of adding in some new zombies.

I'm going back to sleep now.

Bindal:

bafrali:

Bindal:
snip

Whatever floats your boat. But don't expect me to give anything in return if you know what I mean.

Not that I care what you think, you already lost your credibility for me when you said "buy the game, play it and get over it" without thinking that most people, who hate L4D2 already have it.

What's wrong with L4D2? I'm asking legitimately as I find it to be one of the best games I've played and don't know what the issue would be.

Is anyone else relieved that that's all it is?

I mean, Resident Evil has pretty much been a frigate class anchor plummeting down through ocean of fandom since 3. Doesn't surprise me Valve isn't looking to grab hold of that bitch in an attempt to yank it back up.

RicoADF:

What's wrong with L4D2? I'm asking legitimately as I find it to be one of the best games I've played and don't know what the issue would be.

Don't get Bindal started. If I recall it's not hardcore enough for him. "too easy" and blah blah.

Capcom sure does love to cross-over... Maybe they should focus a bit more on their own IPs.

I was really hoping for a Nemesis boss for Left 4 Dead...

...Mini-Tank? I know of no such Left 4 Dead zombie. I know of a Charger zombie, though. *self-satisfied snob sniff*

Having never played Resident Evil, it will be interesting to be exposed to their zombies.

the wors videogame company is joining hands with what many hold the best videogame company to make a crossover of two not that good titles.

yeah.... this will end well.....

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or