BioShock Infinite March Sales Rise Above 2K's Expectations

Pages PREV 1 2

Less than one million in its first week? Damn, the game may not be the best the franchise has to offer, but it is certainly better than being a total flop at less than one million in a week! I guess Irrational is now on the chopping block...Oh wait, it's actually above expectations...

On a more serious note, I'm glad to see that 2K had more realistic expectations for this game than other publishers, and I'm glad to see the game exceeded those expectations. For all my problems with the game, I still thought it was a great experience overall.

I am happy that they raised above expectations, that's what happens when you make such a masterpiece. I smiled for a bit, but then I remembered that there are spankgargleweewees that just recycle their last year's project and get much more sales *sigh*

J Tyran:
God of War: Ascension and Gears of War: Judgement

What and what, now? Seriously, I'd not even heard of either of those until now...

I tend to hear about games via hype, so that's a pretty good indicator that noone gives a shit about either GOW any more. Bad news for whoever developed those.

OT: Sweet (: I like it when hard work and good games with original ideas get rewarded. Hopefully some similar successes will pop up, and open the AAA industry's eyes on what consumers actually want.

Lerola:
I am happy that they raised above expectations, that's what happens when you make such a masterpiece. I smiled for a bit, but then I remembered that there are spankgargleweewees that just recycle their last year's project and get much more sales *sigh*

Aye, but their sales are no longer climbing much. I think COD has pretty much plateau'd now, meaning that before long we'll see the inevitable descent... hopefully.

An age of gold is about to rise!
What scares me is what'll happen when some games become mainstream, will they try to improve or just decline? We've already had cases where everyone ends knowing that game and then things go bad *cough cough Assassin's Creed IV*

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here