Guise of the Wolf Dev Takes Down Negative YouTube Review - Update 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

llagrok:
I pray that they tear down TB, his terrible videos and anything else that mouth-breather has put on the internet.

Only thing that we need is his poorly written article on somethingawful.

Sure, because a content provider you don't personally like is obviously worse than a company breaking the law to silence criticism about their shitty game so they might be able to fool a few more people into giving them money before the word is out to everyone.

Do you not see how ridiculous your statement is?

llagrok:
I pray that they tear down TB, his terrible videos and anything else that mouth-breather has put on the internet.

Only thing that we need is his poorly written article on somethingawful.

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I found some of his reviews funny. Can you tell me what it is about him, specifically, that you do not like?

I thought FUN also took down some small time videos as well (I believe I heard that somewhere).

Its Garry's Days incident Mk2!

Oh dis gon be good!!!

EDIT:

They're playing the conspiracy card that someone 'pushed' TB to make that video?

Oh dear gods...

This just seems so wierd to me. I haven't even seen TB's review because it was pretty obvious that GotW was a bad game just from watching the trailer/gameplay video on steam. I love the concept but the game itself just isn't up to par.

And instead of just letting the negative reviews exist, the creators decided to be a dick about someone calling them out on their work which only makes them look like a bully. TB is going through a lot of crap he shouldn't have to and FUN could be actually taking the criticism and making a GOOD game out of Guise of the Wolf.

Instead we have this crap. *Sigh*

It all seems so comical when think about it. A game is created and is reviewed, but it gets a bad review. So the creator tries to shut down the bad review. Well I guess it's like a government cover up or conspiracy; silence the truth. To anyone that watched TB's video you'll see he didn't go out of his way to find the bug, glitches, or horrible mechanics. In truth they practically exploded out of the clown car, after running him over in an 18 wheeler, that was on fire. Much like Day One I think this is because he's a popular reviewer. I'm sure other not so flattering videos exist, but TB has a wider audience which in turn a larger influence. He's not the only one to say it may be crap, but if those that do follow him see it and pass on the word.... There's an easy fix to such a problem; make a decent game. I'm not saying a perfect 5 star AAA title. Make a game where such issues walking through trees or getting stuck in rocks isn't a problem. Maybe a stealth mechanic with more depth than crouching just to pick a pocket. Yeah, TB is just evil for poking holes into that paper boat of a game.

Send lawyers to the UK? Why? So that they can call TB over the phone in the US? Good luck with that extradition hearing.

Also, fuck you, "Fun Creator".

But wait, ive got something even better!

This turned up on the GotW Steam forum following TB's research stream and the WTF is... episode.

Yes, we can take down the videos, but why?
We are not enemies here!
TB is free to express his opinion.

It's better to update the game frequently and add new levels for you guys, this way I am sure TB will re-review it again.

Thanks for your advice but don't misunderstand TB, it's his style which may look harsh.
Last edited by FUN Creators; 8 Feb @ 6:39pm

http://steamcommunity.com/app/259640/discussions/0/558746089682249264/

It also seems the FUN Creators Twitter feed has gone dark for the weekend, not that this should be a surprise to anyone.

Here's a fun video to share with everyone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqXWgqtx1M

Oh,
http://postimg.org/image/ic0ela1dr/
and
https://www.diigo.com/item/image/4mmx8/c8tb?size=o

You know, I kind of like the gaming scene now. All the hack devs who can't do crap with their games, and try to sell us poorly made, buggy shills of a mess actually make sure people KNOW they're nothing but a bunch of scam artists now! I say this kind of stuff is good, who knows maybe we'll start seeing people wearing signs announcing they'll be robbing a bank at noon next Tuesday!

Good riddance to these kind of devs though.

Oh! And here!
http://i.imgur.com/w1iLIhi.png

I guess idiots never learn. It's also a sad show of the industry that people are filing copyright on a video becuase they don't like what it says about their product. This is probably going to end the exact same way the original incident went.

Of all the people on YouTube they could go after they chose TotalBiscuit. That didn't end well for the Gary's Incident developers and it isn't going to end well for the Guise of Wolf guys either.

llagrok:

To everyone that seems to think TB is saving up for some massive rant video, I am not so sure he is.

When the Garry's Incident devs did this, he had it ready the same day, or a day after, I forget. For this one he seems to be letting Polaris handle it. I wonder if something has him spooked.

Cecilo:
To everyone that seems to think TB is saving up for some massive rant video, I am not so sure he is.

When the Garry's Incident devs did this, he had it ready the same day, or a day after, I forget. For this one he seems to be letting Polaris handle it. I wonder if something has him spooked.

Or. It might be because weekend, perhaps? That, and he's already made the rant once? He'd essentially have nothing else different to say in a video, other than to take the Day One vid and voice over "Fun Creators" or "Guise of the Wolf" as necessary over that part.

He's been pretty active on Twitter about it though, so no. I very much doubt he is spooked. The last image I linked above could say as much.

Barbas:
I've heard that thanks to YouTube's lazy copyright strike system, one more strike against TB means his channel goes down[1]. I've no idea whether it would be reinstated because of his popularity. Companies just seem to be doing this whenever they can get away with it now. According to Jim's latest video, seen here, Square Enix has been throwing strikes out willy-nilly for things like the Final Fantasy games. The video mentions they have taken down a lot of AngryJoe's videos, although I don't know how long ago that happened, since I don't follow his channel.

It's load of shit, really, innit?

It isn't actually a copyright strike but a DCMA strike that would eliminate TB's youtube channel. The two are different.

As for this event. Wow I gotta say this is really screwed up and probably the worst way any company and individual could handle this situation. I mean this "Jasmine" person sounds like a real winner. I mean it seriously makes me wonder how people like Jasmine here can get a job by basically being a complete retarded jackass.

The correspondence that is being exchanged and shown as evidence only hurts Fun Creators more because they lack the critical part of a successful business which is to have good business relations.

The sad part is Jasmine here thinks she is dealing with a small youtube channel. Except the youtube channel is being managed by one of the biggest youtube partners that is bigger than Fun Creators and that is Maker. Jasmine is just retarded doing no research on affiliations.

[1] I could be wrong here, but if it keeps going down and having to be reinstated over things like this, I can imagine him and others giving up on YouTube because of the hassle of the system, which is a concern.

I don't understand how anyone could think this would have any positive effect for them.

EVERYONE hates your shit game! What's the point of attacking just one person who is bashing it when all the other criticism will still be there. Especially when you attack someone who has the popularity to make it even worse for you.

I think simply refusing to buy the game and anything "Fun"Creators make isn't enough. I say we make sure we don't buy anything for any developer who ever employs any the top guys in the team. Making a terrible game could be a learning experience but harassing people who honestly point out the terribleness of your game is something which should justifiably ruin your career.

Steven Bogos:

Fun Creator then denied TB's "proof", claiming that the e-mail was photoshopped.

Photoshopped? They really said 'Photoshopped'? If this is the level of technical competence the developers have I don't even need to see a review of their game.

If he'd wanted to Total Biscuit could have changed that email in a text editor. But why would he even want to? I would think it would be easier to get the strike removed if he had evidence that it did not come from anyone with a legitimate copyright to the game. Fair use is a good defense, but being able to prove that the complaint came from someone with no rights to the game would be even better.

My favourite part:

Fun Creators:
Trust me, FUN creator is bigger than a couple of videos.

Really? I checked your website. Your one game's only claim to fame is being universally torn a new orifice by everyone that comes near it.

You are not bigger than anything

cursedseishi:
Oh! And here!

Is that real? I'm now inclined to think that they have had their email account hacked by someone trying to make things worse for them. They can't really be so stupid as to have sent that email, surely?

If I had coffee, I'd be sueing your asses off, right now. My screens and speakers would be broken! Anyways, this is just the weakest response to critisism I've ever heard...

CriticalMiss:

cursedseishi:
Oh! And here!

Is that real? I'm now inclined to think that they have had their email account hacked by someone trying to make things worse for them. They can't really be so stupid as to have sent that email, surely?

Pretty much a moot point now; you can't really get more fucked than completely fucked, and they passed that hurdle a while back.

CriticalMiss:

cursedseishi:
Oh! And here!

Far as I'm aware of, it is. Totalbiscuit had twitted that link less than an hour ago.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit

I'd link just the relevant tweet, but I'm a bit of a twitter novice so... Its right up near the top anyhow at the moment anyways. And "Fun" Creators are jumping right on it and denying it anyways.

Just floating another idea out there. Does anyone think that Valve deserves some of the blame for this?

The fact that Steam doesn't have a decent level of quality control for its games means that terrible games like this will be produced fairly often.

TB, as a reviewer, will feel professionally (and morally) obligated to protect consumers from shoving $15 up their own dick holes, buying this thing.

The talentless, and apparently completely childish and delusional, developers then copyright strike him for it.

Obviously Valve's blame is well down the list after "Fun"Creator and Youtube but they still contribute in some way to the environment where this kind of shit happens.

Way to destroy your companies image before most people know who you are. I had never even heard of them until now and after seeing their most recent email to TB I can safely say I will never purchase anything from them.

CriticalMiss:

cursedseishi:
Oh! And here!

Yeah, I'm willing to believe the email mentioned earlier, but this one seems kinda dumb. Like, phenomenally dumb.

Although it's kinda funny how they end that email with "Best Regards".

K12:
Just floating another idea out there. Does anyone think that Valve deserves some of the blame for this?

The fact that Steam doesn't have a decent level of quality control for its games means that terrible games like this will be produced fairly often.

TB, as a reviewer, will feel professionally (and morally) obligated to protect consumers from shoving $15 up their own dick holes, buying this thing.

The talentless, and apparently completely childish and delusional, developers then copyright strike him for it.

Obviously Valve's blame is well down the list after "Fun"Creator and Youtube but they still contribute in some way to the environment where this kind of shit happens.

Valve has pretty much acknowledged the uselessness of the Greenlight system to begin with, and have fortified that point by allowing hundreds of games in at a time rather regularly. They don't really care what comes through now. Valve only allowed the game in through there, so while there is some level of responsibility on their part, this has become less of a "shitty game being allowed on steam" and more of a "Shitty dev throwing shitty tantrum and crapping all over their own foot".

Uh... Wow... I don't know whether to laugh uproariously, or shake my head in utter disbelief. I fear that if I attempt to do both at the same time, I'll take an eye out.

That last e-mail, if it is true, is going straight into blackmail territory. Threatening to say it's false? If it does go to court, it's a bullet in the face of their defense.

These Devs are so stupid, even if they succeed, they are putting out a fire after it already burnt down the house.

The last time something like this happened it was a PR disaster for the publisher. Stuff like this could probably work on smaller video creators but TB is going to rip them a new one. Developers should really know by now that this stuff doesn't work.

If I could I'd take down all of his videos. Shame they can only do it for his.
Yeeeaah I don't really like the guy.

What the fuck? Is that company ran by 12 year old trolls?

Tom_green_day:

Maybe you should reconsider your position. You don't have to like him personally, but you cannot in the right mind deny his usefulness to gaming community.

Funny how there are people who are so rooted in their hate for something that they are actually hoping the devs win this.

I have had yet for someone to tell me why exactly they don't like TB, but that's irrelevant anyway. The point is, someone attempted to silence criticism, whether you liked it or not. It's really not that hard to understand.

I hate things too, but if they don't cause harm to anything then there's no point or justification for me to want its demise. Same goes for you people who wish TB would fail.

Adam Jensen:
This is such a weird story. What are these developers trying to accomplish? Commit the ultimate career suicide?

I still say that title goes to the douchebag PR dude for those special modified controllers that went absolutely fuck-nuts when some guy wrote in an email about not getting his controller when he was supposed to.

You all remember the story, right? The guy that didn't get his controller ended up writing to Penny Arcade about it and then the PR dude REALLY flipped his shit claiming to know everyone from Cliff Bleszinski to the mayor of New York to Sean Connery to Jesus Christ himself. He went on to get blasted across the internet as THE Douchebag of the 21st Century. A very surprising feet seeing as how we're only a decade into said century. :P

themilo504:
First day one Garry incident and now this game, is youtube simply blind or do they just not care?

I'm sure if you were to ask Google to go over the whole Fair Use legalities and how the vast majority of the copyright complaints they receive should be ignored due to Fair Use, they'd smile, say they understand your concern, and ask you to wait a moment while they go check the back room. Approximately three minutes later they'll return, saying that they're incredibly sorry, but when they went to check they found that they're quite simply all out of fucks to give.

Tom_green_day:

I don't like TB either but I don't think anyone really deserves to have their livelihood taken away on false claims. If it can happen to TB it can happen to any YouTuber including the ones you like.

Stuff like this is why I like the idea of the Steam Tags. GotW is tagged with everything from "Don't Buy", "Shovelware", and "Buggy" to "False Advertising", "Scam" and "dishonest developer".

Of course, one of the tags is "A better love story than twilight", so I suppose the system ain't perfect yet.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here