91.4% (954)
91.4% (954)
No
7.8% (81)
7.8% (81)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Did you like Mass Effect 2?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

So Im reading a bunch of forums about how everyone hates Dragon Age 2 and couldnt help but notice how Mass Effect 2 was also getting some flak. I thought ME2 was a great game. It improved combat, had a nice story, interesting characters (Jack and Mordin especially) and didnt keep giving you random crap that you would just turn into omni gel later. And despite what people say, I actually liked how every character had his own unique costume instead of having to change it around with various generic body armors as you leveld up. Some more cosmetic customization would have been nice, but it certainly wasnt a deal breaker. The only thing that got to me was the box art for the standard edition.

One of, if not my favourite game of all time. Loved it.

I did. Not as much as some of BioWare's other games, but I had a great time with it.

I really enjoyed it...it's production values were amazing...but it was streamlined to the point of crazy linear. I mean, the first one may have had pretty shoddy driving controls, but it gave the sense of huge worlds. The second one was just corridor after corridor.

That being said, I still loved it, replayed it about 5 times.

Yeah, I thought it was incredible. I felt it vastly improved on ME1 in every way. To me, it is superior to both Dragon Age games, also.

Indeed I did, in the middle of another replay actually. Hell I thought it was decent at first, great when I replayed and noticed all I missed, but it kept me coming back so it must be doing something right.

I just really wish the 3 merc groups didn't feel the need to appear in every damn non-geth, non-collector combat mission. That still frustrates me.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Better than Mass Effect 1 by a long way.

Where is the option mildly enjoyed it?

Great game, bad RPG, in my opinion.

I felt that it was perhaps a little over-simplified, but I still loved it.

AlternatePFG:

This. I though it was an awesome shooter with a great story. But it is funny how it pretends to be a RPG.

In terms of story, I felt it really sucked until towards the end. Combat was better, although characters I felt were a bit less likable. I'd have to say I only like the first one ever so slightly more, but the second is definitely one of the best games I've played.

I liked it, but that's due to the great characters, visual design and variety in setting.

Since the sequel-that-shal-not-be-named didn't have this, it felt like a bland sandwich.

It was pretty good. Though the elements for ability and weapon customisation was toned down below what i liked (i loved it in the first one..) the dialogue parts were just plain awesome.

I didn't necessarily dislike it, I just thought the original was more fun. ME2 gave me the feeling of another shooter, only when I played LotSB did I get the same feeling I got when I played ME1.

I'm currently playing ME1 again setting up a final save to be used when I go through the other 2 games, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than ME2. My first experience with ME2 was mostly the fact it was "new" and all the hype. After playing through twice there isn't much to do.

ME1 however, I always felt like I was doing something different even if it was slight. Whatever, though.

No, not really. Couldnt find anything that could had kept me on playing it.

Loved it.

Yup. Great game. My favourite of 2010.

Don't worry about the whiners. They are a noisy minority.

As is said before, it's a crazy fun game that's pretending to be an rpg.
But I enjoyed playing it though, best third-person shooter ever.

Yes of course. It was a gem in a coal mine that was 2010

It's my favorite game of all-time.
I still love it after nine (about to be ten) playthroughs.

I loved it a great deal. It was the first game I got all the achievements for.

Good game, eagerly awaiting 3, although to be fair it initially pissed me the hell off. Thermal clips, the crippled inventory and skills and a few characters. But given time i came to either tolerate or ignore these when presented with a good story. Here's looking at Admiral Hackett!

Probably my all time favourite game (I get torn between that and Oblivion)and definitely my favourite Bioware game. It's the most cinematic game I've ever played and one of the most refined. It also happens to be the best sci-fi I've come across in any medium. The gameplay is great; especially playing as a Vanguard,I like the sense of choice it gives you and there's fantastic dialogue and a great cast of characters driving it all.

I see where people are coming from with the no inventory/streamlined levelling complaints when you compare it to ME1 but spending a lot of time in menus and playing around with stats is never something I've enjoyed in RPGs anyways.
I still think it's great as an RPG because it's brilliant at letting you play the role of Shepard and that's what a role playing game is meant to do.

I don't really get why anyone hates Dragon Age 2 either. Sure it isn't Bioware's best game but it's still pretty great and I really like the backstory and the art style.

Yes I do like it, people should stop bashing it for no reason finally.

Thought it was a fantastic game tbh, second only to the Elder Scrolls series.

Only problem was that they replaced vehicle sections with planet mining D:

Also the 'Planet scan side-missions' (Where you find an anomaly on a random planet and land on it for a mission) were crap :P

Can't wait for ME3!! XD

Great game

kman123:
I really enjoyed it...it's production values were amazing...but it was streamlined to the point of crazy linear. I mean, the first one may have had pretty shoddy driving controls, but it gave the sense of huge worlds. The second one was just corridor after corridor.

That being said, I still loved it, replayed it about 5 times.

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

It's up there as one of my favourites, though there are some elements that I would have liked to return from the first game.

i loved it, i just wish they didnt remove all RPGness from it, but apart from that its one of my favourite games

Great game.
Fun and solid gameplay, enjoyable characters, very good and re-memorable storyline, though the amount of DLC was a joke.

Absolutely detested it and its damn near ruined the series for me.

Edit: Poll is a bit pointless really. The vast majority are going to say like, even if they preferred the first game and didnt like the changes because ultimately, they DID like the game, even if it wasnt as much as they wanted to.

Should have been more broad in terms of opinions on the game instead of just a black and white like/dislike. OP has an agenda though, so I guess its mission accomplished.

Xaositect:
Absolutely detested it and its damn near ruined the series for me.

Edit: Poll is a bit pointless really. The vast majority are going to say like, even if they preferred the first game and didnt like the changes because ultimately, they DID like the game, even if it wasnt as much as they wanted to.

Should have been more broad in terms of opinions on the game instead of just a black and white like/dislike. OP has an agenda though, so I guess its mission accomplished.

And what woud that agenda be?

SacremPyrobolum:

And what woud that agenda be?

To counteract the negativity you have seen on other forums and clearly dont like.

When your only real criticism of the game is the boxart, I dont think you are looking for anything other masses of like votes to outnumber dislikes. If you had posted a number of more varied views for people to choose from, I wouldnt have said anything.

The story and characters were great. Very involving. Still felt like it lacked some depth.

I found that the combat was still terribly uninspiring though. The game may have played better as a point and click adventure.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

AlternatePFG:

This. I though it was an awesome shooter with a great story. But it is funny how it pretends to be a RPG.

Yeah, there's absolutely no character building to it, except for the linear upgrade system which is functional, gives me a reason to do side quests at least.

Then again, I'd still rather have it the way it was in ME2, rather than the really clunky inventory and somewhat pointless skill trees in the first game. Wish BioWare fixed those problems, rather than remove them altogether. Seems to be a pattern with them.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked