Games That Need Anime Adaptations

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

the metal gear solid series for one. then Persona 3, or Persona 4. then maybe infamous, castlevania, legend of zelda. hotel dusk and traua center would make good OVA's. that's all i can think of.

Mordwyl:
I always wanted this to become an anime series when little:

Only if the events of Chrono Cross were disregarded and they stuck with the original art style.

Leemaster777:
What about Kingdom Hearts? It's already got a manga adaptation, why not anime?

The only reason they wouldn't is because Disney might not like it.

...although on second thought, isn't there a Lilo and Stitch anime adaptation?

I agree. Kingdom Hearts is already steeped in the anime style and it's got a fairly solid story. The games are also non-linear enough to fit the TV show format rather well, compared to other games.

Hiken no Ace:
Ahh yes, I'd love to see an anime of Marvel Vs Capcom 3, following the shallow story that came with the special edition. That would be fun eye candy, heh

have to agree, this would be so epic.

EA's already capitalizing on the anime trend (embarrassingly enough). I don't think the world needs a Dante's Inferno 2 anime. Hypothetical hyperbole aside, I wouldn't mind seeing a BlazBlue anime, or No More Heroes. Anything by Team Ico would be nifty as well, and would serve as a nice escape from the usual frantic antics, with a unique art style no doubt. I would love to see a Silent Hill anime myself, but I don't think SH would ever do well in the medium, sadly. :(

Silent Hill 2. Or any of them really. That would be BEAST.

None of them

According to Sturgeon's Law 90% of everything is crap. But Anime seems to transcend this law and go above and beyond with 98% of everything being crap. So I wouldn't want any of my favorite games to be an Anime.

Frozengale:
None of them

According to Sturgeon's Law 90% of everything is crap. But Anime seems to transcend this law and go above and beyond with 98% of everything being crap. So I wouldn't want any of my favorite games to be an Anime.

Here here.

Seriously, if I ever have to see any of my favorite series undergo the absolutely pathetic transformation that Halo went through with Halo Legends I will definitely RAGE. A LOT.

Anime adaptations should be left only to Japanese games.

Fishehh:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Oooh a Blazblue anime would be awesome!

Um, maybe street fighter? I know they've made an anime movie out of it, but I think a series would be pretty damn cool.

Or perhaps Guilty Gear, and maybe Odin Sphere! That would be cool.

I'd like to show you to Air Master
Basically you get Sakura from Street Fighter (ignore the gratuitous amount of pantie shots and you'll be golden, then again Sakura might as well not wear a skirt...)
Enjoy :)

I have never heard of that anime before, so I most definitely will. From the screen shots it looks like I will be doing a lot of ignoring, but thanks!

Akytalusia:
a touhou anime is in desperate need of being made, considering alot of people think it's an anime to begin with.

There actually is a Touhou anime. Not an official anime mind you, but it does have actual, professional seiyuu. http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Musou_Kakyou:_A_Summer_Day's_Dream

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Fishehh:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Oooh a Blazblue anime would be awesome!

Um, maybe street fighter? I know they've made an anime movie out of it, but I think a series would be pretty damn cool.

Or perhaps Guilty Gear, and maybe Odin Sphere! That would be cool.

Basically you get Sakura from Street Fighter (ignore the gratuitous amount of pantie shots and you'll be golden, then again Sakura might as well not wear a skirt...)

I have never heard of that anime before, so I most definitely will. From the screen shots it looks like I will be doing a lot of ignoring, but thanks!

You're quite welcome, have you watched any of it yet?

Does Phoenix Wright have an anime? If not, then I demand one right now!
A P3 anime (with the FeMC) would be awesome too. (No! Trinity Soul does NOT count!)

I'm more interested in game adaptions of animes. I'd love an RPG for Slayers, Gensoumaden Saiyuki, Hunter x Hunter, GetBackers, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Gokudo: Swordsman Extraordinaire, Sorcerous Stabber Orphan, Kino no Tabi, King of Bandit Jing, & Photon: The Idiot Adventures, plus some Adventure-Shooters of Miss Dynamite, Dirty Pair, Gunsmith Cats, Mezzo, & Blitz Tactics Nazica. Then some oldschool point-&-click for Gokusen, Petshop of Horrors, & Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.

I've always thought that Metal Gear would make a really good anime. Granted, the design would have to be a little more Western in look, but I think that series is great anime fodder.

armoured core
kingdom hearts
/tread

would like to see some thing done with legacy of kain but not anime not even americai wanna be anime

Fishehh:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Fishehh:

You're quite welcome, have you watched any of it yet?

I only had time so far to watch one episode, very strange, but very cool

System Shock.

I also agree on Warhammer 40k, maybe like the cinematics from the Dawn Of War games.

Don't tell me you wouldn't watch fallout or bioshock if they were put into an anime adaption . Hell I'd buy these and put them in my anime collection

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney would make an awesome anime. Yeah there's a film adaptation coming out but an anime version would be damn amazing!

Now I wonder if the characters would look better or worse without the sprite look. For some reason The Judge in full 3D animation just feels weird to me...

SlainPariah:

I also agree on Warhammer 40k, maybe like the cinematics from the Dawn Of War games.

What about in the style of one of those really cutesy ones there's probably a Japanese term for?

"Blood for the blood god desu~"

Michael Delvey:
Phoenix Wright, I mean every time I play the series I picture it as an anime in my head anyway. Every game is a full season. Every time I see the to be continued title, I pictured as an ending of an episode. I mean look at this fan made intro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVJ1_Un6qU

DAMN STRAIGHT, I've wanted this for sooooooo long. It could be one of the greatest things ever.

i know there is going to be a live action movie, but is there an anime of ace attorney?

because that would be awesome.

Wow... I clicked on this thread thinking "looks interesting" only to find out that I was actually the OP. Thanks for the necro? Lol.

Wouldn't mind seeing an Armored Core OVA. Definately would like to have more .hack// Anime though

kloiberin_time:

If we are going strictly Anime, most Western made games would be out. Anything by Bioware, Bethesda, or the other Western studios would not translate well. Even if we broadened the scope to allow western animation or live action most every game has had an equivalent show that is better. Mass Effect? I will just watch Star Wars or Firefly. Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls? I can watch Game of Thrones or The Lord of the Rings. Fallout? Road Warrior. Even going back to some of the older games you have the same problem. If you ignore the pretty bad adaptation of Wing Commander, it would not work in the film or television mediums because Battlestar Galactica did everything it could hope to do but better and first. The one thought I had was an over the top satirical adaptation of Grand Theft Auto, but then I remembered they basically did that in Canada and called it the Trailer Park Boys.

The thing with anime though is that, if done well, can do things that live action can't. I mean for Mass Effect things like the Mass Relays, the ships, the Citadel, the Geth, most of the Aliens and the shots from the weapons would all be CGI and would all stand out in the movie. Same thing with Dragon Age. Now if done in an Anime style everything, done in the same art style, everything fits into place well and it all fits together well. Now if they would spring for the cost of having physical objects, even if miniature, and actually costumes then things would be better. However, with the way hollywood is these days they won't and most of it will be CGI. A good example the Green Lantern movie.

Also I don't want a direct adaption of a game. Maybe an Anime that expands the universe and on characters that are not the MC, especially choice characters like in Bioware games. Why? Because if I played the game and the anime is just rehash of the game, then I've already experienced the story and without the gameplay its just the story. Maybe they can expand on events that happened before the game or during the game or after. Maybe in Skyrim they can show the war between the Empire and the Thalmur. Mass Effect, the First and Second contact wars, or maybe have the Alliance dealing with Cerbrus or a mystery on Omega. Expand the Universe on what we have already but don't have much depth.

So what I would like to see are the Universes of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Okami, Kingdom Hearts, Jax and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, The Elder Scrolls.

Deus Ex.

Well, it could work

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked